getting rid of crickets (outside)??

evan9381

is there something i can use? im starting to notice A LOT of crickets outside my house. even more today when i was mowing, climbing up the fence, all over my brick patio, driveway, etc etc. not to mention i can hear them ALL NIGHT LONG

is there something i can spray to get them away from my house without killing my grass, etc? i wouldnt mind if there were a few, but i couldnt believe how many i saw today.

Ortho Home Defense, spray it on anything you have seen them crawl on.

They like to eat just about anything so keeping their food supply down is tough. They call to eachother at night when it is warm, and hide (for the most part) during the day under things and in covered places. You must have an inviting environment for them.

I use a good, long-lasting outdoor bug spray and spray the edges around the house and any cracks or spots, ie; around the planter by the front door, or anywhere I can hear them annoying me when I'[m downstairs. Seems to take care of the problem. I generally only care when I can hear them at the front door behind me while I'm watching tv. Other than that, catch a female and put her in a little trap to attract all the males. Not only are the males the noisy ones, but you have fishing bait, now. :D

Arnt crickets kind of soothing to sleep to? Seems like one of those good outdoors noises you get when you camp.

That's the funny thing. I don't mind and even enjoy them when there's just a background chirp from mulitple crickets out in the world. But when there's just one or two REALLY fucking loud ones chirping away right by door or window when I'm watching some tv or trying to sleep gets annoying.

Arnt crickets kind of soothing to sleep to? Seems like one of those good outdoors noises you get when you camp.

Or grow up on a farm. I find it funny that people claim crickets or frogs are annoying. Makes me feel comfortable.

It's pretty much a "tough shit" kinda thing. you can keep them out of the house fairly easily, the garage a little less easily, your yard...no fucking way, forget it. You're pretty much stuck with the ones under your bedroom window unless you feel like randomly scattering toxic chemicals all around the outside of your house.

• 2 weeks later...

update - hit up lowes today, found some shit i can spray all over the lawn to kill a whole list of insects, and crickets were on the list.

the last week or so ive found 3-6 BIG ones in my house, that the cats had gotten to and ripped a leg off. i picked them up and fed them to my oscars.

today, i was picking up a couple boards on my deck, and found about 20 of them hiding under there. mowed the lawn today, then sprayed my whole lawn, around the whole house, flower beds, side yards and most of the neighbors side yard (hehehe). hopefully the shit works and ill know in a day or two

is there something i can use? im starting to notice A LOT of crickets outside my house. even more today when i was mowing, climbing up the fence, all over my brick patio, driveway, etc etc. not to mention i can hear them ALL NIGHT LONG

is there something i can spray to get them away from my house without killing my grass, etc? i wouldnt mind if there were a few, but i couldnt believe how many i saw today.

unleash alot of tarantula's?