Callin all the VW guys. got questions about my DD

2Turboz

Heya all..

okie I have a 2003 Passat glx. its a V6 5spd car... think the body is a b5.5?..?

Anyhow, its my DD and im not real familier with VWs in general. Heres my problem...The car is nice, fully loaded with heated seats and mirrors and whatnot but its a turd...I actually have a hard time beliveing the 190 crank hp rating they claim on this 5valve motor.. Are there any Audi motors that swap in to this chassis?. does the passat share a chassis with an audi? I really would like to find another v6 with more power. the Turbo 4 would be cool but alot more trouble to swap in I think..Also what are some good VW forums where I can get some of these questions answered?

Sorry for all the questions but having had mostly all fast cars this ones kind of a let down..

Thanks

Tom

I have a 2000 Passat GLX V6 5-speed. Your 2003 is a B5.5, mine is a B5. We bought it brand new, and it's got 92k miles on it now.

The V6 is not about speed off the line, it's about smooothness. I also like the higher RPM power...it's got great highway acceleration, especially above 70mph. Also, a full load doesn't hurt the engine at all.

The downside is there are NO aftermarket parts for the 2.8L V6. I think PES makes a supercharger kit. Honestly, if you want to spend 5k+ to get another 100hp, there are better cars you can buy...

You COULD swap a 2.7L TT Audi v6 in it, but you'd still be sending a ton of power to the front wheels, unless you want to do an AWD powertrain swap...but by then you've got just waaaay too much in the car, IMO.

I have a 2000 Passat GLX V6 5-speed. Your 2003 is a B5.5, mine is a B5. We bought it brand new, and it's got 92k miles on it now.

The V6 is not about speed off the line, it's about smooothness. I also like the higher RPM power...it's got great highway acceleration, especially above 70mph. Also, a full load doesn't hurt the engine at all.

The downside is there are NO aftermarket parts for the 2.8L V6. I think PES makes a supercharger kit. Honestly, if you want to spend 5k+ to get another 100hp, there are better cars you can buy...

You COULD swap a 2.7L TT Audi v6 in it, but you'd still be sending a ton of power to the front wheels, unless you want to do an AWD powertrain swap...but by then you've got just waaaay too much in the car, IMO.

I agree with this.

A 2.7 + AWD would be sweet in there, but thats a lot of work. Would be better off just getting an S4/A6/Allroad 2.7. I believe they do make a supercharger for the 2.8.