Track question

Snowflake

Always. IMO if anyone were to ever say anything bad about someone either in learning mode or running slow, etc....I'd find someone bigger than me to bitch slap them :o:D

No seriously, you'll see all kinds of stuff at the track. Perhaps more faster cars with the group here as there are some sweet rides, but who gives a.....just go have some fun and see what you can do. I bet you improve loads after just a few passes.

My first run with my 97 GTP back in the day of having her new was like 15.4's. By the end of the second week out I pulled a 14.667. No difference other than my dumb ass never having been out there figuring out what to do other than putting my foot down all at once.

I had more fun that first time than I do now....and I'm still not very good, but hey....it's about the experience. Driver makes a big difference, especially with practice. A guy in Indy went from 13.8's in his MS3 with just an intake and motor mounts to 13.5's then to 13.07 @ 107mph with the addition of drag radials and lots of practice. It's a sweet run of improvements that I could only hope to make in this little four-banger.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Guest tbutera2112

ill be running an f150...so yes

on top of that, ive never been down the strip so ill be running even slower than the truck is capable of... maybe by the end of the day ill get used to what im doing and i can click off a nice run

Guest Removed

will your car be done? if so we should take it and not break your truck that you have to drive !

but lets not launch @5500 dropping the clutch and breaking the rearend again!

ill be running an f150...so yes

on top of that, ive never been down the strip so ill be running even slower than the truck is capable of... maybe by the end of the day ill get used to what im doing and i can click off a nice run

I thought you made it half way down and blowed up your rearend?

Guest tbutera2112
will your car be done? if so we should take it and not break your truck that you have to drive !

but lets not launch @5500 dropping the clutch and breaking the rearend again!

dont wanna take the car, if its done its staying at home...wanna get used to what im doing in an auto first so i can pay more attention to staging and trying to figure out how to actually make a pass lol

and i wont be launching the truck at all, not even a little bit

i will be leaving off idle since its my DD and im not really worried about getting good times, just want some practice learning what im doing

Guest tbutera2112
I thought you made it half way down and blowed up your rearend?

i broke off the line and it took a couple hundred feet before i gave up...launched, heard bad noise, put clutch in...debated with my gf who was in the car whether or not it sounded as bad as i thought it did (while still rolling)...tried to go and it clunked hard...but it was still driving a little bit...i tried to gimp it back around and it just wouldnt do it... it would drive like 10 feet then grind for about 5 seconds then go a few more feet...rinse and repeat

glad the spider gears still had a few teeth in them, thats the only way i got it into the garage...it didnt sound pretty though

scott later informed me that if it sounds broken im supposed to stop, not try and make it back around to the parking lot....but i didnt know that in advance lol was my first time at the track

Guest Removed
dont wanna take the car, if its done its staying at home...wanna get used to what im doing in an auto first so i can pay more attention to staging and trying to figure out how to actually make a pass lol

and i wont be launching the truck at all, not even a little bit

i will be leaving off idle since its my DD and im not really worried about getting good times, just want some practice learning what im doing

we shall take the super duty then...launch it , and i can teach you to load the converter and how to leave on the second yellow and so on :D

Guest tbutera2112
we shall take the super duty then...launch it , and i can teach you to load the converter and how to leave on the second yellow and so on :D

did you buy a spot? if so ill ride with you a few times and get the hang of it

will is gonna let me run my dads car, but i wont be launching it either since its not mine lol

Guest Removed

no i was just going out to watch and help. we can either use your truck or mine dont matter. if you want ill take you for a pass in your truck and guide you threw the process of staging and what not.

remember, drive around the water box. i wouldnt even do a burn out. and do soft launchs

Guest tbutera2112
no i was just going out to watch and help. we can either use your truck or mine dont matter. if you want ill take you for a pass in your truck and guide you threw the process of staging and what not.

remember, drive around the water box. i wouldnt even do a burn out. and do soft launchs

ok ill let you take me in my truck so we dont have to buy another spot

just dont launch it, its my only car, cant afford to fix it if it breaks...im semi hard on it on the freeway, im not worried about WOT, just dont wanna wheel hop it and break anything...it hops very easy