I can't believe the bad luck we are having buying our new house!

Nitrousbird

Name of offending company please....

Chase

They are well aware that if they don't close on Tuesday, we will NOT be paying the fees. We also have all the documentation leading up to this showing that everything was in order, even the E-mail on Tuesday telling us everything is good to go. This was a total screw up on their part, and totally screwing us.

Edited by V8 Beast
thread cleanup

My wife is starting to call other mortgage companies at this point as well. I have a funny feeling this will end up with some legal action from us on this........

PM Clay.......I believe his wife does real estate law of some type.

Good luck with the whole thing. The whole situation sucks. Would have been a perfect move in weekend too.

I don't know WTF to do now:

The bank now wants a 2-week extension. They want some condensed letter from our inspector, they want to send their inspector through the place, and seem to want it 100% habitable before we close. WTF...on a way underprice foreclosurer?

From what we are gathering, they just started working on our mortgage Wed. afternoon. They had two fucking months. When we try to get them to address the penalties, their response is to call the foreclosurer bank and see what they can do for us.

At this point, once we get all the documents in they want, then I am going to get ahold of our lawyer. They have admitted time and again it is there fault, it is 100% internal documentation, and they are fucking us over big time. Vacation, people from out of the country in, etc....we are getting screwed here. I am beyond pissed!!!!!!!

My wife is starting to call other mortgage companies at this point as well. I have a funny feeling this will end up with some legal action from us on this........

You need to be working with your attorney on this. My wife deals with these issues often. Most of the time on a short sale the banks will drag their feet.

Edited by RS69

No real update yet.

Contract expires at the end of the day, unless the selling bank allows for the paid-for extension. We should find out about that some time today.

Doesn't look like Chase is really giving a crap about getting this done today. They are asking about the extension. My wife made it VERY clear that we are not paying for any sort of extension as this was not our fault...that's basically how she ends every phone call with them.

2 months...two fucking months they had to deal with this. They 100% lied to us with documentation of the lie! Now we are bending over backwards for them (I sent another requested document from our inspector this morning we were able to obtain over the weekend).

I would not recommend Chase for a mortgage to anyone. They are honestly confused when we are paying more for the house than the asking price (foreclosurer that was underpriced on purpose). The house next door had the same thing happen...we found out they forclosed about the same time, and the people were pretty much best friends that lived in the places previously. We are getting the house for 50k less than what the auditor and Zillow say it is worth. We are getting it for 25k less than another house in the neighborhood that is for sale that is 1000 sq/ft smaller AND has .5 less acres (and isn't in a cul-de-sac like ours). I mean, the comps work out.

Frustration.

If you need my wife's services*, let me know. She can be a real bulldog at this sort of thing.

Also, my friend and neighbor helps run RF Berger and Assoc (real estate appraisal company). Could help out too if needed...

* as a REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY, sick fucks! :)

No real update yet.

Contract expires at the end of the day, unless the selling bank allows for the paid-for extension. We should find out about that some time today.

Doesn't look like Chase is really giving a crap about getting this done today. They are asking about the extension. My wife made it VERY clear that we are not paying for any sort of extension as this was not our fault...that's basically how she ends every phone call with them.

2 months...two fucking months they had to deal with this. They 100% lied to us with documentation of the lie! Now we are bending over backwards for them (I sent another requested document from our inspector this morning we were able to obtain over the weekend).

I would not recommend Chase for a mortgage to anyone. They are honestly confused when we are paying more for the house than the asking price (foreclosurer that was underpriced on purpose). The house next door had the same thing happen...we found out they forclosed about the same time, and the people were pretty much best friends that lived in the places previously. We are getting the house for 50k less than what the auditor and Zillow say it is worth. We are getting it for 25k less than another house in the neighborhood that is for sale that is 1000 sq/ft smaller AND has .5 less acres (and isn't in a cul-de-sac like ours). I mean, the comps work out.

Frustration.

We totally went through the same thing with local banks. We ended going with someone online. Didnt even care who. Give us a good rate... blah blah..... heres the house we want... who cares.... and it was over.

yeah, but the auditors/zillow dont matter for shit. its probably not recent, and the real bulk of the crash has been the last 2 years.

for example, my house appraised for 115,300 in aug 07. hud sale started at 75k. because i bid 78k, (over by 3k), the bank ordered an appraisal.

the appraisal HUD did 1/1/09 came in at 75k (hence the listing price), the appraiser that came in for the bank put it at 80k. figure thats a 30%+ drop in value

hopefully it works out. i cant say i had MAJOR issues with my banker (nothing near what you're talking about). he's with 5/3 at maxtown/rt3. let me know if you want his info.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I'm supposed to close on my house June 15th. I went with 5/3 and they have been awesome . I put in my application a week and a half ago and I will have final underwriter approval today. Which means I can close anytime afterward. I have until the 30th to close with the seller. The only way I could get fucked is if I don't close by the 15th I'll lose my 30 day lock on 4.25%.

