Why shouldn't I get an IPhone

Trouble Maker

I like the way iphone handles lots of mail accounts personally.

Anyone who's surfed the web on a iphone will tell you the BB anit got shit on it. The browser can render full HTML and Javascript. This feature has allowed us to interface it with visodence's interface.

Again you have to actually be a person who surfs from there phone to know the massive amount of changes the iphone browser has over 99% of the mobile ones. Opera mobile does a good job but still anit as nice imho.

When I say nes games I mean install a emulator and play them.

Or Quake

or Wolfenstien

or doom

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

btw lookup the g1 and how its locked down. kinda lame to build your thing on a opensource OS but lock it down.

Locked down? You are talking about "ROOT". Its there for security. You can root your phone and do whatever the hell you want, including overclocking etc. Developer phones come "rooted"

Wait for Android!

The Iphone is a fine phone, but you have a lot more freedom on Android. Android already has copy/paste, MMS, and all the things that the new 3.0 will have. BUT you still cant run multiple apps at once on the Iphone like with Android, which has a Task Manager. Also Flash is coming to Android, Symbian and the new Palm phone, but not on the Iphone. Being able to use micro-sd cards is a HUGE advantage as well.

If the app is on the Iphone, it more than likely is on Android as well, if not, just wait a bit. Developers are doing GREAT things with Android because its open source. I don't think you can use Exchange Server on the Iphone either, there are multiple Exchange apps for android.

Read this: http://techubiquitous.blogspot.com/

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aIUge9tmXpc/SiDOBaKTEJI/AAAAAAAAACg/EWWzIz_yAMo/s1600/PhoneWars.jpg

BTW, there is an app on android that allows P2P Bluetooth

The G1 already has Android.......:cool:

With as easy as the emailing is, I would just get the lowest text plan. That's what my friend Mike does and I email him knowing to stay off the text on his plan.

Over all, yeah, I fucking love my iPhone. I have driven Over 4000 miles for work and road trips since I pick up the iPhone. Not once did I go online to check my route. It works how I want it to and thats great for me. Now if I could just get ATT to have better security on their account access.

Reason NOT to buy one? Monthly service. All decked out you are going to be paying 150. I think low end you will still be around 100/mo.

And this is why I still have a basic phone with a basic plan. $40 a month FTW... :nod:

Right, but he wants it on Verizon, which he will have to wait for.

lame.....I switched to T-mobile from Verizon and am not looking back. They are by far the best provider i have had since owning a cell phone and their customer service is top notch. The service in some areas could be better, but it doesnt drop calls often. IMO they also have some of the best phones on the market with the G1 being the best.

plus with Verizon having minimal apps for their phones and then having to pay for most of them sucks too. The Android market is still fairly new and is booming with new apps and updates everyday and most are free. I absolutely love my phone and have very few complaints. Oh and T-mobile can work out a new plan for you with no deposit unlike any other provider out there ;)

oh and the fave 5 is pretty cool too....it saves me a good amount of money since i pretty much just text everyone else

Here's the secret verizon won't just say

Htc touch, htc diamond, or the omnia. Shhhhhh you didn't hear this from me. They all shit on the storm, and hang neck to neck with the iphone. Shhhh though

lame.....I switched to T-mobile from Verizon and am not looking back. They are by far the best provider i have had since owning a cell phone and their customer service is top notch. The service in some areas could be better, but it doesnt drop calls often. IMO they also have some of the best phones on the market with the G1 being the best.

plus with Verizon having minimal apps for their phones and then having to pay for most of them sucks too. The Android market is still fairly new and is booming with new apps and updates everyday and most are free. I absolutely love my phone and have very few complaints. Oh and T-mobile can work out a new plan for you with no deposit unlike any other provider out there ;)

oh and the fave 5 is pretty cool too....it saves me a good amount of money since i pretty much just text everyone else

+1, plus unlimited calling for 49.99 a month...pretty sweet

Here's the secret verizon won't just say

Htc touch, htc diamond, or the omnia. Shhhhhh you didn't hear this from me. They all shit on the storm, and hang neck to neck with the iphone. Shhhh though

yeah but still fall far behind the Android market and G1 (which is HTC's best phone btw) ;)

I <3 my HTC xv6800. I won't be replacing it until the HTC Touch Pro2 is released later this year (Hopefully with WinMo7!).

