98 Cadillac Deville D'elegent What are your thoughts/opinions

armin922

So like the title says. What are opinions? Any major problems with this car? I believe it has the northstar motor. Someone is giving my gf this car for 1500 bucks with about 150k miles. What are the problems with this car, what should we look for when looking at it, and etc. THANKS

Guest Removed
Uh, why?

-Marc

about 150k miles

thats why..i havent seen one over 80k, that didnt have head gasket issue's, and when you go to back the 18" head bolt out, they like to break off in the block.

they love to leak oil, cause the block splits at the crank center line.

if it hasnt been takin care of, ita a sludge monster

they eat transmission's

and everything else around it is GM fail.

the northstar is a problem

i beg to differ. for years an yearrrrs people in the west would use the north star motor in there sand rails. an dune buggies out in the sand dunes ... 110 heat outside gettin ran to the limit every time they start, sitting in the elements the whole time... i have yet to run accross one that has failed on me. mabey you just suck lol

i beg to differ. for years an yearrrrs people in the west would use the north star motor in there sand rails. an dune buggies out in the sand dunes ... 110 heat outside gettin ran to the limit every time they start, sitting in the elements the whole time... i have yet to run accross one that has failed on me. mabey you just suck lol

tehn you ned to gut odt moer becasuee thay are junc.

did you understand that since i sent my spell checker to paulbonics.:p

tehn you ned to gut odt moer becasuee thay are junc.

did you understand that since i sent my spell checker to paulbonics.:p

translation: With the currently economic situation at hand with gm, the "north-star" motor has had its issues over the years. But when taken care of, the motor puts out nice power in a reliable package. They even do great with a TT setup, as it has been done time an time again.

asshole

Guest Removed

ok i suck, cause gm stuffed it in a car with a body on it(not in a sand rail with air flowing all around it) and gave it less then a 1" all around it, and what not, and i see them all the time with blown head gaskets and I suck? I'll remember that the next time your shit box is in my shop. I'll tell you "I suck and to take it some where else". how does that sound?

ok i suck, cause gm stuffed it in a car with a body on it(not in a sand rail with air flowing all around it) and gave it less then a 1" all around it, and what not, and i see them all the time with blown head gaskets and I suck? I'll remember that the next time your shit box is in my shop. I'll tell you "I suck and to take it some where else". how does that sound?

dang emo man calm down. ironically you say that... ive made 3 calls an an email tryin gto get a quote to possibly set up an appointment for a certain shitty gm equinox

Guest Removed
dang emo man calm down. ironically you say that... ive made 3 calls an an email tryin gto get a quote to possibly set up an appointment for a certain shitty gm equinox

yeah your trying to get me to price rear disc brake work on a truck that didnt come with rear disc brakes....:confused::gtfo:

and as bad as you miss spell, i dont think your dialing the correct phone number.

someone is by that phone 24/7...and at no time does it just ring and ring and ring.it has a answering machine, or goes to my voice mail when forwarded to my phone.

what should we look for when looking at it, and etc. THANKS

you should look for it to stop working shortly after you get it home.

$1500 for a 150k mile, 12 year old car??? christ. are you looking to break up with this girl???

buy something small, with lower mileage, and that gets better gas mileage. i was just forced by my wife to sell her '99 nissan sentra---and i parted with it for $2500. 114k miles, maintained by me, and pretty much flawless for an 11 year old car. oh, and 27/36mpg. that's what you need. if you can't afford that kind of money, then there are still smarter choices then the car your going to get raped over.

you need to run away from this car before you waste $1500. my father-in-law just laid a northstar powered caddy to rest as it split the block, and i'm not sure it had anywhere near 150k miles on it.

see, we just saved you $1500

Guess what happened today at work? A Cadillac DeVille is in there for guess what? A blown head gasket. True story.

I was going to say waterpump, which are also a delight. Norsthstars make pretty good power imo, but they are just as bad as Subarus for head gaskets.

Guest Removed
Paul, do some serious reading my friend. Northstars with mileage are death sentence. They should include a head-gasket and timesert kit with every used purchase.

yes

Guess what happened today at work? A Cadillac DeVille is in there for guess what? A blown head gasket. True story.

i get atleast one call a week with someone with this issue. i am way cheaper at fixxing them, but its the what if's

I was going to say waterpump, which are also a delight. Norsthstars make pretty good power imo, but they are just as bad as Subarus for head gaskets.

thats gravy money, with the socket

and i always see them with new pump, and radiators, and the fans hot wired...needing you guess'd it..

head gaskets

Edited by Removed