My new Wrist Whip

Diamonds

Watch Geek Here! I wear one every day.

I get comments daily on my watches. People always ask me "what watch are you rocking today" or "get any new watches lately"

The Wrist Whips:

Breitling 806 AOPA Navitimer, Circa 1959

Breitling Chrono Avenger Dual Time

Invicta Grand Diver, 1000ft WR, model 3044

Invicta Force Lefty Chronograph, model 3330

Poljot Blue Angels Flight Chronograph, caliber 3133

Seiko Chronograph, model 7T32 - 7A89

Skagen Oversized Titanium Chronograph

Swiss Legend Commander Chronograph "Rubber Ducky"

Swiss Legend Tungsten Chronograph

32 Degrees Arctic Swiss Chronograph (latest purchase, see pic below)

http://www.thirty-twodegrees.com/32degree/uploads/modelimages/10877-S.jpghttp://www.thirty-twodegrees.com/32degree/uploads/modelimages/10877-F.jpg

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking watch. I don't know that I would ever drop that on a watch, but maybe one day money will fall out of the sky and land next to me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

To be honest, spending 4-5k on a nice watch that will last a lifetiem is a deal considering the quality that comes with it. Besides, it's not nearly as expensive as a watch with a real tourbillon or non-chinese minute repater, those cost (base) 60k.

Watch Geek Here!

I get comments daily on my watches. People always ask me "what watch are you rocking today" or "get any new watches lately"

The Wrist Whips:

Breitling 806 AOPA Navitimer, Circa 1959

Breitling Chrono Avenger Dual Time

Invicta Grand Diver, 1000ft WR, model 3044

Invicta Force Lefty Chronograph, model 3330

Poljot Blue Angels Flight Chronograph, caliber 3133

Seiko Chronograph, model 7T32 - 7A89

Skagen Oversized Titanium Chronograph

Swiss Legend Commander Chronograph "Rubber Ducky"

Swiss Legend Tungsten Chronograph

32 Degrees Arctic Swiss Chronograph

I will eventually get a vintage Navi as well (AOPA too actually), they are amazing.

But before then I will probably get a Corum.

Farkas, Tissot are pretty nice and fairly cheap considering you can get an automatic for sub 1000.00 dollars. Deffinitely good quality.

Farkas, Tissot are pretty nice and fairly cheap considering you can get an automatic for sub 1000.00 dollars. Deffinitely good quality.

I love my Tissot.. had it for 5-6 years now and haven't had any problems. I actually bought it in Switzerland when I went last and got a pretty good deal on it, but still looks great. I opted out of the automatic ones just because they didn't have a style I was so much attracted to. I love black faced, simple, bold looking watches..

Exact one I have:

http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/835/387/51/o_vZdVCy0SOPm86lB.jpg

This is probably going to take the place of my current though: Tissot PRC200

http://www.righttime.com/TISSOT/PRC200/t17158652.jpg

I love my Tissot.. had it for 5-6 years now and haven't had any problems. I actually bought it in Switzerland when I went last and got a pretty good deal on it, but still looks great. I opted out of the automatic ones just because they didn't have a style I was so much attracted to. I love black faced, simple, bold looking watches..

Exact one I have:

http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/835/387/51/o_vZdVCy0SOPm86lB.jpg

This is probably going to take the place of my current though: Tissot PRC200

http://www.righttime.com/TISSOT/PRC200/t17158652.jpg

FYI, that PRC200 is quartz. I don't know if that matters or not to you. I just wanted to let you know bro'ski. It's still cool looking as heck though!

FYI, that PRC200 is quartz. I don't know if that matters or not to you. I just wanted to let you know bro'ski. It's still cool looking as heck though!

Aha, yes! I'm well aware of this. To me, it doesn't matter as much as it may to you, but I wanted a very nice looking timepiece that wouldn't cost me a fortune, and could still be worn daily. The fact that it has a Sapphire crystal face is what matters most to me aside from the looks and general quality of the watch.

Aha, yes! I'm well aware of this. To me, it doesn't matter as much as it may to you, but I wanted a very nice looking timepiece that wouldn't cost me a fortune, and could still be worn daily. The fact that it has a Sapphire crystal face is what matters most to me aside from the looks and general quality of the watch.

By all means bro, the watch looks very unique! Deff. a cool watch! I never segregate due to price, a sweet watch is asweet watch. I like a lot of those swiss legend watches and they arent too terribly expensive!!

you shoudl look up a brand called Bathys, that is the freshest/simplistic shit i've ever seen!

