What's Up

matty2431

time for a grande latte enema from starbucks?? we welcome all enthusiasts on this site. too bad you won't get a chance to see the taillights of my inefficient 700hp 4.6 liter. remind us how expensive upkeep is when the $20k transmission in your GTR decides to take a shit on you. other than that, nice collection of cars.

Yes I like the above statement. I do think your GT-R is badass, however you are off on the American car upkeep statement. My M3 BMW was the costliest car I ever owned. My Corvettes, and Stangs only cost me what I want them too. Then again we all have different luck with different things.

Welcome

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you don't want to call it one doesn't mean it isn't.

Why are you getting so butt hurt about it not being a traditional manual? The new dual clutch automated manuals are fantastic and very efficient, very fast and easy to extract excellent results from. There is no explanation needed for owning a car with one. They are great, but in the end, an auto.

And they like to go BOOM when you treat them in such a manner to get the manufacturers claimed performance times :)

I just think it falls in the grey area between manual and auto... which it really does. It has clutch plates does it not?

I caught a lot of flack for buying the auto, but its been years since I have drove a stick (last stick was an 89 porsche 944 turbo) and with a 80k car, I'd rather not be replacing the clutch while trying to relearn how to get into first gear or how to stick hills.

I guess the vette never cost me anything other than extra things ($750/ tire is ridiculous). The only problem I ever had was a mouse stuck in the heater fan, which apparently is not covered by any warranty.

I guess an auto to me is something you stick in drive and put both hands on the wheel worry free. I like to have a little more control over the car than that, hence, the paddle shifters are perfect. But by definition, since I am not engaging the clutch myself, I hear your argument as valid.

The vette was really the only american car I've ever owned really (89 944 as a first car present, 03 vette as graduation present, 08 GT-R as college graduation present although I have to make the payments -03 vette, and the 09 lancer is all me). Like I said before, the stereotype of american cars I have comes from my immediate group of friends who basically have stock camaros/ stangs/ vettes and think their cars are kings of the road. Meanwhile, while I know my GT-R is slick, I in no way think its king shit of columbus. I'm sure one of wexner's ferrari's or lambo's would waste it, and I'm sure there are a couple CR wheels that would tread all over it.

Welcome - but one thing I've learned is that no matter what you got, someone either has something faster than you for less money or they have more money than you to make it faster. Either way be happy with your shit and don't worry about no one else.

As for me, I race mini-vans cuz I know they won't beat me!

oh trust me I could give a flying fuck, hence why I could careless to race either car. I will rally the lancer just because I know it will be fun as fuck, and thats on personal joy alone. It's nothing against any of you guys, you all seem cool as shit, but it will probably be a couple of meets before I roll the R out. From what I saw at polaris a few weeks ago... not exactly the crowd you want to roll a car like that out to. When people can't handle/ appreciate the hunk of junk they have at these meets, how can I expect them to respect MY 80k baby? The cars and coffee is probably where it will make an appearance.

I love both of my cars to death. My last g/f broke up with me I swear because she was threatened by the R and how much attention I give it.

Welcome - but one thing I've learned is that no matter what you got, someone either has something faster than you for less money or they have more money than you to make it faster. Either way be happy with your shit and don't worry about no one else.

:nod: So wise, so young.

and if I may add to that: people > things

oh trust me I could give a flying fuck, hence why I could careless to race either car. I will rally the lancer just because I know it will be fun as fuck, and thats on personal joy alone. It's nothing against any of you guys, you all seem cool as shit, but it will probably be a couple of meets before I roll the R out. From what I saw at polaris a few weeks ago... not exactly the crowd you want to roll a car like that out to. When people can't handle/ appreciate the hunk of junk they have at these meets, how can I expect them to respect MY 80k baby? The cars and coffee is probably where it will make an appearance.

I love both of my cars to death. My last g/f broke up with me I swear because she was threatened by the R and how much attention I give it.

Two things here....All I will say is I hope I have misunderstood? Are you insulting the cars you have seen at the meets i.e. hunks of junk? Now some people cannot afford 80k. Is your car superior because it cost 80k? Like I said I hope I misunderstood? Now if you are talking about random horrible driving and acts of lunacy at a meet, well then I understand where you are coming from.

As for what you paid for it....yeah I don't think anyone cares? Other than the fact people bitch about a Corvette for 100k, yet noone ever posted that debate about an 80k glorified 240SX. OK I'm not going to bust your balls anymore, I don't have one, and my Vette is inferior. Just look forward to seeing it out sometime, badass car.

Oh and lookout, I think Kirk's Sentra has NAAS. After all it is a GXE model

Edited by Solo Vette
Edited for content, not suitable for all ages.

No im definitely talking about the bullshit of flying around the lot and not respecting other people's cars in the process (leaning on something thats not yours with a studded belt). God forbid someone is acting a fool trying to roll into a spot like ace ventura and miscalculates their brake package and really screws up my car. Last time I went with the Mitsu I left with two extra dents in the passenger door from someone jacking their door into mine.

No im definitely talking about the bullshit of flying around the lot and not respecting other people's cars in the process (leaning on something thats not yours with a studded belt). God forbid someone is acting a fool trying to roll into a spot like ace ventura and miscalculates their brake package and really screws up my car. Last time I went with the Mitsu I left with two extra dents in the passenger door from someone jacking their door into mine.

OK glad I misunderstood your position. I completely agree with you. Nice on the door dings, however do not forget the inevitable......I will park my Vette at the very end of the lot and some asshat will roll in in a Delta 88 full of kids and park next to it. NICE CARS ARE NEVER SAFE!

yeah, i hate this as well. back when we had meets at quaker steak and lube, people would lean up against other peoples' cars, and put drinks on others' cars--lots of disrespect like that. a lot of these people were random people that were not a part of columbus racing. no idea how they find out about the meets, but they just show up. last year someone flipped a riced out piece of shit at one of the meets.

cars and coffee is a better bet. all the riff raff are still hung over, and don't show up--definitely a more mature crowd.

my sentra goes up for sale in a few weeks, by the way. unfortunately, its in tampa. i just can't justify moving it with me to wisconsin, even though it was my first supercar. i'm taking it in stride.

I found a dude halfway under the rear of the mitsu looking to see if it was AWD. I was about to roll to kroger to drain the lizard and had half the mind to start the car with him underneath. I love to check out peoples car's just as much as everyone else, but I have the respect to ask them first before I go crawling through the damn thing.

My last memory, when I decided it was time to leave, was seeing a bunch of what looked like high school kids sitting around in a convertible sebring, just being loud, pumping music and dancing around in their car, I wanted to puke (Hope it wasn't any of you guys, if so, sorry in advance).