2001 Z06 worth what?

nurkvinny

Ha. Let me rephrase the question. Any reason this car is not worth $17k? I have been looking for a LONG time. This car couldn't be touched for $25k last year or $29k the Summer before. I have been in discussions with the owner of this Z06. Everything checks out so far.

17 sounds good to me. Hard to believe you can get into a car like that for that price. I think the 01's had ring problems or something, not sure on that. I have been looking at zo6's and if the car is in good shape id give 17 for it.

17k sounds very reasonable. Hard to believe I just sold my 01 WS6 for 16k and for another grand you could buy this. Be sure to ask him how much oil he adds between oil changes. Some 01's could burn oil. I have been looking for an 02-04 Z for a while now. Actually looking into a 06 Z51,6speed also. The prices are coming down still. It does look clean from the picture.

Yep, I am familiar with the ring issue. It is something I can live with since I would only put a few thousand miles a year on one. I am waiting to hear back from the seller about a couple remaining questions. It just seems people are asking the same money for 2000-2001 non-Z06 Corvettes.

Ha. Let me rephrase the question. Any reason this car is not worth $17k? I have been looking for a LONG time. This car couldn't be touched for $25k last year or $29k the Summer before. I have been in discussions with the owner of this Z06. Everything checks out so far.

who's selling it?

The build date on this car was late June 2001, so the ring issue shouldn't be an issue I was just told. He's sending me a walk-around video of the car running here shortly. Anybody want to ride shotgun a few states south? :)

my 01 was 21k with 72k miles. the 01's have a lower value than the 02-04 since most people want the 405hp.

What were the 01's rated at for HP? I've heard 380, but is it that big of a difference?

The build date on this car was late June 2001, so the ring issue shouldn't be an issue I was just told. He's sending me a walk-around video of the car running here shortly. Anybody want to ride shotgun a few states south? :)

Ill drive it home for you if you buy it;)

But by all means that seems like a fair deal to me looks mint as hell in the pic

What were the 01's rated at for HP? I've heard 380, but is it that big of a difference?

385. bottom end is the same other than the new rings for 02'. the cam changed from a .525/.525 to a .550/.550 and got sodium filled exhaust valves. along with some tuning changes they went from the 385 to 405. the heads were unchanged but they installed stronger rod bolts.