Since we are showing off our time pieces...

I got this one for my 21st birthday from my dad.

Its a Swiss Military USS Seawolf Limited Edition 1 of 300 (Designed by Charmex)

(One on the far right)

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x224/hendrickchan/watch/argonaut02.jpg

Its a nice solid watch, has some weight to it. When I wear a watch I want to feel like I am wearing a watch and not a wristband.

no rolex no care

Rolex no care.

Overpriced and tired designs from the 50's-60's.

My 2nd Breitling was a performance reward from my job, and was given a dollar figure to pick out a watch. I spent about 5 minutes looking at the Rolex line-up. No thanks.

It's easy to mistake a Seiko, Citizen, or other Japanese watches for a Rolex, from 5 feet away. They all have identical case designs. Shit, I've had my Invicta Grand Diver mistaken for a Rolex WHEN THE GUY SITTING IN BETWEEN US, HIS BEST FRIEND, IS ALWAYS WEARING A ROLEX! "You have a Rolex too?"

Edited by Rotarded

no rolex no care

^^^ that's a cop-out for the uneducated...we find this many time in cars too, like on my350z.com ("if it's not a volk wheel, we are ignorant to liking it")

Rolex is had....

Rolex designs are boring....

Rolex doesn't make a watch 45mm+ Case

It's funny, everyone jocks Rolex because its a memorable brand and synonymous with high-class...

But when you walk into the Diamond Cellar you take one trip by the Rolex counter and think to yourself.. "gee, this looks boring and like everything they sell at Walmart"... then you walk over and look at the Breitling counter, Corum Display, and Panerai display and say "well, i've never heard of this stuff but it seems WAY more unique, nice, and young-minded. Have you even heard of Corum and Panerai?

I dare you to try this (no hostility, just a dare)... walk into the DC and check out all the watches and then tell me that you think Rolex is the winning brand there...!

But when you walk into the Diamond Cellar you take one trip by the Rolex counter and think to yourself.. "gee, this looks boring and like everything they sell at Walmart"... then you walk over and look at the Breitling counter, Corum Display, and Panerai display and say "well, i've never heard of this stuff but it seems WAY more unique, nice, and young-minded.

I dare you to try this (no hostility, just a dare)... walk into the DC and check out all the watches and then tell me that you think Rolex is the winning brand there...!

When I took my Navi into DC for the first time for a service (expensive as fuck, but it was almost 50 years old at the time), I had every salesperson on the second floor over to drool over the watch. Let's see that happen with a Rolex?

When I took my Navi into DC for the first time for a service (expensive as fuck, but it was almost 50 years old at the time), I had every salesperson on the second floor over to drool over the watch. Let's see that happen with a Rolex?

they probably inspect the rolex for 10 mins to make sure its not a fake.. seeings how Rolex is the msot copied watch otu there.. haha

BTW, how much did you spend on the servicing? BUSA (breitling USA) will do a complete overhaul of any Breitling watch for 500.00

BTW, how much did you spend on the servicing? BUSA (breitling USA) will do a complete overhaul of any Breitling watch for 500.00

The 30+ years in a drawer overhaul was 14 months in Switzerland, and $1200. Last years

cleaning was $400.

Irony:

I have Dad's original sales receipt from May 29th, 1959. The watch was $42.50 duty free in Germany.

Nice Watch indeed sir.

With all the knowledge in this thread, how is my Seiko Kinetic? I like it a lot and wear it frequently, it was a high school graduation gift from my grandma :).

I've been considering a "watch turner" of some kind to keep it charged well. I don't wear it a lot to class, which is what i'll be doing all winter. I've read good and bad things about them?

How large is the case on your Breitling, Bob?

I like the looks of larger cases myself, but all of the larger ones seem a bit cumbersome that I've tried on. I think mine is either a 41 or 42mm, I can't really remember.

