In San Diego...What to do...

Sully

I'm in SD for work right now. I was suppose to leave this coming Saturday, but just found out yesterday that they are extending my stay until next Friday. I don't have to work this Saturday or Sunday, so I'm looking for stuff to do. I am staying at the Doubletree Inn on Carmel Valley Rd. On Saturday, I am probably going to take the 101 North for a while, then come back down and stop at a few places to take some cool scenery pics. I will then probably hit up a beach Saturday evening. What beach should I go to?

What else can I do over the weekend while I'm here? The Chargers are in Atlanta this weekend then won't play at home until next Friday, which is when I leave. So, I won't get to visit that stadium. The Padres are in ATL this entire weekend as well, but play at home against the Nationals on Monday, so I might hit up that stadium after work on Monday.

I know Sea World is a big thing out here, but at approximately $80 per ticket, I'm not doing that.

My passport is at home, somewhere. So, TJ is out of the question.

I know there's a few people here that either grew up in SD or were stationed in SD, so I ask you, what should I do over the weekend? Where do I need to go?

Thanks,

Sully

Cue paul soon

:asshole:

click here for some ideas as well

http://www.localwally.com/

well are you alone on this buisness trip?there some off shore wale watchign or off shore fishing vessles that take peopel to go fish for cheap.

if you like hicking there are plenty of mountains where you can

swimming/surfing on the beach.

the nightlife is amazzzzzing but i see your old so i dont know :p

augest starts the desert season so every onie brings there atv/dirtbikes/sand rails/trucks out to the desert to off road. there are plenty of places where you can rent a 4 wheeler an go offroading for the day. its about a 2 hour drive to the anza borego desert. place called ocotillo wells.

there is t he sea world(which you can find wayyy cheaper tickets online or atstores) wild animal park(its like a zoo but the animals have a larrrrrgeee are to free rome. one of the biggest in the world) an also the famous san diego zoo.

there areplenty of stuff just to walk threw an see like balboa park, old town sandiego, gas lamp district. check out that site i gave y ou an other sites to give you some other pointers. as well goodluck enjoy your stay i was just there two weeks ago

I lived in so cal for most my life, plus I use to come out there for work somtimes 8-10 times a year another good spot to take pictures and stuff would be at oceanside harbor, san diego harbor, oceanside peir, old hill street by the beach, camp pendleton would be a cool place to visit. Just drive the whole coast line from san Diego to oceanside untill camp pendleton you will find alot of stuff to do.

I lived in so cal for most my life, plus I use to come out there for work somtimes 8-10 times a year another good spot to take pictures and stuff would be at oceanside harbor, san diego harbor, oceanside peir, old hill street by the beach, camp pendleton would be a cool place to visit. Just drive the whole coast line from san Diego to oceanside untill camp pendleton you will find alot of stuff to do.

leme guess you wer active military at pendleton or mirimar? lol i could always tell when the military got back from a big active tour... cause oceanside would be FLOODED with them ha

I use to live in 29 palms for a few years in the high desert, near palm springs . When I was younger I begged to get any off road bike/rail/atv but it never happend. All my friends in socal are tatted up, crazy , desert rats
:bangbang: i was lucky enough to have some sand toys an was a true desert rat. dam i miss partying out in the desert too

Great restaurants and clubs in the Gaslamp district. The SD zoo and wild animal park are awesome. The air and space museum is weak.

Hit TJ and go to Revolution St. buy a fake rolex, cuban cigars and plenty of Louis Vuitton.

You should go to the Hotel Del Coronado that is a great place to see and learn about the history. It is also a good place to eat and watch the sun go down. the Pac Fleet is stationed there, so drive down toward the piers and look at the ships.

Eat here

The beaches in Del Mar are great, but the water is cold and too much sea weed for me. Check out some of the houses in La Jolla. Big bucks in La Jolla.

If you like coffee go to Panakin or Swamis Sorry, I couldn't find Swami's but it's across from the Self Realization Fellowship Temple which is also kind of neat if you are there. It has some pretty neat gardens and ponds and goes right up to the cliffs. Swami's also has pretty good food.

Torey Pines State Park is fun if you like to hike. You can hike down to the beach. Some place near there is a place to go hang gliding. It's fun to sit and watch them, and maybe (not 100% sure) you can do a tandem ride thing. There is a nice beach just north of the state park too.

Coronado is pretty cool. We went and saw this really old Hotel called the Hotel Del (Coronado) there which has had a bunch of presidents stay at it and is supposedly haunted.

San Diego Natural History Museum... we went there but mostly only to see the Dead Sea Scrolls (they were there on a traveling exhibit) so we didn't see much of the rest of the museum.

When I went years ago they sucked. Honolulu and Centerville, Illinois were better.

they sure are great when you see the hottest/most popular girl back in high school up there stripping :bangbang: happen to me last week when i was back in sandiego visiting

they sure are great when you see the hottest/most popular girl back in high school up there stripping :bangbang: happen to me last week when i was back in sandiego visiting

Was it Chris Roc that said "Fathers only have one job raising a little girl, keep her off the pole."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tojBadSr2zI

Im a desert rat at heart I spent alot of my young life running around that sand pit. Why dont we just quit our jobs and just buy some old meth lab house and buy a few sand toys and ride out there. My bestfriend has a house down in ventura he is always wanting me to move back out. I just have too much shit out here and my job, plus living cost suck .

Just an update...

Went to La Jolla Cove Friday night at sunset. Freaking awesome!

Ate at Crab Catchers there in La Jolla. Spent $78 for dinner just for myself and was still hungry, but it was good. Then went over to The Living Room for a bit. Didn't realize it was a hookah bar until after I got a beer. Drank the beer and left. That place wasn't my thing.

Saturday morning I drove up the 101 all the way up to Oceanside and walked out on the pier. I went back to the hotel and spent a few hours at the hotel pool, then went to dinner at Claim Jumper. The food there was freaking awesome and I left completely stuffed.

This morning, I went to Pacific Beach, rented a body board. Had a blast on the waves. The ungodly amount seaweed there was disgusting! I kept getting wrapped up in it. Had lunch there in PB at Hooters. Now I'm just chilling in the hotel room. I'm totally wore out, but had a great weekend.

Now I just need to make it through these next 4 days of work and come back home.