Welp it happened, in hospital, its bad

wnaplay1647545503

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys Matt if your interested, you may have to try and get the camper out yourself. I make no guarantees on its condition or ability to be used. Let me know.

Dude, don't worry about any of that right now. Just get better...For real, let me know if you need anything or anything taken care of.

I have reached the point where I just want it all to be over. 4 days into what I am being told may be an 8 month ordeal has already taken it out of me. Still no answers from the doc because they just dont know yet. Their saying I may get out of the hospital by next weekend.. My heart sank again when they stated that. The pain subsides rarely and when it finaly does and I am able to sleep, they come in for vitals. By this time I am covered in sweat. The highlight thus far has been having a large strange man ask me if I wanted him to wash my back and me actually saying yes. I'm still not sure if he worked for the hospital or not. My wife sayed she thinks the brakes just went out in the suv. Good thing my in laws just returned from florida today and he will fix them tomorrow. Which is good because he owes me when its all tallied up. They are trying to wean me off the one drug that has been working(2mg diladid shots) and primarily want me to use percaset(sp) pills, not sure on dosage. Still need to get some bwc questions answered so I can start getting some money coming in. Body is starting to cramp a bit do to not really moving, really difficult to piss lying down. Havent came out the other hole yet. Its been almost 6 days and I am starting to worry. Maybe take something for that tomorrow. It really sucks being down like this.

Dude, don't worry about any of that right now. Just get better...For real, let me know if you need anything or anything taken care of.

I should be home and able to point you in the right direction with it in the next few weeks. I know were getting down to the wire. Its probably going to need some work having set all winter. I wasnt able to get wolf urine to keep the mice out so they probably have been into the canvass. It may be ruined.

I am trying to see if anyone has some video. For those of you that dont know me, I have worked for this company for almost 10 years. I left back in june of 08 I believe and went into another line of work. About 5 weeks ago I was asked to come back because things just werent getting done effectively from a cost, customer staisfaction and safety standpoint. 6 guys had been layed off and I was made a great offer to come back and cover for them. I was asked to go out on this job at the last minute and went out reluctantly because it was a fairly simple job. My aspect was to use the forklift to a remove pieces to a staging area. Simple right. Well either my rigger installed the eyebolt incorrectly or mistakingly used a damaged(bent) bolt. As I was preparing to stack the pieces, I needed to turn one of them about 1/8 a turn center them. As soon as I touched the piece, it snapped catching my left leg and forcing my right leg directly in the line of the falling piece. It wasnt very high but at an estimated 1200lb there really wasnt much of a chance.

Thanks everyone. I have always considered myself a a manly man when it came to pain. I whine like a girl with the flu but if it could be smashed, cut scrapped or anything else I just grin and bear it. I have come close to crushing both ankles when a buddies engine hoist collapsed when he ws moving his 454 out of his car. The ankles took the blunt of the force but a few days off and some slight swelling, I was good as new, ripped a tendon in my hand going through a car window trying to get at someone, had a 32'' long wrench hit my hand at 1400rpm's, spilt multiple fingers open while hanging siding in the middle of winter, and never once thought the pain was to much. But this is a whole other ball game. The pain is so intense this morning its just about become unbearable. Almost to the point of tearing up because you feel your out of options. Still no idea when the swelling may start to subside. Its at the point where I can feel every ache, rip, screw and everything else that went in to reconstructing it thus far. It hurts so bad. Anyone been through something like this?

I never hard exactly what happened to you. If memory serves, you hit a patch of gravel on the bike comiing from quaker state? What happened and what have you had to go through to fix it?

I laid it dowm on purpose to not hit Joe and kill him and myself. But yea anyway I don't think I slid at all, I went head over heals @ 80MPH. Shanton was behind me, he pulled me off the road, I'm sure many saw what happened. I kept asking to myself, :am I ever going to stop? I had a destroyed right wrist(missing bone and a plate installed) Trauma surgeon refused to do the surgery because he felt he could not save the wrist, called in Dr. Cook (3rd in the nation). 4 surgeries and Rehab for this.

COmplete tear of ACL, MCL, And some cartledge in my left knee. Had ACL replacement and rehab.

Broken right ankle at the botom of the bone, the top of my foot touched my shin.

Wheelchair for a month, lots of narcotics for 90 days after.

Feel like hell today. swelling still killing me, food is horrible. Might try to make it into a wheel chair today. No doctor so no answers on how its going. I have been to drugged up when he comes in to get some answers the last few days. Typing in here gives me some comfort at least. They gave me milk of magnesia stuff, yucccccccccccck, Havent deuced it up in nearly 7 days so its this or the alternative, no thanks. Looks like another nice day ouside, is it warm again?