Sunday 9/27 motorcycle excursion

Doc1647545523

Updated 7 p.m. Saturday evening

It's hard to plan a trip everyone can enjoy! :p

Josh (Ford 351 Lightning) is bringing 3 other riders from (almost) Lancaster for this and wants to leave at 11 for a 3-6 hour trip, but Chad needs to be back for a 3 p.m meet. Also, it's a mix of sport bikes and supermotards.

Here's what I've come up with:

Meet at 10:15 a.m. Sunday at the corner of Glick Road and Riverside Dr.(SR 257), south of the old entrance to the Columbus Zoo. This is the east side of the O'Shannassy Resorvoir. There is an abandoned building on the east side of the road, and the parking is very easy to see from any direction. I believe the building used to be the Wyandotte Inn. [Josh: 10121 Riverside Drive, Powell, Ohio] We should be rolling by 10:30 a.m. at the latest.

We'll follow the River into Delaware County, head west to around Mad River Ski Resort, explore a castle (leg stretching & restroom break for those too afraid to go into the castle :eek: ), then head back towards Columbus. If time allows and if people want to, we can do some photography of you coming around the curves near the Ohio Caverns. Bring your own camera if you want to do this; I won't be carrying one.

A turnoff near Marysville will allow people like Chad to turn down US Route 33 and head towards I-270 to get back to Columbus by 2 p.m.

If you want, you can follow me from Marysville and take US 36 east to Delaware and take a refreshment break at my garage, maybe head off for some late lunch. I'm willing to ride along with you to whatever point from which you know your way home. For most, it will be either I-270 or I-71.

Except for the outerbelt around Marysville (which is multi-lane highway), this route stays on county roads or rural highways. No gravel or dirt. Ride your own ride. I won't let you get lost (since I'm probably the slowest anyway). Don't show up with an empty tank and make the group stop after 10 miles! :gtfo:

Questions? PM me or call 740-405-5565.

Edited by Doc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are bound to be a few curbs along whichever route we take, so it would be way too dangerous for you.

Now go play outside in the rain. This is grown-up talk in here.

That was a "once in a lifetime" thing as I believe they call it.

After experiencing firsthand that objects in motion tend to stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force, I think towards more cement will be the last place that I would go. ;)

Today (Saturday) looks like it's going to stay pretty wet, but Sunday promises to be slowly clearing and 60-75 degrees. I'll be riding for sure. The leaves haven't started turning much, but it's still a beautiful, verdant Arcadia in some of these local parts.

I haven't had the best luck at getting CR people together for rides, but I thought I'd test the waters for some ideas. I've got good routes to the following:

1) Hocking Hills (6 hrs)

2) Holmes County-Amish Country (5 hrs.)

3) a western Ohio tour with many surprises and some rural twisties (3 hrs.)

4) a riverside tour to Prospect, then back across Alum Creek (90 mins)

Meetup can be at:

1) Columbus Zoo near the dam

2) Polaris Sonic

3) Hearty breakfast in Delaware (I'll buy)

Suggested departure times:

8 a.m.

9 a.m.

10 a.m.

Any interest? If so, post your vote. We'll finalize late tonight and head off in the morning. :burn:

doc im in let me know what the final plans are.

I am game.

glad to see your gonna get the bike out. last time we spoke u said u havent had it out at all lol

I've got a Fiero meet at 3pm so, if the final route gets us back before then, I will be in.

really if you dont go ill take the r1 ouit for ya......... not joking lol :) ?

doc im in let me know what the final plans are.

glad to see your gonna get the bike out. last time we spoke u said u havent had it out at all lol

really if you dont go ill take the r1 ouit for ya......... not joking lol :) ?

I have to change the oil and put the new levers on in the morning before we go.

your slow.

just cause lol

:asshole:

ha you never set up a time for me to drag you down Trails with my 600.

Looks like me an paul will make a side trip to mexico so he can get walked:eek:

o and doc- i sent you a PM

i have 3 other

me--supermoto/or600rr

buddy1--gsxr1000

buddy2--sv1000r

buddy3--ninja 250

Well, the bad news is that it is still raining in Delaware and Columbus as of 7:30 a.m. Sunday. :(

The good news is that the area we're riding into is now dry, and there are clearing skies to the west. There is still sunshine in the forecast for today by 11 a.m. :)

I'm still in favor of sticking to the original plan. Postponing it by a few hours would decrease the chance of wet roads, but would exclude at least one rider.

Dover, your bike would be fine on this route. This isn't full of tight turns like Hocking Hills; it's mostly gentle rolling hills and a few sweepers, with fewer than a dozen sharp turns.

I'll check this thread again by 8:30 a.m., but after that I won't be near a computer, so you'll need to call my cell 740-405-5565 for any updates.