Mother in-law needs a new car....(got one)

Buck531

I forgot to add. Probably a midsize car. Maybe an Accord, Regal, something along those lines.

I think we're going to go car shopping on Monday since I'll have the day off.

Thanks for the replies.

And fuck you who have been shitting on my thread.

Altima...

I bought mine for $12,500 out the door with 16k on the clock last sept. I just use it for commuting, so it has everything I need.

Buck have you considered a ford 500 or fusion used? There nice cars and reasonibly priced on used.

And off course you can go wrong with a honda accord

I may have been being a douche, but do you know how the economy is right now, let alone the automobile industry? Cars aren't selling, you can negotiate quite a bit on a new or used car, so who's to say it can't be done, many dealers are willing to waive fees/cut profits just to move cars.

used cars are climbing in prices because of the demand. Alot of people are uncertain or scared to by new. Unless you deal with this shit daily or are in the business you have NO room to talk.

atleast we have established the fact that your a douche and your acknowledging that you know you are one.

I'm new to sales (only been in sales for 2 months) if you wanna talk shit about someones profession, i suggest you do it to my face here are my hours

Monday-Wednesday 9-7

Friday 9-6

Saturday 9-5

i can pm you the shop address since your a "tuff guy"

Josh is right, used prices have been climbing. Less people are buying new, but buying all the same. When I was in the market, I noticed the average price of Rams climb about 3 grand within a few months of looking before I managed to sell off my previous car, which led to me looking at something else. Also, dealerships won't just make terrible deals to dump cars, they are smart enough to adjust prices to follow trends. When stuff wasn't moving very fast, they started giving way less on trade ins so they could drop their advertised prices in order to create sales. This trend reversed around March, and by late April, when I bought, things were in a full upward swing, including interest rates. The banks are ready to stop bleeding, which means interest rates are about to rise, so buy now while you still can afford to.

Ended up picking out an '02 Grand Prix GT. 83k. Solid car. Old lady owned it :). I knew a guy that I grew up with two houses down from my parents at Dave Gill "Chevrolet".

They were asking 8900 for it. Since I knew him he knocked off $500 and ended up giving us $1000 for the 92 Crown Vic. Definatley in the pay range she was looking for.

Now, I have questions.

It has a 30 day warranty. I pointed out a few things I noticed when I drove it. The Lower intake gasket is pooling up with oil. I pointed it out to my friend the sales guy and he said "well, our used car tech looked it over and deemed it ok". Well, I didn't like that. I know I can change it for less than $100, but that's not the point.

The other thing is it pulls to the right. Again, he said the same as above that the service tech looked at it and said it was ok. Then he said something to the fact that since they dropped off $500 off the car that that was about it.

That sounds like bullshit. I mean. the LIM gasket is failing. Should I push harder and actually talk with the service tech that looked at it?

Other than that the car is nice to drive and feels very tight. I know it'll last for a while and that I can service it since I know the car inside and out.

02 Grand Prix GT at Auction with 83k miles sell for around 4500. I told you to call me man. They should fix everything on that car for you with the amount of money they made off the deal and take you and your mother in law out for dinner for at least 6 months.

I know. It'll be fine for what she needs. All the other car lots we looked at had a lot more miles for the year of the car.

Cool.

Then go in and approach your "friend" and tell him you understand that he needs to make money as well but you want her to have a reliable car. You have to act quick tho.Often soon as final bank processing of loan goes thru you can kiss any of your leverage good buy.

an update for anyone who cares.

Well I took the car back. The salesman who I got the car off of wasn't there. I asked to speak to the tech who looked over the car.

So the sales manager comes out. Explain to him nicely on what the deal was with the car with the alignment and the LIM leaking. He said "ok".. then I asked "will this be covered under the warranty".

He said "what warranty". Uh.. the one right here on the paper that says I got a 30 day warranty.

He looks it over and said, "we'll take care of this. This was supposed to be sold as-is with no warranty".

Then he tells me the tech KNEW it needed an alignment and KNEW the LIM was leaking. Hence supposed to be sold with out a warranty.

lol. They fucked themselves. They were not supposed to have a warranty with it. He said it was there mess up for having a warranty and they will contact my mother in-law on Monday to get it scheduled to be fixed.

Makes sense though. When I got the car and I pointed the junk that was wrong, I don't think the salesman realized it said 30 day warranty . heh.

Man I get so frustrated with people selling cars in that fashion. My friend was just sold a car that had a issue wit the float in the tank. They would not fill it up and when they finally did the problem showed up.

They had to go in and fight them to fix it. This was for a car that had a warranty.

:(

happy to see you getting it fixed.

IT's a 3800 right? if so it should run for a long tie.