48.8mm, and its 18mm thick

here are the specs...

http://www.gemnation.com/watches/Breitling-Super-Avenger-A1337011.C615-PRO2-1513.html

for you i'd probably max out at 44mm if you want big, the secret for big watces on small wrists (without them feeling clumsy) is to get only a 44-45 mm dial but make sure its a full face rather than a bezel face...

for instance... I also own this watch... its 45mm...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41aSHcC12gL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

buit it looks bigger than my 48mm super avenger because the actual dial is bigger whereas the breitling has a huge thick bezel.

http://www.2000watches.com/shop/image.php?image=breitling/a13370.white.ssprof.jpg

the same rules apply to wheels... and 18 inch TE37 (full face) looks larger than an 18 inch dish wheel..Plus, alot of companys make titanium watches too. very light. Corum makes quite a few Ti watches.

wow I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a watch....

being in sales I never have. all the nice watches I have either were gifts/rewards or paid for by a vendor through some type of contest :p My Ebel is my favorite. Sold a Rolex years ago and my Brit....is too bulkyfor my liking, but I wear it on special occasions where I can tolerate it for the night.

we used to joke around that Rolex and Brit along with Mount Blanc were overpriced for a reason...because vendors paid for them.

nice watch either way.

I tried taking close ups of my Carrera with Andy's camera and couldn't get crap to come out right, may have to hit you up for some close-ups of it.

DSLR...need a Macro lens. P&S and Bridge cameras have a much smaller sensor and thus a larger depth of field. However, they won't get the full 1:1 or greater that really defines macro. Some points of the image will be in focus, others not.

being in sales I never have. all the nice watches I have either were gifts/rewards or paid for by a vendor through some type of contest :p My Ebel is my favorite. Sold a Rolex years ago and my Brit....is too bulkyfor my liking, but I wear it on special occasions where I can tolerate it for the night.

we used to joke around that Rolex and Brit along with Mount Blanc were overpriced for a reason...because vendors paid for them.

nice watch either way.

yeah, Breitling has grown in popularity over the last 5 years but people still aren't privy to the "tier" that they are on. Very nice high end stuff.

Regardless, I like watches of all types and priceranges. I have watches that were 200 bucks (my michael Kors which i wear religiously(, my Triumph which was quite a bit more (and i love it to death), and there's my breitling, the nicest watch I own, which also makes me happy...

I dont' segregate...In fact, there is a 200-300 dollar citizen that's got a minute repeater on it... That is otherwise UNHEARD OF!!! Most Minute repeater watches cost 20k-50k .....It would be my next purchase if it were larger than 42mm...

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Citizen-Eco-Drive-Calibre-9000-Minute-Repeater_W0QQitemZ310170857779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWristwatches?hash=item48379fb133&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

^^^ that's a cop-out for the uneducated...we find this many time in cars too, like on my350z.com ("if it's not a volk wheel, we are ignorant to liking it")

Rolex is had....

Rolex designs are boring....

Rolex doesn't make a watch 45mm+ Case

It's funny, everyone jocks Rolex because its a memorable brand and synonymous with high-class...

But when you walk into the Diamond Cellar you take one trip by the Rolex counter and think to yourself.. "gee, this looks boring and like everything they sell at Walmart"... then you walk over and look at the Breitling counter, Corum Display, and Panerai display and say "well, i've never heard of this stuff but it seems WAY more unique, nice, and young-minded. Have you even heard of Corum and Panerai?

Bob. Great piece you got there. Enjoy it and wear it with pride.

+1 on your Rolex comments...with the exception being a Daytona. Daytona is like the holy grail watch for me. I will own one one day. I think it's Motorsports heritage is part of the draw. Nothing else they make does anything for me.

Andy

pshh step up your game son! Patek Phillipe is where its at brosef.

You say that because you have heard the name. Any patek w/o a Minute repeater or a Tourbillon is ridiculously overpriced. Besides, their designs are mainly based around leather strapped inspiration.

I wear military/dive/aviation wathces, they don't fit my style. Similarly, they do not fit my pricerange. I would NEVER spend 20-30k on a watch unless it was solid gold or had a tourbillon.... there's just NO POINT. the max I'll ever spend on a single watch would be 10k... otherwise if i were in the situation to buy a 30k watch i'd rather put a down payment on a supercar.

Its like buying a corvette instead of a lambo.

not quite, in terms of transportation...

most Tissot are more along the lines of a corvette

most tag heuer are more along the lines of a porsche

most breitling are more along the lines of a ferrari

and a Patek is more along the lines of a Private Jet

Don't forget, theres always Piguet.. that's like a small island...

Keep in mind, All these companies have broad price ranges. Hell, Breitling makes a 90k watch too you know? I think it's funny though, you compare Breitling to a corvette... yet they have had a signature line for Bentley Motors for over 20 years....