Stimulus package part 2, for you JRmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

SAMBUSA

Must be doing something right, or some details are missing here? If this whole capitalism thing works, then people want the best value for their dollar, yes?

Yes the citizens or should I say most citizens want the best value for our dollar. But the typical politician doesn't care about our dollar. As long as they are getting a free ride they will keep doing what they do.

Just a little inside note. When I was working for this large landscape firm we were bidding on a job for a suburb of Cleveland. In order for us to seal the deal we had to, off the books of course, do special favors for the Mayor and family. Don't ask me why family but thats where I ended up working. After I did all the paper work the jobs between the Mayor and Mayors mothers house the labor alone was values upwards of $15,000. I talk to my boss about it and he said " Thats just what you have to do Bud. We have been doing it like this for years."

That SHIT ain't right!! But it's common place.

I'm not OK with any racism. But no matter what race your are, if you start making excuses about the color of your skin - then you get labeled.

I'm a white male, I'm not on here pissed off or upset that I didn't get as large a scholarship than a black guy, or a woman (especially ones going to engineering school - it seems like they give the girls everything). I did what I had to do. Where there's a will there's a way. Life isn't fair, some people have better luck than others...yada yada yada. But luck really doesn't have a lot to do with success. People overcome hurdles, racial barriers, life obstacles if they really want to. Human willpower is pretty incredible.

You can bitch about things not being right, fair, or equal as long as the DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT outweighs the BITCHING ABOUT IT.

At least we agree about something:tongue:

I don't know what to say to that except that there are some serious issues in that paragraph.

the issue is people aren't hired or contracted based on skill level or performance, it's to meet a gov't mandated "quota"... and it's crap and it's led us to lower quality and higher prices... I agree with the "idea" of being the "best person" for the job.. If I can do it better and cheaper I should get the work. If someone who happens to be a minority can do it better, then I have NO problem with them having the job... regrettably it's not that way yet...

That SHIT ain't right!! But it's common place.

Not really news to me (anyone else?). As shiddy as that is, just be glad you're in America. At least we have whistleblower laws in America. And, if your boss/company didn't like the offer, then they didn't have to take it.

But, guess what else we've all learned, everyone has a price. Ethics can be bought and sold like stocks on the NYSE. You want to fight the good fight? By all means, but you'll go broke doing it. The system is what it is, you need to learn to live in it, manipulate it to your favor and change it for the better one step at a time. Key is, you have to do it in that order. You have to play the game before you can change the game.

Edited by JRMMiii

Not really news to me (anyone else?). Just be glad that as shiddy as that is, just be glad you're in America. At least we have whistleblower laws in America. And, if your boss/company didn't like the offer, then they didn't have to take it.

But, guess what else we've all learned, everyone has a price. Ethics can be bought and sold like stocks on the NYSE. You want to fight the good fight? By all means, but you'll go broke doing it. The system is what it is, you need to learn to live in it, manipulate it to your favor and change it for the better one step at a time. Key is, you have to do it in that order. You have to play the game before you can change the game.

YEP!! couldn't agree more.... we could all be in russia!!

Not really news to me (anyone else?). Just be glad that as shiddy as that is, just be glad you're in America. At least we have whistleblower laws in America. And, if your boss/company didn't like the offer, then they didn't have to take it.

That's not as shity as it is! It's just one example.

BTW I ended up leaving the company because of business ethics. I refuse to take part in it. No matter how much green and shiny crap they put in front of me. Then I went and worked for my Dad and had it good with a respectable company till my dumb ass screwed up my shoulder and can't labor anymore.

And yes it is great to be American!!

I understand your viewpoint but there is more to it. For starters' date=' look at the ratio of white/black males in this country. Whites make 74% of the American population. Blacks make just over 13%. There just as many 'lazy' white men in this country as there are 'lazy' black men. There just happens to be more white men to tip the scales. I don't believe that affirmative action works. I don't believe it is good for the black community. I believe it only further segregates our races but what do I know. Government has spoken and they must know what is best for us, right?[/quote']

I agree 110% it isn't good to further the race divide... it just seems there are more lazy people all around.... younger guys coming into the union expecting to get paid for doing nothing... of course it's fostered by the impression that you can't get fired if you are union..

The days when unions were necessary are gone.

amen!!!

I think I might just have to concur with that.

You 3 have obviously never worked for the railroad

Unions are still needed' date=' just not in the same capacity as they once were[/quote']

YOU know better ;)

Edited by Fonzie

You 3 have obviously never worked for the railroad

YOU know better ;)

Correct, historically the death and dismemberment rate for workers on railroads was extremely high. Unions and federal intervention put an end to that. It was necessary. And it wasn't an easy battle.

Correct, historically the death and dismemberment rate for workers on railroads was extremely high. Unions and federal intervention put an end to that. It was necessary. And it wasn't an easy battle.

Still isnt an easy battle