Welp it happened, in hospital, its bad

wnaplay1647545503

Cool man. I always worry if my gear is good enough. I wear what you did except for I wear some regular boots when I ride. Ever going to ride again?

I've thought about it, but my wife would get pissed if I did, she went through a lot too. It wouldn't be fair to her.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I obviously don't know you, but I wish you well. I've never been in a hospital personally for more than a week or so, but I've spent plenty of time there with family. Keep your chin up and do what the doctors tell you, to the best of your ability.

Also, maybe teach yourself something new while you're healing. Just find something to focus on that you value doing, kind of create your own productivity ;). Hopefully they're able to better control your pain here soon!

Surgery is over and I am not sure if its the anesthesia or what but I actually feel pretty good. The bad is the surgeon stated there is alot of damage to the soft tissue of the foot which doesnt leave me to optimistic at this time. Time will tell. I may get out of here tomorrow or thursday. Thats it for todays update. Thanks everyone for their well wishes.

Oh shit this sucks. Just went to the batroom and the pain of the blood and pressure rushing to the foot brougt me to tears. Never have I cried from pain since I was a kid and I have beat the hell out of this body. No pressure on the foot itself , just everything rushing into it. There no way to prepare for it either. I try lowing my foot off and on for about 15 mins on the side of the bed before I know I have to get up but doesnt seem to help. The area where they removed skin from my leg to help close the wound burns like a summmabitch which isnt helping. Hopefully that heals fast.

Oh shit this sucks. Just went to the batroom and the pain of the blood and pressure rushing to the foot brougt me to tears. Never have I cried from pain since I was a kid and I have beat the hell out of this body. No pressure on the foot itself , just everything rushing into it. There no way to prepare for it either. I try lowing my foot off and on for about 15 mins on the side of the bed before I know I have to get up but doesnt seem to help. The area where they removed skin from my leg to help close the wound burns like a summmabitch which isnt helping. Hopefully that heals fast.

I don't care where you live man, if you need help with anything feel free to let me know. Sam's club runs, etc...something for the family, even though we don't "know" each other, I'd gladly help out. It's been 15yrs since my back injury but I know how hard it is to be in your shoes.....and it was just me and the wife back then. I couldn't imagine 3 kids and a house, etc....

You have PM.

Guest tbutera2112
Well I got a shower and a shave today which felt great, and decided to weigh myself. Even with the bulky boot on of gauze and wrapping, I have already lost 22lbs.

damn...someone drop a cement slab on my foot

Thought I would update. Pain varies from bearable at times to I am ripping this cast off right now because the swelling is killing me. Never really goes away. Probably the pain medicine, but I feel nauseas almost all day. Go back in this tuesday and they will open it all up and look at everythiing. As you can tell by my nightly posting, I dont sleep for very long when I am able to fall asleep. I find myself almost praying a times this had never happened. Its overwhelming at times. I feel parched most times and will be switching to maybe gatorade to help keep my electrolites up. Will update this tuesday after the dr tells me whats up.