New bike advice

Dubguy85

Don't know what to get...Don't know how much a 1000 is worth extra, or if I want it over a 750, and don't know which year to get... Here are the options

2007 CBR 1000rr Repsol bike with 2000 miles $8500

2006 GSXR 750 with 2000 miles (maroon and black) $6700

2008 GSXR 750 with ZERO miles (All black) $8400

2008 ZX10r with Zero miles (All black) $9300

OR http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1005916335.html

But he changed plastics and doesn't have title...

Or something along those lines...

Any suggestions?

Obviously if I had unlimted funds, I would get something brand new and whatever I wanted...But the 06 for 6700 is a good deal, but not my fav color, and not sure if I want a 750, and not sure if i want an 06...HAHA...so I'm just trying to way all my options!

Edited by Dubguy85

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like the maroon and black personally. I am biased towards Honda but loved the 07 body and the repsol will get you looks all day long. I say spend the extra with the repsol edition because you dont see many out there and who doesnt like the race replica paint scheme?

If cost is a concern, that maroon 750 is the way to go. The color is hideous, but to each their own.

Personally, I'd get a 750. There isn't a guy on here that rides street that can remotely use a 1000 to it's potential. 750s are the best street bike and for that matter, a REALLY great track choice.

I'd go for the newer 750... You'll NEVER be left behind when riding with the liter bikes.

If liter bikes is what you want, the ZX10 is heads and shoulders above the CBR. The CBR is graphics and that's it. It handles nice, though and is very tame for a 1000...

If you do a lot of two up riding, the 1000s might be a better choice. If that's the case, the ZX10s seat blows ass chunks. The CBR would be the best choice for that deal...

Thanks so far guys! Yea the maroon and black isn't my fav color on the gsxrs.... I also am not a fan of the gsxr when the rear seat cowl is off...They look terrible! But cowl on, I love it!

Yea...Price is def an issue...I mean...An extra 3000 between some of them...

Should I be worried that he changed plastics? And also doesn't have the title in hand?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1005916335.html

nah, I wouldn't worry about either. The bike looks clean as hell so I wouldn't worry about the plastics. Selling the bike before its paid off isn't that uncommon. Only thing I'd do is work with the bank directly. Ask to see his last monthly statement with the bike's loan balance (making sure the price you're paying will pay off his loan and get you a title from the bank), then pay the bank directly. Have the bank cut him a check for whats left (if anything)

I am a cruiser guy with very little advise other than the one with new plastic and no title was probably wrecked and salvaged. It is a real @%@# to convert a salvage title to a "real title". I ride a 900 Kaw and my girlfried a Honda 750 but the 750 is plenty of bike unless you 2 up a lot. Good riding and be safe.

haha..oh yea? Whats pay off?

custom paint.

carbon front fender, heel and chain guard.

powerbronze double bubble

pitbull 520 kit +2

billet gas cap

intergrated mirrors with shaved signal holes.

powercaoted wheels, rear sets, triple trees brake/cluth levers

solo seat

micron exhaust

c/a taillight

renthal grips

gsg sliders

+ whatever else i cant remember right now and the MOST SEXY EXHAUST TONE U EVER HEARD!

Edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5

custom paint.

carbon front fender, heel and chain guard.

powerbronze double bubble

pitbull 520 kit +2

billet gas cap

intergrated mirrors with shaved signal holes.

powercaoted wheels, rear sets, triple trees brake/cluth levers

solo seat

micron exhaust

c/a taillight

renthal grips

gsg sliders

+ whatever else i cant remember right now and the MOST SEXY EXHAUST TONE U EVER HEARD!

I want it but have no expendable money for another bike. Sounds so sexy