To anybody intending on buying the Honda 300ex in the corral

Rustlestiltskin

I drove up today after work to supposively buy it from Paul.

And for all the haters who aren't catching the big picture and still saying "who cares, its a $600 bike. I dont care if it has 2 wheels and smells like dried up semen as long as it runs." I hope you make plans and go to buy something one day 2-3 hrs away and show up to find its not what the buyer told you and that ur pissed you wasted money/time. He described it as a having some scrapes on plastic but runs good.Now if I knew about all the shit I found wrong about it ahead of time I wouldn't even have driven up or even shown interest in it. I only showed interest b/c of how he described it and got fucked in the end.

1)I borrowed a friends truck

2)Drove 4+hrs roundtrip

3)spent around $50 in gas

Just to find out the 4wheeler wasn't what he said it was.

Yes, he said the plastic had a couple zipties

Yes, the starter and key switch was a mod job.

Yes, it runs

Now I expected this to be kinda rough considering it was $600 but...

After wasting my afternoon/evening drive up to buy it I find out

its a complete ragged out atv.

What buyers didn't know:

-The whole front plastics are all ziptied. I wouldn't be suprised you snag one tree branch while riding and the whole front end is left behind.

-all the tires will need replaced. Unless ur drivin on gravel these are worthless.

-The engine leaks oil in 2 places which he did not disclose in the for sale thread. 1 leak is on the side of the top end of the engine(cam seal), the other is around the oil plug screw underneath.

-The front end needs new wheel bearings and bushings. They're worn out

-the back brakes need replaced.

-and the starter/key job is straight redneck engineering.

I mean yea, its a $600 atv. But $600 or $50, Its fucked up that I gotta find out the hard way and waste my money and time thinking i'm getting one thing and finding out its another. This wouldn't bother me at all if I lived 20 minutes down the road but I dont. I live fucking 2 hrs down the road. I told Paul I was upset that this wasn't even close to how he described and that I was pissed but whatever. Guess you learn the hard way. Next time I wont base buying a 4wheeler off of one myspace angle pic of it and not knowing all the shit wrong w/ it.

I've had 4wheelers/dirtbikes my whole life and In the end, If you want some $600 bike that you can ride a few times then leave it in the woods when it blows up/falls apart and not care about then this is for you.

Edited by Rustlestiltskin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
maybe you should have gotten more pictures of it before making the trip.

i wouldnt have expected a fellow CR member to be so shady in the original for sale ad though...if it was craigslist sure, but not here

its a 600 quad..what the fuck did you expect.

did you see the cluster fuck of a quad i got for 500? now thats a basket case.

Thats ur problem. He presented this bike like it would be fine to ride around with and that it didn't have any problems besides a lil looks. sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. That bike is beat. I wouldn't wanna go anywhere on that bike besides to the end of the driveway to get my mail in hopes it stays in one piece. And I wouldn't be as mad as I am If I did'nt live 2 hrs away and just lived in cbus. Then I coulda drove up in 15min. said "nah, i'm not buying that pile" and rolled. But no, I had to set up shit to find out the $600 bike wasn't all it was said to be.

Its not about the price of the bike, ITS THE PRINCIPLE about telling the buyer everything about what ur selling before driving fucking 2hrs in a borrowed truck and wasting ur evening and $50

its a 600 quad..what the fuck did you expect.

did you see the cluster fuck of a quad i got for 500? now thats a basket case.

I have to agree, $600 for a quad wouldn't lead me to beleive it's very nice. If it runs and drives okay, thats not so bad.

i wouldnt have expected a fellow CR member to be so shady in the original for sale ad though...if it was craigslist sure, but not here

Ive learned to not trust the word of others no matter who they are...I mean the shirt thing is a prime example oftrusting your fellow CR member...

I feel for you. I helped haul a 3rd Gen Camaro to Dayton / Cinci last week to trade for a "nice" Typhoon. Biggest hunk of shit you can picture.

Between getting the Camaro fixed, loaded, hauled, etc... probably 12 hours of my life gone b/c a half ghetto, half A&F fuck lied about the Typhoon.

Frustrating.

I gotta say though, for 600, I expect a pile.

wow a 4wheeler that is beat up a little last time I had any db or 4 wheelers brakes where cheap, plastics are cosmetic tires aren't even that much so maybe you should have bought it and put a few hundred more into it and have fun

I feel for you. I helped haul a 3rd Gen Camaro to Dayton / Cinci last week to trade for a "nice" Typhoon. Biggest hunk of shit you can picture.

