Stolen: White Scion xB

NWill

Although I'm sure it's long gone by now, my white Scion xB was stolen from in front of my parents house in Worthington. It has a few dents on the outside as well as the left half of the rear bumper missing. It was stolen between 5:30am and 7:00am today. What is even better is I had just finished moving my stuff back from my apartment on campus and hadn't emptied it yet. Dumb idea but it was late when I finished and had to work early. Anyway, let me know if you see anything. Thanks

Oh yeah, it was an 05. (the boxier style)

Good luck.

But just curious, how does one steal a newer car like this? I mean don't most newer cars have security features preventing someone with a screwdriver from starting a car?

I thought there were like chips or some codes in the keys nowadays that a car had to recognize in order to start, otherwise it was locked out?

Good luck.

But just curious, how does one steal a newer car like this? I mean don't most newer cars have security features preventing someone with a screwdriver from starting a car?

I thought there were like chips or some codes in the keys nowadays that a car had to recognize in order to start, otherwise it was locked out?

Believe it or not, my Envoy Denali that listed for $38,000 new doesn't have a coded key. However our $23,000 G6 did??

Only reason is because it was full of his shit. No other reason to steal one.

That's my guess. My brother's '87 Corvette was sitting 20 yards away in the driveway with the windows down for some reason (Not that this happens regularly to potential thieves). The car was located near Worthingway Middle School. Thanks for looking out.

Edit. I don't have any pictures of the car. Just look for a box with 1/2 of a rear bumper. I know it's a long shot at this point but who knows.

That's my guess. My brother's '87 Corvette was sitting 20 yards away in the driveway with the windows down for some reason (Not that this happens regularly to potential thieves). The car was located near Worthingway Middle School. Thanks for looking out.

Edit. I don't have any pictures of the car. Just look for a box with 1/2 of a rear bumper. I know it's a long shot at this point but who knows.

I'll keep an eye out for it too. Got a plate number maybe?

if it was a Repo. wouldn't the police have been able to tell him that when he called to report it stolen?

yep they are required to call and tell the police that the vehicle has just been repod and so are trucks that impound for parking. but does it always happen...no