New to this...

n3f4r10u5

I just joined in here, and was curious as to some cheap ways to speed up my 1995 S-10. Now I realize that you get what you pay for so I'm not under any impression that this is going to make her a 5 sec car, or anything near it. Just the little things, I've changed the oil, air filter, fuel filter, starter, and fuel pump within the last 6 months. The air filter and oil change was about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks,

-Rob

No sense in wasting money trying to make it any faster. It won't ever be worth the investment.

Keeping up on routine maintenence like you are doing is all you should do to keep it your daily driver.

Buy something else for a toy.

same thing could be said for your vw one good pothole and the entire front subframe needs replaced :)

depending on how far you want to go and if you have another car to drive they make swap kits to drop any number of v8 motors in there

try pming dan 1badv8dime on here or will 614streets they both have pretty nasty s-10's

The question is your S10 a daily driver, if you have another vehicle, the best bang is to drop a V8 in it. If that is not possible at this time, do the exhaust, cai and swap the rear end gears if it is not at least a 3:73.

same thing could be said for your vw one good pothole and the entire front subframe needs replaced :)

I haven't heard of anyone needing a new subframe on the MKV cars. Care to explain? or were you simply generalizing because of a past VW?

I haven't heard of anyone needing a new subframe on the MKV cars. Care to explain? or were you simply generalizing because of a past VW?

I align about 5vw's of varying types during the week (we have several body shop accounts) I have yet to see one thats been in even a minor collison not tweak out the front end so bad that it didn't need either pulled on a frame rack or the whole front subframe replaced sure you can shif it all around and equalize the totals and then set the toe but its still fucked

so you can say an s-10 is a bad platform, but its easy to work on its fairly robust you can put any rwd engine and transmision combo made by the general in it with ease

so yeah stock for stock that fwd frame bending piece of shit you drive will hoe it.... hard ,but with a little work call it sweat equity if you want you can pick up a 1500 dollar truck with a blown motor a $500 craiglist special small block a $300 swap kit and some spray $500 and that same s-10 eats you alive for less than one years worth of your car payments

explained good enough? and hell i don't even like chebby's all that much

my point here is don't talk too much shit every car has it good and bad spots its minimizing the bad and capatalizing on the good that gets you to the end in front of the other guy

so yeah stock for stock that fwd frame bending piece of shit

Uncalled for. Comparing a truck to a economy car...doesn't really work that way.

I have noticed that people who say euro cars are pieces of shit because they are hard to work on, always breaking etc usually don't know what the hell they are doing and needs to stay far away from any of my vehicles.

Well I'd have to agree that regular maintnence would be your best route. Next time you need to change your air filter get a CAI. Keep it clean & stock. When you have the money, get somthing else as a toy. Suck to hear about the wedding though, good luck!

If you're looking per say for some added power, a nice K&N CAI, and a simple exhaust will help out. An over looked thing also, is changing over to full synthetic fluids, plugs, wires, and an all around tune up. This should atleast help out a little bit on the power side, but also on the fuel economy aswell. No shame in adding a little power for fuel economy.

Guest Removed
alot of 350 parts go right into the 4.3. or super charge it, spray...cia exhuast for some hp, but dont expect much from just that alone. gears....or the good old v-8 swap of your choice...either a 350 sb, or a lsx motor...

Uncalled for. Comparing a truck to a economy car...doesn't really work that way.

I have noticed that people who say euro cars are pieces of shit because they are hard to work on, always breaking etc usually don't know what the hell they are doing and needs to stay far away from any of my vehicles.

not any harder to work on than anything else if you have the right tools