what to buy evo or sti

rruuff

Whoa Skippie the EVO 8 and 9 are tits. LOL in all seriousness, anyone that owns one of these car will help you make the decision that suits you, dont take advice from people that have never had either of the cars, they dont know anything. I have an 08 STi that i would be willing to let you check out and drive (its stage 2 though). The dealerships will not let you drive either of the cars. I bought the STi for the reliability, cargo space, and the fact that im sure Subaru will still be making cars in the next 5 years. I LOVE the way the new EVO looks, but it didnt make sense to get it with what i am using the car for. Stock for stock, the EVO takes the cake by a hair. Once you start modding, then it doesnt really matter, both will be fast and handle great, just one (STi) will have NAV and can carry a bike and recaro baby seats (i dont have kids, but might just to have the seats) :)

I know, people that don't own an Evo or STI have no idea what they are talking about.:gtfo::asshole:

The new STI's look fucking sweet IMHO. Don't have anything really productive to add as far as which one's better for what, etc, don't know a ton about these cars. I don't think you can really go wrong any way you cut it. Not saying that what you are doing isn't a good idea, it's great to know what you are getting into.

Honestly if you are wanting to buy brand new, I'd go drive them and see which one you like best. With as little real difference there is in between the cars it will probably come down to which one you like the best, for whatever reason, or which one just speaks to you when you drive it.

If you are ready to buy NOW, you'd be pretty dumb to not buy Ken's evo.

^ ya I've pretty much decided if you don't buy Kens unmolested (pretty fucking rare in the evo 8/9 world) Evo I'm going to kick you in the balls if we ever meet.

Let me know when you decide to do that so we can tag team him because I too have decided if he doesn't buy Ken's I'm going to Falcon punch him.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq101/addadiktome/FalconPunch.gif

I know, people that don't own an Evo or STI have no idea what they are talking about.:gtfo::asshole:

If you dont own one, or have never owned one then yes, you have nothing more valuable than what he can read in a magazine. I offered for him to drive mine, cause the dealerships wont let him drive either.

You can get sweet deal on either cars right now. To be honest you cant go wrong, they are both cars that people recognize and want.

If you dont own one, or have never owned one then yes, you have nothing more valuable than what he can read in a magazine. I offered for him to drive mine, cause the dealerships wont let him drive either.

But I have driven an Evo 9. Its not like you have never given an opinion on a car you haven't driven.

The EVO X is a far better all around car, I don't think there is a question about that. In the ohio winters they handle amazingly. I haven't been able to drive a new STI yet, but I have ridden in quite a few. The STI interior is far nicer and more comfortable, but when you look at the race inspired cockpit that is the interior of the EVO X it just gives you goosebumps.

Coming from a new gen lancer owner I can tell you even my car (with very few mods) absolutely sticks to the road with a tad bit of understeer and moderate body roll. The ride is smooth when it needs to be smooth, and rockin when you want to corner or take it off road. And it can handle the off road amazingly I might add.

Get the EVO X, in white. The black and red trim looks amazing on the white.

thanks to everyone, looking more towards evo. thanks oh8sti for the offer. i thought i had my stang sold but didn't go through. i have to wait until i sell it first. kens evo is very nice and a possiblilty

I don't know if you are interested but I am selling my 07 Subaru w/418 awhp for $22k if you are interested. It will be posted in the for sale section as soon as I get a response from a mod as to why I can't post there.