5/3 works very quickly. I had all the docments they needed when I filled out my application ( I had been shopping around so I knew what I needed), appraisal within 24 hours, I had my inspection the next day, and now will have underwriters approval within a week and a half of app. Now I just have to write the big check :(

Sorry to hear about it. Are you working with a buyers agent? or are you trying to close on this house on your own? We are in the process of buying a house.. we decided to go with a buyers agent to avoid any complications like this even though we are looking mostly at forclosed houses. Good luck with everything.

I went through the same thing on my HUD. I ended up putting 10k into escrow the day before closing. Since the home had no carpet and a the bathroom was a mess, National City wanted to ensure that they wouldn't be underwater if I foreclosed before completing the work. They held the cash until I could prove that the work was completed which took about a month. It wasn't the ideal situation to have investment money tied up in a non interest generating account, but it ensured a timely closing.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I'm supposed to close on my house June 15th. I went with 5/3 and they have been awesome . I put in my application a week and a half ago and I will have final underwriter approval today. Which means I can close anytime afterward. I have until the 30th to close with the seller. The only way I could get fucked is if I don't close by the 15th I'll lose my 30 day lock on 4.25%.

5/3 works very quickly. I had all the docments they needed when I filled out my application ( I had been shopping around so I knew what I needed), appraisal within 24 hours, I had my inspection the next day, and now will have underwriters approval within a week and a half of app. Now I just have to write the big check :(

damn. and i was thrilled to lock in at 5.000% in january. check though, because i know my lock was for 60 days

I went through the same thing on my HUD. I ended up putting 10k into escrow the day before closing. Since the home had no carpet and a the bathroom was a mess, National City wanted to ensure that they wouldn't be underwater if I foreclosed before completing the work. They held the cash until I could prove that the work was completed which took about a month. It wasn't the ideal situation to have investment money tied up in a non interest generating account, but it ensured a timely closing.

same with me. i had to put in like 3400 (110% of estimates). 200 for a gas leak, 2000 for a/c, 250 for bathroom floor, and 425 for a few missing roof shingles

the roof was fixed while we were unloading the truck moving in...cost = $397 bathroom floor cost me ~$60 in new tiles/grout, which would have been done anyways, a/c was $1999, and the gas leak i paid before we moved in so we had heat while working on it...i actually had the funds released early this month and i got back almost a grand out of it.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=965178#post965178

There is the link to my consumer reports thread on this whole deal with Chase.

We closed last night @ 9PM. Luckily the title company has their shit together.

Will be working on the place all day today. We even went over there last night and put my boat in the garage and dragged tools/painting stuff over there. We are in for a heap of work now that we lost a weeks worth of time where we had help and vacation!

At least the house was a damn good deal, otherwise I would be even more pissed.

good to here. Joe I was set to close on April 10th. I still havent closed...its one of those things with bank owned homes...your on their time which sucks. MY paperwork finally got resigned off and we are set to close on June 15th...Glad I still have my condo,lol.

good to here. Joe I was set to close on April 10th. I still havent closed...its one of those things with bank owned homes...your on their time which sucks. MY paperwork finally got resigned off and we are set to close on June 15th...Glad I still have my condo,lol.

It's one thing if it is the selling bank...it's another if it is YOUR mortgage company that delayed out of sheer screwing off.

Sorry to hear you haven't closed yet. :(

Pics of new house?

Give me a week or two. It's a mess right now...needs lots of paint, and some flooring.

I swear to god the carpet looked like the animals there only took a piss on it, and no where else. Yanking all of it out made the house smell 100x better. The people there lived dirty...this house is proof that income != how cleanly you live!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=965178#post965178

There is the link to my consumer reports thread on this whole deal with Chase.

We closed last night @ 9PM. Luckily the title company has their shit together.

Will be working on the place all day today. We even went over there last night and put my boat in the garage and dragged tools/painting stuff over there. We are in for a heap of work now that we lost a weeks worth of time where we had help and vacation!

At least the house was a damn good deal, otherwise I would be even more pissed.

It is good things worked out, welcome to Delaware county. My wife had a time on our rental with Washington Mutual.