Might buy a GPS, what brand/model is good?

Billiumss

I was thinking of buying a GPS for the truck and with so many of them its hard to pick.

I know of - Tom Tom, Garmin, Magellan

Bigger the screen the better. I'd like to update it and have a decent battery life.

In the recent Best Buy ad, the Magellan Roadmate 1470 looks like a nice unit.

What are you guys using and what brand/model would you recommend?

Bill

i have an in dash unit. its a kenwood but its pretty expensive. my business partner has a garmin and it seams to do pretty good. we had a tom tom and it didnt find as many locations as a garmin.

You said a few things that don't go together. Bigger the screen, more the power drain.

I have a very early on TomTom. The battery life is awesome=small screen.

I have used a Garmin and didn't like the onscreen functions as much as the TomTom.

I also use my BB Storm with google maps and that works too but isn't always accurate with my position.

Garmin brand is awesome. I've been to their facility while traveling on business and can say they really are a cool group. They backed my $1k 2620 that I've had for 4 years now with warranty for 5yrs do to an early issue I had with it. Customer service is great.

Unit wise, I still use it on long trips, but if you're looking to use something just around town, I love my BB8800 and the AT&T service that's like $10mo. Well worth it. Accurate as my Garmin, always with me, small and is always up to date.