Finally got the bimmer done and tuned alil

Sam1647545489

Well after a wild 5 months in dealing with RPM Transmissions and them not sending the correct parts, IPS was finally able to finish up the auto swap. I was upset it took this long but IPS did a great job in keeping me updated and once RPM got their heads out of their asses and sent the correct stuff, then IPS finished it up in no time. If you dont know, I took out the old T5 5 speed out of the car and swapped in a auto 3 speed c4 manual valve.

Tonight, I took the car to Dynotune to have Brian tune it for me. He did a great job on the car. I started off really low in hp number running on just gate pressure (5psi). Car made I think about 290rwhp. Seemed low but I know this auto is sucking up some power. Brian did his tuning magic and we ended at 11psi. Car was getting really hot on the trans and we think it wasnt putting enough load on the car to make much more boost. So I told Brian lets get it tuned with what we got and leave it for now. So at 11psi we got it to 395rwhp/405rwtq. The air/fuel is dead on and the graph looks good. It is a flat line on the hp side once it comes into full boost. There is alot more to go with it but I called it a night tonight. Took it out on the street and it feels just as fast as before if not faster.

So Thanks to IPS for a great install and Dynotune for a great tune. Brian I will be back for more boost and more tuning. Hopefully another 60-70rwhp is obtainable. :)

Last yrs numbers were 500rwhp on 16# of boost through a T5 for comparison.

Whats your first impression with the auto swap, like it?

Well I liked it alot more. The car seems to just keep motivating as the speed picks up. You never feel like it stopped pulling for that split second that you have to shift gears. Depending on work, I am gonna try to make Kilkare on thursday. I would be happy with anything faster then a 11.40. With the old setup and 16# it ran a 11.50@130. I couldnt bang 2nd but it is what it is. Now I with the auto it feels like it just pulls all the way through the whole run. I think tire size is gonna be my only downfall.

How are you liking that new fuel system? Hopefully I'll get to see this car at D42.

I love it, I do not have to worry about ever running out of fuel, just gotta worry about injector. Tommy from IPS did a great job on it. Also Tank fabbed up a amazing little scoop to catch the cold air to force it onto the trans cooler.