New craigslist scam?

Bam

Ok, so I just listed my car up for sale on craigslist earlier today,and I'm checking my email tonight and I have two emails from people,one a foreigner saying they're are interested in buying the car/checking it out, etc, but yet both provide a 614 number to call them at? Obviously it's 2am so I'm not calling them now but before I do tomorrow is there something I'm missing? One of the people is a "Michelle" and says she's in Dublin, her email sounds pretty legit. The other person's email is from a dude named....B. Raja Sekhar Singh,

Software Engneer,

IBM Global Services Ltd. India,

Banglore.

Ph No: +91-9880782170

Anyways, like I said they both say call them at 614...blah blah blah, is there a new scam going around like this or am I just being too cautious?

What do you guys think, it can't hurt to call the number right? Should I block mynumber when calling?

I had a guy from out of state try to buy my 4runner.Something just didn't seem right about his e-mail so I asked him for more info.He gave me his address,phone number etc.I Googled his address and it came up as a check cashing place.When I inquired about that he never responded.If something doesn't seem right I'd be overly cautious,if it's legit they'll understand.

heres an email that i received earlier today about my TV. surely a scam

hi,

thats fine...can you pls mail it to me in Tampa, FL.....i'll pay you with paypal. Pls let me know if this is fine..i'll pay for shipping...it is a great deal.

It is free to register and takes just few minutes to sign up at http://www.paypal.com

Thanks

im not saying scams dont happen frequently, but it seems like every time someone is selling a big item (electronics, autos, etc), even if you do get a legit buyer, the seller freaks out thinking its a scam because someone actually wants their shit! it cracks me up.

like said though...face to face, cash, done.

+1 on public places, we did however do a trade once witha guy from indiana when selling an old set of wheels we had. we told the guy that we only ship them if he sent a money order and would ship them after it was cashed. turned out to be a legit trade.

As for the OP - the India dude could be a guy getting ready to move here for work so I wouldn't discount the guy. Then again, he could be salivating at all the hotties he's gonna be picking up in bangalore with his new ride when he pays you with monopoly money.