Why shouldn't I get an IPhone

Trouble Maker

Someone convince me before I buy one. I want a smart phone but I don't see anything out there that is as easy and can do as much as the IPhone does. I love Verizon and I get a decent discount, but that's not enough anymore. I kind of want to wait for an Android phone to come out on Verizon, but I'm thinking realistically that will be a year plus, then you will have to hack it to make it capable because Verizon will lock everything out. I'm not waiting for some phone to come out that only exist in someones mind right now.

Uhh, have you even looked at any other phones? I've had a BB Curve and currently have a WinMo Samsung Epix; I'm finding difficulty realizing what an iPhone has that a Windows Mobile phone or even a BB can not do.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know when the iphone can do what a several year old Windows Mobile phone can do.

Kthankxbye.

Want to be a little more specific? I'm no apple fan boy, though obviously I do like the IPhone which is why I'm considering getting it. So like my thread title says, why shouldn't I get it?

Don't get an iPhone just yet.. the new 3G(S) is coming out the 19th of this month with a video camera, as well as being quite a bit faster.

Yup I knew that which is what spurred further thoughts. Though the $99 current phone is pretty tempting.

Ok, the base capabilities and functions of all of the smart phones are very similar and I think it's personal preference at that point. But what you can actually do with the phone, the usability, or any computer, has a lot to do with the applications you can get for it. You can get a lot more apps for the IPhone than any other phone, and much easier too. Just about everything else it seems like you have to hack to get it to do what you want it to do anyways.

What features will youi use most? What are the ones that the iPhone has that others don't which you would like to have?

I am seriously considering one just because I like they interface and way they function, but I've yet to really look at how easy it is to sync and work with my MS Outlook, etc....

For me the things I don't like but perhaps would get used to is the keyboard. I'm so used to my Blackberry 8800 there would be a learning curve to adjust for sure.

The other is the lack of voice navigation. I could care less about the screen as I usually just set mine in a cup holder and listen and follow the spoken directions. That's the key application I want as I travel quite a bit and even locally need to find some obscure stuff.

Uhh, have you even looked at any other phones? I've had a BB Curve and currently have a WinMo Samsung Epix; I'm finding difficulty realizing what an iPhone has that a Windows Mobile phone or even a BB can not do.

It's easy

the iphone does Calendar Better

the iphone does MAIL WAY BETTER.

the iphone does interface better

the iphone webbrowser Is fucking the shit if you surf mobile. I do.

the iphone can play NES games

the iphone can play Genisis games

the iphone can stream youtube

the iphone's GPS is nice. if your jailbroken GPSx gives you free turn by turn

the iphone can stream movies from you pc at your house over 3g. "BTW this is a non jailbroken app"

t

I've played with the guys at works BB storms. they thought they were the shit when they got them ohhh your iphone sucks. Now they complain about sluggish interfaces or other random shit.

previous phones

ppc 6700 and mogul

Mogul was hacked to run andriod so i could play with it.

I like WM6 > BB but I prefer the iphone interface

It's easy

the iphone can stream movies from you pc at your house over 3g. "BTW this is a non jailbroken app"

t

I've played with the guys at works BB storms. they thought they were the shit when they got them ohhh your iphone sucks. Now they complain about sluggish interfaces or other random shit.

previous phones

ppc 6700 and mogul

Mogul was hacked to run andriod so i could play with it.

I like WM6 > BB but I prefer the iphone interface

You have failed. You have mentioned all subjective things. For instance, I like Outlook and most Windows apps. WinMo is super moddable as well. Not to mention, everything you stated, WinMo is capable of. Also, I prefer my interface over the iPhone:

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com

It's easy

:nono:

The iphone calender is very good (IMO) but thats up for debate and is a matter of opinion.

BB is light years ahead of all phones in the mail department and have the info to back it up. This is why the curve is the number one selling phone and the iphone is second.

Interface better in some ways, but it has its issues.

The web browser doesnt impress me anymore than any other data phone. Cant tell a difference at all honestly.

I downloaded all kinds of old nes games I stumbled upon on my lame LG phone. NES and Genesis games are so prehistoric you can download them on many phones today. Thats almost as bad as saying I can play pacman on my phone and you cant.

