Christians vs. Atheists - for you JRmiiiiiiiiiii

SAMBUSA

So is this a bad spot for the old joke...an Athiest dies and asks is it hot in here or is it just me?

Pascal the mathematical genius who cursed us with calculus and trigonometry one put it like this -

If God is real and I believe in him and live like he's real then I live well down here and have an eternally good gig.

If God is not real and the Bible is just a good moral book then I live well here and I'm not out anything after death.

If God is real and I choose to not believe in him, even if I live a good life then I run the risk of being deemed not worthy of the eternally sweet gig.

If God is not real and I choose not to believe in him then I lose nothing.

Its up to you really. If you have a spiritual meeting with God, he helps you live more towards the potential he made you for and you believe Hell is real and choose to let others know, then good for you. If you're a complete jerk about it then you'll probably offend more then you'll persuade. Same goes for the other side.

If you have ever been told that God is real and its a good idea to investigate further and you choose not to you have a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong. Eternity is a long time to be wrong, but its your choice.

Edited by magifesq

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this a bad spot for the old joke...an Athiest dies and asks is it hot in here or is it just me?

Pascal the mathematical genius who cursed us with calculus and trigonometry one put it like this -

If God is real and I believe in him and live like he's real then I live well down here and have an eternally good gig.

If God is not real and the Bible is just a good moral book then I live well here and I'm not out anything after death.

If God is real and I choose to not believe in him, even if I live a good life then I run the risk of being deemed not worthy of the eternally sweet gig.

If God is not real and I choose not to believe in him then I lose nothing.

Its up to you really. If you have a spiritual meeting with God, he helps you live more towards the potential he made you for and you believe Hell is real and choose to let others know, then good for you. If you're a complete jerk about it then you'll probably offend more then you'll persuade. Same goes for the other side.

If you have ever been told that God is real and its a good idea to investigate further and you choose not to you have a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong. Eternity is a long time to be wrong, but its your choice.

Except Pascal was kind of an idiot. Pascal's wager only assumes a)God or b) no God. What he over looks is a) God b) Shiva c) Zeus ... and on and on.

I imagine another god might be more pissed at the person worshiping the wrong god, than the atheist who chose not to worship any based on little to no evidence.

So you have a 1/upteenbajillion chance of being right or wrong. If your going to choose, you better choose the right one.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

here this is better than my first reply wich was TITS and beer !! bwahahahaha

First, I was raised Catholic went to private Catholic and lutherin schools my whole life. Went to more church sevices and studdied more scripture than anyone I know. I don't know what exactly I believe now. I was having this simular coversation with my employee's at work yesterday. I was told that the earth is only a few thousand years old ?? Is the earth flat also ?? How can I believe anything if I roll with this. where did all the oil come from if there wasn't some sort of mass extintion ? . Or coal for that matter ?? Where did the grand Canion come from ? Mountain ranges, a diamond ?

There is soooo much that science has PROVED ! Most of this shit is fact and not theory anymore. The more you learn about science and physics, the more it just don't fly ?

I think most religions were put togeather by verry wise and insitefull people that understood that left to our own demise, we would destroy ourselves. It's to keep us in check. He's gonna find out who's naughty or nice !!! Same shit we threatin our children with...LOL Every civization that has gotten to a certain level of so called advanced technology , Then thier never heard from again ( egyptions, myah,inca's semarians , exc.), Noone knows where they went or even how they accomplished certain feats, even thier own decendants. It usualy coinsides with the depletion of thier natural resorces overpopulating small area's and creating desease and the lack of general concern for you fellow man, that contributed to thier demise ?? We are overpopulated !!! nature attacks any species if they are overpopulated, by disease , and usualy it's in the reproductive system someway, and madness. We are constanly seeing animal adaptaion, even in our own lifetimes ?? BUT STILL LOOKING FOR SOME MISSING LINK ???

They put goats in heards of sheep so they don't walk right off cliffs ! Think for yourselves & Look up and watch where the fuck your going your going ! Baaaaaaaaaaaaa

I am not a christain

I am not a athiest

I am not a butist

I am not a muslim

I am a REALIST !!

Edited by Catman

And here is a pelethra of so calld proof of Creation ?? This gentenman was an athiest and amazing scientist and set out to disprove Creation, but in turn proved himself wrong ?? hahahha

http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers#/topic/age-of-the-earth

If anyone wants to pick my post appart here is all the info you need, but don't just quote him, or I'll GETCHA !! LOL

Oh and war and Religion are two verry big buisnesses !!

anyone been to the Creation museum by the airport ??