Best way to get tree sap off of paint?

Nitrousbird

I have tree sap all over my Avalanche...parked it in the wrong place. Paint hasn't exactly been waxed any time recently, which I am sure makes matters even worse. :( It is hardened tree sap that doesn't want to come off without a fight.

There are far more experienced people here than me, but I'll throw in my $01.

I had various crap all over the GTO when I got it. The cheapo bottle of Turtle Wax bug and tar remover did wonders, but was pretty much a must to wax afterwards...

Worked for me.

There are far more experienced people here than me, but I'll throw in my $01.

I had various crap all over the GTO when I got it. The cheapo bottle of Turtle Wax bug and tar remover did wonders, but was pretty much a must to wax afterwards...

Worked for me.

+1

Isopropyl alcohol from the cosmetic section of the grocery store is just as effective and cheaper than bug and tar remover. Put on a rag and let the rag sit over the spots for 10-30 seconds and then aggitate if the tar isn't already dissolved.

Doing it in the warm sun helps too as previously stated.

No vigorous rubbing.

Wax when you're done.

I will try the alcohol...have a bottle sitting here!

Tommy, I'd love to take the truck in to one of the CR 3 detailers, but $$ is a bit tight with all of the other things I need to purchase right now. The truck DOES need attention!