what do you think of these boots

Hoblick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these as well, but I'm looking at more of a boot than a shoe. I'm not a big fan of the full boot though. Just need something to go above my ankle.

I tried the SMX1 on, and it seemed to be very supportive.

Why would you not just get full boots? Trust me my sidi boots are more comfortable than any gym shoe i have ever owned! get full boots and learn to love them because you dont want to shatter your tib/fib/ancle like i did and i had great boots on! if i werent wearing them i prob would had to have multiple surgeries! trust me the are super comfy!

I'd definitely get full coverage boots. Honestly, you can wear full coverage boots with jeans and still not look like a tool out in public; I can slip my jeans right over my Sidi's and they look just fine.

While we're on the topic of boots, is there any certain type of sock that is particularly comfortable under full riding boots? I bought some Sidi Vertigo's over the winter and love them, but it's pretty obvious that they're going to be fairly unpleasant to wear unless I find a good sock to wear with em; nothing I have in my normal wardrobe is going to cut it.

I'd definitely get full coverage boots. Honestly, you can wear full coverage boots with jeans and still not look like a tool out in public; I can slip my jeans right over my Sidi's and they look just fine.

While we're on the topic of boots, is there any certain type of sock that is particularly comfortable under full riding boots? I bought some Sidi Vertigo's over the winter and love them, but it's pretty obvious that they're going to be fairly unpleasant to wear unless I find a good sock to wear with em; nothing I have in my normal wardrobe is going to cut it.

I just wear regular white long socks. I try not to tuck my pants into my boots either cuz I am afraid if I do go down the pants would catch on the pavement and get pulled up my leg... That would suck. I guess I dont care if I look like a tool.

I'm gonna go along with aaron on this one. personally I could wear my sidi boots all day long, and the break-in doesn't take long for a good feeling. I do suggest going past the ankle support and get some shin coverage. you don't want a peg bashing your shins as you wreck. Those boots have been through a few crashes and I've always walked away without a scratch. As for those sidi street boots, nice features, last long, typically a great fit, but I don't agree with just ankle coverage. may as well wear basketball shoes for that.

One last thing, when I say shin protection, I don't mean FM boots.

you can wear full coverage boots with jeans and still not look like a tool out in public; I can slip my jeans right over my Sidi's and they look just fine.

I don't think it's the boots makin' you look like a tool Harb! :D ziiinnnnggggg

I picked up some really long Starter tube socks from Walmart for the same reason. They come up to my knee, & were like $5-6 a pack IIRC

I do suggest going past the ankle support and get some shin coverage. you don't want a peg bashing your shins as you wreck.

+1

Ask shittygsxr how his leg felt after taking a peg to the calf, it wasn't pretty AND he had good race-type boots on. I'd hate to have seen how bad it would have been with crappy boots or only ankle support.

That made me go out and spend the cash on some Sidi Vertigo Corsa's this winter.