FREE turn by turn navigation, simple to sync, can backup my ENTIRE PHONE (including SD card) for free OTA, tons of free apps, etc.

But I'll be honest and say the iPhone does sway me a little.

Wait for Android!

I would if there were any definite dates for Verizon to get an Android phone. AFAIK there isn't even a rumor about a date or phone for Verizon. That tells me it's going to be a long time until they get an Android phone. That's not OK. I could probably get an IPhone now, then go back to Verizon for an Android phone when my contract is up and they finally release one in 2 years. Then you would still have to hack out the Verizon UI to be able to take advantage of any of it's capabilities. I don't mind tinkering, but frankly with a phone, I just want it to work.

I would if there were any definite dates for Verizon to get an Android phone. AFAIK there isn't even a rumor about a date or phone for Verizon. That tells me it's going to be a long time until they get an Android phone. That's not OK. I could probably get an IPhone now, then go back to Verizon for an Android phone when my contract is up and they finally release one in 2 years. Then you would still have to hack out the Verizon UI to be able to take advantage of any of it's capabilities. I don't mind tinkering, but frankly with a phone, I just want it to work.

ARE YOU MISSING THE POINT????? THE G1 HAS ANDROID AND DOES EVERYTHING THE IPHONE DOES PLUS SOME!!!!

damn you Apple nutswingers are killing me....yes i like the Iphone, but am more than content with my G1. I am just suggesting some of you to take a look at one before you jump on the band wagon

I used the bash my friend's iPhone all the time. ("Go ahead and copy/paste that into an MMS and send it over to me.") I have an HTC XV6800 with Verizon, and I'm very satisfied with it, but he kept showing me all the cool stuff it could do, and I ended up getting one on his family plan so I didn't have to pay for a full plan. It is definitely an awesome phone, but I can't depend on it completely. It can't do the synchronization OTA of my Hotmail contacts, nor sync with the Outlook running Outlook Connector. Also, the AT&T coverage is just not up to par with Verizon, nor the data speeds. So if you don't depend on Windows Live as much as I do, or don't do a lot of business intensive stuff that a Blackberry or Windows Mobile phone can handle better, then go for the iPhone. It can do a lot of things a Windows Mobile phone can't, but there are still some very basic things it still can't do (until the OS 3.0 update).

So I basically have 2 phones, one for business, one for pleasure.

I dislike verizon. I hate their customer service, and they use CDMA. Their phone selection is pretty crappy too I think. If you are with a provider that uses sim cards you can use any phone you want, given that it uses a sim card and isnt locked to a network. So if you arent happy with any of the available phones on the network...you buy one somewhere else. So switching to AT&T or T-Mobile is something I recommend.

Second of all, the G1 is such a terrific phone. I dont think I can ever have another touch screen phone that doesnt have a hardware qwerty keyboard. The touchscreen keyboard works fine for quick message, searches etc, but when you are typing a lengthy sentence or more, a hardware keyboard is a must.

So if you want an android now, I dont see why you shouldnt switch to t-mobile and get the G1. I never have network problems at all, customer service is top. Now they dont have 3G in columbus yet, but the difference between edge and 3g is hardly noticeable anyway. Thats my opinion.

BUT

http://phandroid.com/2009/05/28/verizon-android-phones-are-officially-coming/

but the difference between edge and 3g is hardly noticeable anyway. Thats my opinion.

I think its cool that there is alot of disccusion about the different phones out there in this field of phones, but THAT is completely silly.

There is a HUGE difference in speeds between 3G and the Edge network.

My phone is a slug when its stuck on an edge network.

ill upload an image shortly of comparisons, i have done on my phone.

I think its cool that there is alot of disccusion about the different phones out there in this field of phones, but THAT is completely silly.

There is a HUGE difference in speeds between 3G and the Edge network.

My phone is a slug when its stuck on an edge network.

ill upload an image shortly of comparisons, i have done on my phone.

Meh...the difference in speed from 3G->Wifi is a big difference, like 10 times faster, EDGE -> 3G is like 2X faster. When I compared EDGE vs 3G on my phone it was noticeably faster, but nothing to write home about.

Maybe if I transferred larger files more often it will be a bigger deal to me, but right now its not.