I was on youtube on a blackberry last week.

The Storm does have turn by turn directions for free... oh and a software update has been released that may result in me finally buying one. Have to run a few more tests, but so far so good.

People were streaming movies from their pc to data phones over 2 years ago. Thats old news.

If you want to promote the iphone focus on the fact that they are releasing apps that will give you the exact location of the phone when its lost. You will also be able to wipe the memory remotely and sound an alarm in the phone. I think thats a pretty good idea.

Iphone can plug into my car and use my HU to control all my music.

Iphone can plug into my car and use my HU to control all my music.

who needs downloaded music when pandora streams seamlessly and sounds great out of my 50 dollar curve. Only thing i might switch for if the palm pre, but the price is a little high.

I love my G1...i have had it for probably 4 months (or around when they came out?) with no major complaints. It also seems to be getting the best ratings and thought to be the best phone on the market according to many consumer guides. It has LOTS of apps just like the Iphone and updates as well. i just had an update last week that added a video camera and many other things. You should definitely stop in to a T-mobile store and check one out

http://www.t-mobileg1.com/

I love my G1...i have had it for probably 4 months (or around when they came out?) with no major complaints. It also seems to be getting the best ratings and thought to be the best phone on the market according to many consumer guides. It has LOTS of apps just like the Iphone and updates as well. i just had an update last week that added a video camera and many other things. You should definitely stop in to a T-mobile store and check one out

http://www.t-mobileg1.com/

Yeah I've had my G1 since last fall, I love it

Yeah I've had my G1 since last fall, I love it

its flippin awesome....i had the blackberry flip for a little bit then got this when i came back to ohio around the end of january. i kind of want the white one now though lol

What features will youi use most? What are the ones that the iPhone has that others don't which you would like to have?

I am seriously considering one just because I like they interface and way they function, but I've yet to really look at how easy it is to sync and work with my MS Outlook, etc....

For me the things I don't like but perhaps would get used to is the keyboard. I'm so used to my Blackberry 8800 there would be a learning curve to adjust for sure.

The other is the lack of voice navigation. I could care less about the screen as I usually just set mine in a cup holder and listen and follow the spoken directions. That's the key application I want as I travel quite a bit and even locally need to find some obscure stuff.

I sync my iphone to my outlook about once a week, as far as calendars go. All of my contacts that were in my phone were put in my outlook contacts as well.

To sync it, you plug it in, open Itunes, it does the rest.

(oh and for those wondering about the "period/pregnancy" apps, i use them and no you cant use it for more than one girl. :p

My phone connects via Bluetooth to my HU. :cool:

I havnet figured this out, but for some reason there are not many HU out right now that have the bluetooth that actually works right for the bluetooth iphone stuff.

JVC supposedly had something coming out, but i havent heard or seen anything on their site since march, about it.

Wait for Android!

The Iphone is a fine phone, but you have a lot more freedom on Android. Android already has copy/paste, MMS, and all the things that the new 3.0 will have. BUT you still cant run multiple apps at once on the Iphone like with Android, which has a Task Manager. Also Flash is coming to Android, Symbian and the new Palm phone, but not on the Iphone. Being able to use micro-sd cards is a HUGE advantage as well.

If the app is on the Iphone, it more than likely is on Android as well, if not, just wait a bit. Developers are doing GREAT things with Android because its open source. I don't think you can use Exchange Server on the Iphone either, there are multiple Exchange apps for android.

Read this: http://techubiquitous.blogspot.com/

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aIUge9tmXpc/SiDOBaKTEJI/AAAAAAAAACg/EWWzIz_yAMo/s1600/PhoneWars.jpg

BTW, there is an app on android that allows P2P Bluetooth

the GF has an itouch. She dumped her BB and got a regular phone. No internet, email, or anything(saving alot of $ a month, and you arnt roped into paying outragious fees for a smart phone for 2years) Then anytime she needs the web, email, mp3, book apps, etc, she whips out her itouch.

keep in mind she is at osu4/5 days a week with wifi everywhere.....(which is the only way the itouch get online). but unless you NEED the internet all the time everywhere, itouch is cheaper option.

its all about need vs want