CR Summer Drag Day - All registrations OPEN!

MrMeanGreen

http://cr-summer-09.eventbrite.com/

FYI, Tina (wannarace928) and I will be getting married at this event if you'd like to attend. We will be getting married at the tree at noon, followed by a heads-up race of our Firebirds.

National Trail Raceway - Hebron, Ohio (about 25 minutes east of Columbus off of US40)

Friday, September 11th, 2009

Rain date: Friday, September 18th, 2009

9am-5pm w/ free admission to Friday Night Street Fights at NTR, 5-11pm

Gates open at 8am

Max of 90 vehicles (45 Senior Member spots available)

Price: $31 for all members and general public. Non-refundable unless the event is canceled.

Spectators are FREE!

Gates and Entry:

Gates will open at 8AM and racing is from 9AM to 5PM. We will be on the east side of the track, in the staging area/parking lot. Use the east gate and follow the road around to the left.

If you are not pre-registered you may still pay at the event if there are spots left. The fee is $50 CASH and you must find a CR representative (Brian "V8 BEAST" or "Doc") to take the money and tech you in. No one else will be doing day-of registrations, you must see one of them. No cash, no race.

Tech:

Tech is from 8-10AM in the staging lanes, and all registrants will be required to sign a waiver not holding National Trail Raceway or Columbus Racing responsible for liability. We're looking for no leaks, nothing falling off, etc. You must wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves, t-shirts are fine. A Snell/DOT approved helmet is also required if you're running 13.99 or quicker. Cars 11.99 and quicker should have a all NHRA mandated safety equipment, including a roll cage for 11.49 or quicker. All vehicles will be marked after tech for record-keeping and verification reasons. You will not be able to race if you're not teched in; if you deliberately try to race without tech you will be ejected from the track and forfeit your registration money. Trails staff will be watching. Should you arrive after 10am it's your responsibility to track down a CR representative to tech you in.

Motorcycles must have a Snell/DOT helmet with full shield, full-sleeve protective jacket, long pants, and over-the-ankle-shoes. If your motorcycle is quicker than 10.00 or faster than 120mph, you WILL need full protective gear, boots and a kill switch. It's suicide not to. Do not try and get around this, if you're busted, we may eject you from the event and you will forfeit your registration money.

Racing:

We will be utilizing the staging lanes on the north side of the track that exit under the tower. Please be courteous and orderly to other drivers. The north side (left two lanes) of the track are for ALL VEHICLES ALL TIRES, including radials, drag radials, and slicks. The south side (right two lanes) are for SLICK TIRE/DOT SLICK/DRAG RADIAL VEHICLES ONLY, including motorcycles ON SLICKS.

Bikes and cars have been asked by NTR to refrain from running heads-up for safety reasons. I.E; cars versus cars and bikes versus bikes only.

At this time we're still debating on a need for water box volunteers, although NTR is covering all other staffing positions.

If you break and spill fluids or damage the track, you are responsible for the clean-up fees and/or repairs. In the case this occurs, please see Brian aka V8 BEAST ASAP.

End of Day:

NTR has allowed us the ability to stay for their Friday Night Street Fights event after our event, which starts at 5pm and runs until 11pm. If you've paid for a CR registration, admittance to the NTR event is free.

Whatever you want. By circle I assume you mean round cake? And what type of dragsters/ An svt and a pontiac, a porsche and a pontiac, or 2 pontiacs. It has to be designed so it doesnt look like a walmart cake LOL.

Cake should have a Porsche on jackstands, and a Firebird melting through the cake from heatsoak. I love how we have to pay to participate in the wedding day festivities, only a jew would do that.

I <3 u Anthony and Tina.

Whatever you want. By circle I assume you mean round cake? And what type of dragsters/ An svt and a pontiac, a porsche and a pontiac, or 2 pontiacs. It has to be designed so it doesnt look like a walmart cake LOL.

2 pontiacs...... can you make one blue and one green? :D

Cake should have a Porsche on jackstands, and a Firebird melting through the cake from heatsoak. I love how we have to pay to participate in the wedding day festivities, only a jew would do that.

I <3 u Anthony and Tina.

Hell even I have to pay if I want to race. :p;)

Oh and my porsche is not on jackstands, she is firmly planted on all 4 wheels. :p

I will talk with the decorator tomorrow but I suggested a 3 tier cake with the bottom being a drag tire. Using a tree for the topper. Let me see if she has any suggestions but its your cake. In my and mine alone opinion, it needs to be made to look somewhat the shape of an actual "wedding cake". If not in design of traditional necessarily but shape. But thats me. You guys pic colors, icing type(buttercreme or fondant, flavor type of cakes, and overall design. keep in mind a cake for 40-50 people is not very big so theres either alot of cake left over or we need more people to show.

I will talk with the decorator tomorrow but I suggested a 3 tier cake with the bottom being a drag tire. Using a tree for the topper. Let me see if she has any suggestions but its your cake. In my and mine alone opinion, it needs to be made to look somewhat the shape of an actual "wedding cake". If not in design of traditional necessarily but shape. But thats me. You guys pic colors, icing type(buttercreme or fondant, flavor type of cakes, and overall design. keep in mind a cake for 40-50 people is not very big so theres either alot of cake left over or we need more people to show.

Umm... wow, so many details.... how about buttercreme.... marble cake? I'm sure there will be plenty of people there to eat some cake. I have about 20 family members and very close friends showing up alone (and counting). :)

Lol. My car is at Pickups Plus until the 14th if you wanna swing them by and have Brady or Scott put them in the back of my car.

awwwww but then i wont have anything for the wedding lol. ill drop it off next week

Heres some pics to show you the quality of work so you dont think your getting a crappy cake. Not trying to break ant sponsorship rules just showing pics, no contact info. Theres not alot of wedding cakes in there because she likes to talk with people to get their ideas so they cake is a reflection of what they want. This is just a few of hundreds of cakes.

Click a pic to see a slideshow.

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/cakes/th_camera496.jpg

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/cakes/th_camera028.jpg

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/cakes/th_BirthdayCakepictures054.jpg

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/cakes/th_S4020957-1.jpg

Anthony and Tina, Congrads!I think the wedding at the track is a Great Ideal!

we were so looking forward to making this fall event, then the wedding on top.. However we will be In Cordova Ill. that weekend for a All AMC race event.

Can we be invited to the 1 year anniversary so we can enjoy a piece of year old cake?:D

Again Congrads to both of you!

Mike