which wireless router to get for xbox

Big A

Need a new router. Right now i have a netgear and i cant get the NAT to be fully open so there are some people i cant play xbox live with. I am moving out and i am going to leave that one here at the house so i want one i can just plug in and not have to change any of the setting or anything with. So what kind do you guys have/suggest. The cheaper the better. Thanks Edited by Big A

I have the linksys router. But i do have one of those extreme game routers that i dont use. I will have to see what it is and get back with ya. Its called game fuel or something like that, it is a very exspensive one. I could sale that one to you if you would like.

depends what you wanna spend. i recommend a 'N' rated router... or atleast a 'G'. my preference is netgear but someone else can chime in.

Did you have to go in and change the settings to the the NAT open?

I have the linksys router. But i do have one of those extreme game routers that i dont use. I will have to see what it is and get back with ya. Its called game fuel or something like that, it is a very exspensive one. I could sale that one to you if you would like.

LMK about the router and price.

Yea, and I don't think they support 802.11n yet. So just go find a G MIMO router and you should be good. Don't go cheap, usually cheaper they are the less antennas the more issues especially if your gaming.

Thanks guys ill look into it. i have 75 in G/C to bestbuy and was hoping to get it for that or under. Ill have to stop by there and check it out. And i am not sure if i am going to use the wireless or not. it depends on if i have issues with it or not.

well if you need a wireless adapter for the Xbox then you may come up short. Check ebay for the stuff you can't get with that 75$

I already picked up the wireless adapter from a friend so that was pretty much free. I am going to try the wireless way but if it fucks up than ill just plug it in.

I think I have a Belkin "N" but the only grip I have is the .NAT settings need opened

I have the same issue with my netgear, only i cant get mine open. I changed the settings as there was a video on here of how to do it and it still isnt fully open.

Some things to remember when implementing Wireless. N isn't a standard yet, it is a 2.0 beta and thus doesn't work with much. Most people running N are actually just running a 2x2 spacial streaming G. G isn't a good band for residential wireless because everyone has embraced this ISM band. Thus, microwave ovens, baby monitors, wireless phones, bluetooth, all use the same frequencies and 802.11G only has 3 channels to use as a way to avoid congestion.

Ignorant people have downplayed 802.11a for years saying it is inferior but suffers almost none of the interference that g does, and has 13 channels. I guess the higher the letter, the better, right? Take a look at the SSIDs you see in the air around you and put your new 802.11g on a different channel.

Well i ended up getting a d-link N

Yea, and I don't think they support 802.11n yet. So just go find a G MIMO router and you should be good. Don't go cheap, usually cheaper they are the less antennas the more issues especially if your gaming.

they do make wireless adps that do support N. they are not xbox it is a 3rd party that makes them FYI