LT1 cars looking for tunes. Please Chime in.

DTM Brian

I will want mine done probably late summer to the fall - assuming everything else falls into place, which doesn't seem to be happening, but I already have all the software (LT1_Edit and Tunercat, plus Datamaster EE Beta Full).

I will be glad to give you hand with it when you are ready.

Brian or anyone else for that matter, I bought a chip burner if you needed to burn a chip for the OBD1 cars. When I was looking for one a while ago no one around even had one.

OBDI is not a chip... it's flashing just like OBDII

Can you tune a 96 LT1?

Like Brian said, it looks like there is enough interest to justify the cost. I already have the stuff to tune 94 and 95 OBD1's. The 93 does require some sort of chip burning capability just like the old 3rd gen Fbods. That software/hardware for the 93 and older cars is not very expensive...it is very old and primitive from what I've read and I've only had 2 inquiries of 93 and older Fbods in 3 years.

Brian, lets touch base on the phone within the next day or two and get this squared away.

Guest Removed
OBDI is not a chip... it's flashing just like OBDII

that will depend on the car itself..not all obd-1 system's can be flashed!

now with the gm in that year range , yes they have to be flashed. gm was playing with flash ecu's before they where mandated for the 96 model year. they started playing with it and early as 91. is some makes of chevy's and most geo's.

Joe (Nitrousbird) knows I've had a shitty time for over a year with my Vette. It's got a nasty hot-temp ignition retard, almost like a false knock. I've got his LT4 knock module in my PCM and it helps. If I get on it at operating temperature, it ratchets back the power...

I'm going to replace a couple of broken exhaust manifold studs one of these days, then I may bring it by for a tune, maybe O2 sensor delete???

what type of price range are we looking at to tune a 93? I have some wicked exhaust leaks I need to take care of, but then I could definitely use a tune.

The short answer to your question is that I don't have anything to tune Pre-94 cars. If I did have that equipment, it would cost $400. Anyone who can tune 3rd Gens should be able to also tune your 93 Camaro/TA with the same equipment if I understand correctly.