Between getting the Camaro fixed, loaded, hauled, etc... probably 12 hours of my life gone b/c a half ghetto, half A&F fuck lied about the Typhoon.

Frustrating.

I gotta say though, for 600, I expect a pile.

I hear you except the way he talked this thing up it sounded like it just was a lil scraped up on the plastics and that it ran fine and did'nt have any problems. Now if I knew about all the shit I found wrong about it ahead of time I wouldn't even have driven up or even shown interest in it. I only showed interest b/c of how he described it.

I'm not pissed about how fucked up the bike is, i'm pissed that i drove all the way up to find out the bike was described completely diferent then what was shown in front of me

That sucks ide be upset about driving 2 hours one way but man why didn't u ask 100000 questions an ask for a tonnn of pictures as well. Its a 600 $ atv if it turns on its worth it.

I just for u to slander paul(not me the seller) he has alwayus been a good guy an I'm sure didn't mean for u to drive ways away for a well 600$ atv. Chalk it up as a loss an next time just ask more questions or don't be cheap an expect something amazing... goodluck man

Guest Removed
Thats ur problem. He presented this bike like it would be fine to ride around with and that it didn't have any problems besides a lil looks. sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. That bike is beat. I wouldn't wanna go anywhere on that bike besides to the end of the driveway to get my mail in hopes it stays in one piece. And I wouldn't be as mad as I am If I did'nt live 2 hrs away and just lived in cbus. Then I coulda drove up in 15min. said "nah, i'm not buying that pile" and rolled. But no, I had to set up shit to find out the $600 bike wasn't all it was said to be.

Its not about the price of the bike, ITS THE PRINCIPLE about telling the buyer everything about what ur selling before driving fucking 2hrs in a borrowed truck and wasting ur evening and $50

I hear you except the way he talked this thing up it sounded like it just was a lil scraped up on the plastics and that it ran fine and did'nt have any problems. Now if I knew about all the shit I found wrong about it ahead of time I wouldn't even have driven up or even shown interest in it. I only showed interest b/c of how he described it.

I'm not pissed about how fucked up the bike is, i'm pissed that i drove all the way up to find out the bike was described completely diferent then what was shown in front of me

still comes back to the fax....

600 obo (first thing in my mind is this is a pile of shit, and it will need work, but oh fucking well)

i would have been the one to show and say i'll give you $300(or how ever pissed off i was for driving that far, like you $50)

and too your main posts edit, i am a hater. believe that. i drove clear to SC! to look at a rust free 68 fastback. Ha.....not with a stop sign passenger floor pan a a rhino lined under side did i tell the guy i would only give him a $500 for his $5000 asking price. hell i couldnt find a 68 shell for $5000. but my dumb ass expected to find a rust free car.hell the whole car was rust, and all they did was try to hide it! thats WHENS TO BE PISSED OFF.

IMO, the quad runs. and it moves. yes its beat. but its 600 OBO. at this point its who ever offers most will get it. yes its going to need work. its a $600 pos. weather its posted on CL or here. its not like he said its prefect in every way. he clearly said the starter was rigged! i beat 50% of it or more is.

edit: guess its a good thing i do quad and dirt bike repairs

That sucks ide be upset about driving 2 hours one way but man why didn't u ask 100000 questions an ask for a tonnn of pictures as well. Its a 600 $ atv if it turns on its worth it.

I just for u to slander paul(not me the seller) he has alwayus been a good guy an I'm sure didn't mean for u to drive ways away for a well 600$ atv. Chalk it up as a loss an next time just ask more questions or don't be cheap an expect something amazing... goodluck man

I expected the bike to be how he described it. THATS why I am upset. ONE phone call could've prevented all of this. I asked him tons of questions along with "what are all the defects,problems with this bike" and was not told about what I found out today on the bike. Waste of fucking 4hrs of driving and $50 in gas along with setting up arrangements to borrow a friends truck.

I can understand being angry but making this thread is kind of a dickhead move. You could had easily stated in the for sale thread that the bike was in worse condition than the owner was telling.

The forsale thread got locked up before I got home AND I wanted ppl to know what kind of shady shit this is