Any G8 owners here?

Thomas Aquinas

So who here owns a G8? What dealer did you get it from? The wife and I have been looking at them recently and think it might be the car for us. So I'm starting to shop some dealers and see where I might get the best deal. We were in Dan Tobin off Sawmill and MSRP was around $34K and I think they had a $3500 rebate (I forget). There's Chesrown in Delaware I need to go look at. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

im not completely sure on this but my dad works at bob daniels on morse rd and they are going under soon and he said they had to start getting rid of there cars and they had a few g8s even a gxp the last time i was there. Gm isnt buying any back from them so they may be willing to give ya a good deal on one.

Guy at the shop has one, I think he got his from Dan Tobin, he paid like 26K for it or something. had less than 5k miles on it, the owner of the dealership was using it as his personal car. Not much of a huge help, but hey. I believe he had the gas tank replaced already because of EVAP issues with the tank cracking somewhere. It is not leaking fuel, just the fumes.

Cool, thanks guys. I'm going to check out a few more places this weekend. On Tobin's website it's listing them for under 30k after all the rebates and such. Hopefully we can move on one this month.

Has anyone ever delt with Dan tobin before? Are they pretty fair?

I would assume the gas tank issue was covered under warranty? Is it a typical problem on the G8? (I should probably check out some G8 boards too).

Cool, thanks guys. I'm going to check out a few more places this weekend. On Tobin's website it's listing them for under 30k after all the rebates and such. Hopefully we can move on one this month.

Has anyone ever delt with Dan tobin before? Are they pretty fair?

I would assume the gas tank issue was covered under warranty? Is it a typical problem on the G8? (I should probably check out some G8 boards too).

Try to work a deal on a GXP.

The bring it over to me for a tune. :)

The only major difference with the GXP are the huge overweight wheels and a 6 speed instead of an auto. If you have to have a manual then yeah GXP.

GXP's come in Auto's as well. I have tuned one. Expect a 30 to 40 wheel hp difference between the two.

Try to work a deal on a GXP.

The bring it over to me for a tune. :)

I think that's sorta out of our range. Its actually going to be my wife's daily. Take it with a grain of salt, but the guy at tobin said he had one or two on lot for $2500 over msrp. I never bothered to look as we really weren't thinking about it. I still might bring the GT to the dyno just out of curiosity.

We did test drive one, well she did. Fantastic car. I can't think of one really bad point on it. I would think GM would be foolish not to bring it back under the chevy nameplate.

the guy at tobin said he had one or two on lot for $2500 over msrp. I never bothered to look as we really weren't thinking about it. I still might bring the GT to the dyno just out of curiosity

Doesn't surprise me...but then I'm sure they will eventually find someone to take it. They did the same thing on GTO's and it took them a while to finally move them. I remember the last few they had and still wouldn't deal on them.

Just go elsewhere, or hell, just find a real low mile unit. I would never buy a G8 new, especially over list. Go to Buckles http://www.bucklesmotors.com/

Been working sweet deals for over 20 years.

The GT's were a normal price, but the GXP's were above MSRP. I agree that paying over MSRP is not very smart. Unless you have more money than brains. We are just looking for a G8 GT so we're not very concerned about the pricing on the GXP. Also, the wheels are getting a bit out of hand. They have 19" wheels available on the GT, that's kinda big for me. I think the 18" are plenty. Come to think of it, what size wheels do the new camaro come with??

The GT's were a normal price, but the GXP's were above MSRP. I agree that paying over MSRP is not very smart. Unless you have more money than brains. We are just looking for a G8 GT so we're not very concerned about the pricing on the GXP. Also, the wheels are getting a bit out of hand. They have 19" wheels available on the GT, that's kinda big for me. I think the 18" are plenty. Come to think of it, what size wheels do the new camaro come with??

On the V6, you start out with 18s, then work your way up to 19s and 20s. SS models are 20s I believe.