My wife got a new project pics and ?'s inside

thorne

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

270rwhp should be attainable with boltons, no problem. my '85 made 274rwhp with explorer GT40 heads, edelbrock intake, carb, roller rockers, e303 cam, and exhaust.

my '87 has a similar set-up.

my advice to you is to get a clear, concise goal with this car and stick to it. foxes have been made into factory original cars, show cars, road race cars, weekend warriors, and all-out drag cars. have a purpose in mind. if you combine parts and agendas, you'll end up with a car that is extremely uncomfortable to drive, and basically not be happy with it. with so many parts out there, its easy to mix and match parts and end up with a mutt of a car, that drives like a mutt

270rwhp should be attainable with boltons, no problem. my '85 made 274rwhp with explorer GT40 heads, edelbrock intake, carb, roller rockers, e303 cam, and exhaust.

my '87 has a similar set-up.

my advice to you is to get a clear, concise goal with this car and stick to it. foxes have been made into factory original cars, show cars, road race cars, weekend warriors, and all-out drag cars. have a purpose in mind. if you combine parts and agendas, you'll end up with a car that is extremely uncomfortable to drive, and basically not be happy with it. with so many parts out there, its easy to mix and match parts and end up with a mutt of a car, that drives like a mutt

Right now I'm pretty sure we have settled on a weekend warrior. Something that can click off an 11 and drive home assume It don't break something.

The first major thing happening to the car is all the rust sanded down and primered. Then I'm going to start looking for some replacement body pieces.

My wife is not looking for show room quality. she looks for something that looks nice rumbles loud and can go fast. Something she can take out to car club on friday nights and not be ashamed.

Should I go to a Junkyard to get the gt40 heads or should I just buy them off CL or Ebay? I signed up on buckeyestangs it seemed like a pretty cool site.

I traded my katana.

It's not in the greatest shape body wise but it drives and such fine. Over all I don't think it was a bad deal. he had it listed for 3200. I had been offered at most 2800$ cash for my bike.

So for me it was a good deal since my bike has not been ridden this year really.

So when looking for a GT40 head/intake what do I look for at the junkyard? Anyone bored want to go with me and what should I expect to pay

thorne knows he will be the one to watch is when you do.

thorne when you wanna dig race that thign :)

I'm doubting it will be this year to be honest. It will be out for sure but it won't be anything fast until mid late next year I'm sure.

Guest Removed
I traded my katana.

It's not in the greatest shape body wise but it drives and such fine. Over all I don't think it was a bad deal. he had it listed for 3200. I had been offered at most 2800$ cash for my bike.

So for me it was a good deal since my bike has not been ridden this year really.

So when looking for a GT40 head/intake what do I look for at the junkyard? Anyone bored want to go with me and what should I expect to pay

pay stimmel to get it..he always finds this stuff :D

have him find you a steering shaft while hes there

the peddles are very close together but I think its going to end up getting a automatic next year.

Just want to make sure I understand this:

When you had an auto mustang, you wanted to do a 5.0 swap with a 5 speed.

Now that you have a 5.0 with a 5 speed, you want an automatic.

Right?

;)

Thorne I got your PM its nearly impossible to find gt40 heads in the junkyard all though somehow I always seem to but I very rarely do I have seen a couple pink engine ones at pick n pull but like mark said they wont sell it, ill keep an eye out for you.

whats wrong with the steering shaft in the car?

I started the unicorn up today for the first time this year. I am tired of seeing it sit. I need to get motivated and get it out again. I miss driving a car with 600+ ft lbs of torque to the tires.

Still havent seen this car, let me know if you are ever out in it, I want to catch up and see this. I really want to see the fit

can't you just take a can of spray paint, like silver, to the junkyard and hit the intake w/ that to cover up the pink, let it dry for like 30 min and buy that shit?

and i agree, fuck the auto

Guest Removed
AWesome I'll let him know.

I'm looking forward to hitting up a yard I've not been to a yard since I was 19 or so.

I'm confused about the heads thought it seems like I need new headers ?

with p heads you have to have the right headers..they work with some headers, but not all..

Just want to make sure I understand this:

When you had an auto mustang, you wanted to do a 5.0 swap with a 5 speed.

Now that you have a 5.0 with a 5 speed, you want an automatic.

Right?

;)

It's hard to put 400whp through the T5 =)

Thorne I got your PM its nearly impossible to find gt40 heads in the junkyard all though somehow I always seem to but I very rarely do I have seen a couple pink engine ones at pick n pull but like mark said they wont sell it, ill keep an eye out for you.

whats wrong with the steering shaft in the car?

Lots of play.

So I wonder what they would so If I spray painted it tehehe.