Close Call today ** A look inside the nest **

TTQ B4U

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once stepped in one of those underground bee hives... They chased me into the house then into the bedroom and continued to sting me. They don't fuck around.

I did the same thing when I was a kid. stepped in a nest of yellow-jackets i tried running through the woods but i was still pretty bad. Dr's said I was stung over 170 times but to this day i dont know how they would even know stuff like that?! did they count the stings? whatever, they told me I was most likely allergic and to not get stung anymore, ever. I scream like a little girl when I see something like that now a days.

I wonder if that spray foam would work quick enough to seal the hole and stop them form getting out? Then you could just cut the nest down and not worry about them getting out. Either way this should be pretty exciting.:)

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!! There are many stories on the interwebs of people trying to use Great Stuff expanding foam. It works great until the foam expands large enough to split the hive open.

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!! There are many stories on the interwebs of people trying to use Great Stuff expanding foam. It works great until the foam expands large enough to split the hive open.

Just be quick about it and put the hive in a Trash Can.....

.. or the neighbor's car!!!

:D

KillJoy

Drop it into a can WITH A TRASH BAG and tie it up. Also be aware that the hive may split from the impact of the fall, you want to be tying that shit up fast.

You need your ninja skills, this are serious business. Failure is not an option.... er, unfilmed failure is not an option.

Quick is what I was for sure. Waited until about 10pm and did just like the professor told me and it worked perfectly. There didn't appear to be any activity and thus hopefully all of them were inside.

I put the flashlight propped up on the ground just in front of and under the nest off to the side so I could see my target and the entrance hole (one of them) very clearly.

After soaking it and the immediate surroundings with one full 17oz can of RAID, I ran like hell.

Just got back in from nailing it with part of a second can. She' definitely soaked and dripping.

I'll wait until morning to retrieve my flashlight. In the mean time, I'll have the dogs go out front. I'll look at it up close after work. I don't need to get stung first thing in the morning if there are any left buzzing around pissed off.

Sorry for all the firebugs out there.......I really didn't feel torching my beautiful trees and flowers was the best idea :o

Id get 2 cans of Hornet killer. The ones that spray like 20' and just go soak the shit out of it.

I've unloaded a can of that on a nest before, soaking numerous hornets, yet they flew right towards me. I was yelping like a puppy. :o

I've unloaded a can of that on a nest before, soaking numerous hornets, yet they flew right towards me. I was yelping like a puppy. :o

How do you feel about yourself since you didn't kill them instantly? Have some respect for the things you kill.

:p

Just fuckin' with ya.

How do you feel about yourself since you didn't kill them instantly? Have some respect for the things you kill.

:p

Just fuckin' with ya.

The nest was on the sill of my window; there were hornets literally coming in to my house and I was stung by one. It was them or me. :(

Two more pics in their memory.

I check late last night and they appeared to be dead. I'll hit them again with another dose tonight just to be certain.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/114659116/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/114659115/original.jpg

So 1 week after spraying it twice, here's a look inside at the top half of the nest. There were a dozen or so layers like this inside the entire nest.

Not sure how many workers were in there, but there are at least 50 dead on the ground and a dozen or more inside. Less than I thought, but still plenty to have put a hurt on someone they weren't happy with.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/114838785/original.jpg