I'm so F'g sick of Time Warner.!!!!

Putty

And there is NOTHING I can do about it. My cable service is shit. I get a pixelation, stutter, freezing type hose job all the damn time. Sometimes it even hard to watch a show. I have complained time after time. I get credits issued to my acct., but no fix. I just want working service! I have inquired about going to ATT, but TW is offering me this phone, internet, cable service package thing for like $99 a month with HD channels...NO other company can come close. Therefore, I must deal with this shit. Even DVRd shows have the pixel shit going on. Makes me so MAD!!!!

Uh, you can't really complain or say there is nothing you can do it about it.

You can open your checkbook and go elsewhere. I know I did, as did many people I know.

I have WOW and love it, TW did suck when I had them.

They have sent several out to all tell me the same thing. "There are some errors coming in". No trees. No other company in my area. Not going to pay 200 a month for cable, internet and phone with ATT.

Just get ATnT. Our TimeWarner did the same thing. They sent a guy out, he looked at it and said oh thats what they do. I TOLD him to replace my box, even though he said it wouldnt help, he did, and NO it didnt help. After saying fuck time warner for having shitty service for months we got ATnT and its the shit. Faster internet and i like the ATnT menu more, all the on demand channels are in 1 big menu.

I dumped T/W....service was good but the DVR's are shit. I went through several in just one year.

I went to AT&T and I'm only paying $134 per month for everything. I have three boxes, HD Service, 6mb DSL, & Unlimited Phone. Now....AT&T doesn't have the greatest HD feed IMHO but I can live with it.

Just get ATnT.

Not that easy. Fios is not in my area.....SO, ATT has a contract with DirectTV. They come install a dish and I use that until FIOS is available. Problem is, dish requires a box on every TV. I dont want a box on all my TVs. They also can't tell you if they can provide you with DSL Internet service UNTIL an ATT landline is running in the home. I said...well, that's no good. Why have you come install a phone line in my home to tell me you cant get me Internet and for me to tell you to take your phone back and shove it. She said sorry...that's how it is. So for 6 TVs with a $5 per box fee it was $95.99 for JUST TV....they add the phone, seperate and the Internet....I was well over $160...to me, that's too much.

To summarize:

1. You are unhappy with your service

2. You are happy with the price of above mentioned crappy service.

3. You don't want to move to anybody else because they will charge you more.

Sounds like you have reached a inconvenience vs price point that fits you.

Yeah, I'm also in that tough situation. I purchased my first HDTV last year, and got TW Cable. At first there was a lot of skips and pixelation, and it took 5 tech visits until finally the last guy actually did something. It turned out the original tech left the screw ends of the cables loose.

After that, no problems for almost a year. My only problem was that the DVR only held 20 hours of HD video, which really isn't acceptable. I did some research and found that those Scientific Atlanta DVRs can accept external SATA hard drives, although officially, TW doesn't support it. So I got a 1 TB external drive and I was set for the football and new season for all my favorite shows. Well that ended around last month, when an update that was sent out to the boxes knocked out the external hard drives. I called them and of course they simply told me they didn't support that. I can either suck it up and accept it, or buy a TIVO box, or switch service providers. I don't really want to go back to satellite, so I guess I'll just wait and hope a new update fixes the DVR.

Their internet has always been outstanding for me. Pretty consistent 13 Mbps.

I have had the same issues with Wide Open West for over 2 years. They have replaced everything from the pole to the tv and it still does it. I'm sure Joe is gonna chime in with how "Wide Open West is the best!" I can tell you that the one of the guys that came out several times and saw the problems that I had, said "I'm not gonna waste any more time on your problem". That was a quality control guy. :rolleyes:

-Mike

I have had the same issues with Wide Open West for over 2 years. They have replaced everything from the pole to the tv and it still does it. I'm sure Joe is gonna chime in with how "Wide Open West is the best!" I can tell you that the one of the guys that came out several times and saw the problems that I had, said "I'm not gonna waste any more time on your problem". That was a quality control guy. :rolleyes:

-Mike

I haven't been out to your place, but if I recall correctly, it is in a place that is difficult to make serviceable. I honestly haven't heard anything more about it; sent a tech out and never got any feedback, otherwise I would have pursued it further.

I can send my own lead tech out now if you would like.

As for Time Warner, we were stuck with them at the condo, and at the new house:

- Customer service is HORRIBLE.

- I have had to call 4 times now for various back-end problems...and they were not small problems!

- They charged me a "transfer" fee after doing some major screw ups I had to spend 45 minutes on the phone for them to resolve, and they never even had to roll a truck. I had to get pissy with them to remove the charge.

- Somehow decided to change our caller ID to a different name

I can only imagine how bad it would have been if I had let one of their techs into my home...the work the tech did for the last owner was sad to say the least. You know, things like attaching a GROUND to the GROUND BLOCK is always a novel idea, or fittings that are at least semi-correctly installed. And the idiots never even disconnected it at the tap after the last owner disconnected service. But luckily their plant is fairly new in the area, and we haven't had any plant-related issues so far here (had them a number of times at the condo).

I was in there today swapping out a modem and saw a very clean black avalanche. :cool:

Was gonna ask if you were there, but didn't want to be gay. :gay:

That's not mine...I saw it eariler today to; may have been a vendor's truck. I have a company vehicle I drive to/from work. It was a WBH Avalanche, they didn't offer the 2002 in WBH, and I wouldn't get one without the body hardware anyway (unless it was an 07+).

Not that easy. Fios is not in my area.....SO, ATT has a contract with DirectTV. They come install a dish and I use that until FIOS is available. Problem is, dish requires a box on every TV. I dont want a box on all my TVs. They also can't tell you if they can provide you with DSL Internet service UNTIL an ATT landline is running in the home. I said...well, that's no good. Why have you come install a phone line in my home to tell me you cant get me Internet and for me to tell you to take your phone back and shove it. She said sorry...that's how it is. So for 6 TVs with a $5 per box fee it was $95.99 for JUST TV....they add the phone, seperate and the Internet....I was well over $160...to me, that's too much.

I didn't think at&t was going Fios that was Verizon.