Close Call today ** A look inside the nest **

TTQ B4U

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a pity it had to be destroyed, nature makes such cool shit. :(

I agree. It was neat to see that inside every larva capsule there was a dead fly or something. They really were in-tune with keeping the pest population down. It had to be done though. I couldn't take a chance of my kids hitting the tree with a ball. Perhaps if they were up high in the soffet area of the roof I could have left them. Even then, the Professor I talked with didn't recommend it due to them being pretty aggressive.

I like that camera, what is it?

Canon EOS 40D. More reach than my 1D Series :D

Here's another close up one. Larva's were inside and coming along quickly.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/114854315/original.jpg

• 2 months later...

On my facebook now, will post here later.

Called the landlord at 4:40, cuz she's in her office till 5... accept when I need her.

Left her a message to have some one come pick it up.

Night fell, I said fuckit.

Put on my racing suit with my caving coveralls over it. Two balaclavas, welding gloved, stable boots, duct taped all the seams, and popped on some goggles.

Using what I learnd in this thread, I set a light down near the nest, approached it fromt he other direction, and scooped it up in a garbage bag. None escaped, no one was stinging the light or me. That was one pissed off humming bag of hell, I tell ya what. some got out of the nest and were pushing their way between the bag and the nest, pumping their stingers like crazy.

I tied the bag off and injected it with raid. I'll bravely open the bag tonight. I was able to actually inject deep into the nest, too, so hopefully they're all dead. lol

On my facebook now, will post here later.

Called the landlord at 4:40, cuz she's in her office till 5... accept when I need her.

Left her a message to have some one come pick it up.

Night fell, I said fuckit.

Put on my racing suit with my caving coveralls over it. Two balaclavas, welding gloved, stable boots, duct taped all the seams, and popped on some goggles.

Using what I learnd in this thread, I set a light down near the nest, approached it fromt he other direction, and scooped it up in a garbage bag. None escaped, no one was stinging the light or me. That was one pissed off humming bag of hell, I tell ya what. some got out of the nest and were pushing their way between the bag and the nest, pumping their stingers like crazy.

I tied the bag off and injected it with raid. I'll bravely open the bag tonight. I was able to actually inject deep into the nest, too, so hopefully they're all dead. lol

LOL.......You're a crazy MoFo!

Guest tbutera2112
tell your kids to go throw rocks at it.

bee stings build character.

i got expelled from summer camp when i was 9 because they told us to not touch a sign that was outside the building...i threw a rock at it and like 5 people got stung, so they kicked me out lol