No Heat, No AC, No Air... Nothing :(

Main3s

So I have absolutly no air, hot or cold coming from my car. It just decided to one day stop working. Anyone here got the hook up on car heating and cooling. It didn't bother me much the past couple months becuase the weather has been mild, but when I left for work this morning and it was 58* out, I was a little chilly and only had the heated seat to warm me. The car is an 01 Pontiac Grand Prix so if anyone could help or knows of good place to get work done, I'd appericate it.

Oh... So the blowers are really easy to replace and what you're saying is that I'm lazy. :D I get it, well in that case I'll start looking for a blower and I checked the fuses they were good, it's never the simple things with my car.

Yeah the motor is under the glove box. I'm pretty sure you just need to pull out the glove box and the carpeting behind it and it's right there.

Answer the question. Does it even kick on? If it does it might be something else. If it's blowing and nothing is coming out it's something else.

blower motor resistors are more common than a blower and can cause the issue when the connector melts. i have done alot of these, easy to check too. try and unplug the connector, if it comes apart look at the end for melting. if you don't see any check power and ground and pull the resistor out, you'll need a 5.5mm socket.

blower motor resistors are more common than a blower and can cause the issue when the connector melts. i have done alot of these, easy to check too. try and unplug the connector, if it comes apart look at the end for melting. if you don't see any check power and ground and pull the resistor out, you'll need a 5.5mm socket.

if it just stopped one day I would say a electrical problem.. they usually scream and things before they blowers just quit but they are known to go bad on gps

Guest Removed

this

Agreed.

If it's not blowing out at all, it's most likely the resistor. Common issue on these cars. Have you tried all the speed settings? For some reason my friend's 01 GP, nothing will come out, except when you turn the dial all the way up to high it will actually work.

Guest Removed

check the resistor.. unbolt it and pull it out..

will will see the burns in it.

and some of these like to melt the harness aswell. that would be another sign of fail

Agreed.

If it's not blowing out at all, it's most likely the resistor. Common issue on these cars. Have you tried all the speed settings? For some reason my friend's 01 GP, nothing will come out, except when you turn the dial all the way up to high it will actually work.

thats the blower motor resistor as well. the high blow relay is part of it and bypasses the resistor to run full speed. replace the resistor.