Columbus Blue Jackets 2009-2010 Season

TheHaze

I'm so psyched! I've been watching hockey the last couple days as the season has begin for a few other teams. The Jackets' home opener will be Saturday night. Anyone else going? Scott Howson has been way more active this off-season than MacLean was in nearly his whole CBJ career.

In preparation for the opener, I retired my inaugural season jersey as well as framed my signed Steve Mason jersey. So I picked up this:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/mikehaze_2006/PIC_0052.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really excited. My favorite time of the year. I'm really looking foward to see how Filatov starts to fit in. Also excited to see Stralman play, he's like a right-handed Kris Russell.

The shitty thing is, my 2 1/2 year old son is going to opening night and I'm not. lol His grandma is taking him.

I can't wait for the CBJ season to start. This should be one hell of a year, not just for the CBJ but just about everyone in the Western conference. It is going to be an exciting year.

Sadly, I won't even be able to watch or listen to the game tomorrow night.

In preparation for the opener, I retired my inaugural season jersey as well as framed my signed Steve Mason jersey. So I picked up this:

I think I may just get my signed Brassard jersey framed and pick up either a Kris Russell or a John Moore jersey. Or just get an away Brassard jersey too.

Leafs opener was really good... i was impressed with our fore checking but again, toskala sucks :( 12 secs left until a shoot out and habs score... bummer but atleast we got a point!

ill be watching the jackets tonight though.. :)

They need to throw Gustavsson in. That kid looks very Steve Masonish. Let him sink or swim. They have a lot of nice young talent, give them a few more years and I could see the Leafs back.

They need to throw Gustavsson in. That kid looks very Steve Masonish. Let him sink or swim. They have a lot of nice young talent, give them a few more years and I could see the Leafs back.

Absolutly right on the Gustavsson call but not so sure i'd agree on they're young talent. There are more talented young clubs out there than the leafs (ie, Columbus, St Louis, LA) But one thing is for sure the Leafs are gonna be a hard hitting club this year, lots of fights lots of checking. Hey they may lose alot this year but at least they'll be entertaining to watch right?

Can't wait! sucks im gonna miss the first game... whyyyy do people have to get married when cbj is playing? ugh.

Unless your IN the wedding, i would consider dipping out right after the "i do's"

I'll be at the Garage Bar (they sponsor my team so kinda gotta support the place) wearing my commodore shirt and drinking too much as usual ;)

GO JACKETS!

I'm so psyched! I've been watching hockey the last couple days as the season has begin for a few other teams. The Jackets' home opener will be Saturday night. Anyone else going? Scott Howson has been way more active this off-season than MacLean was in nearly his whole CBJ career.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/mikehaze_2006/PIC_0052.jpg

VERY NICE! Im always hesitant about buying an expensive jersey in case we end up trading the player in the near future but jake will stay for a while. Im really tempted to pick up a Brassard jersey. wtf does EVERYONE have to have a Nash jersey?

wtf does EVERYONE have to have a Nash jersey?

B/C he's the star, he's the most recognizable name on the team.

I hope they bring John Moore up for a few games this year. Last year when they did that with Filatov, they had a few Filatov jersey's for $50 less than normal. I'm hoping I can pick up a John Moore jersey.

Absolutly right on the Gustavsson call but not so sure i'd agree on they're young talent. There are more talented young clubs out there than the leafs (ie, Columbus, St Louis, LA) But one thing is for sure the Leafs are gonna be a hard hitting club this year, lots of fights lots of checking. Hey they may lose alot this year but at least they'll be entertaining to watch right?

Gustavsson had minor surgery lately so i think thats why they are sitting him... hopefully acquiring Phil Kessel will amount to something good too.

but yes.. very entertaining to watch :)

Jackets were pretty decent tonight. The D was definitely a step ahead of last season but the powerplay still needs some work. Klesla's show was phenomenal!

I hope they bring John Moore up for a few games this year. Last year when they did that with Filatov, they had a few Filatov jersey's for $50 less than normal. I'm hoping I can pick up a John Moore jersey.

I was saying the same thing to some friends tonight. I'm guessing he'll get 3-5 games in. I will be picking up a jersey as well sometime this season.

Typical wild/jackets game. alot of shutdown defense and a low score but at least we got the W. Umbie's shorthanded goal was a beuty, and rusty Klesla signing an extension before the game then making the game winning goal, very nice. Im excited about this season, we've never had a team so deep with which the game winning goal can litterally come from anyone and not just nash.

Tonight is going to show how much we are prepared for this season. Going into Vancover and playing a team that most people are picking to at least get to the Western conference finals and they are currently 0-2-0. So this will be a very big game.

Tonight is going to show how much we are prepared for this season. Going into Vancover and playing a team that most people are picking to at least get to the Western conference finals and they are currently 0-2-0. So this will be a very big game.

+1. Vsncouver wants/needs this one badly. Nash is playing better right now and Klesla scored again!

Luongo pulled after 3 goals on 3 shots in the 2nd. The guys we need to perform are stepping up. Now if I can just get Brassard to get me a few points for fantasy purposes, we'll be all good.

But with the Sedins out there you can never count this one as a win yet. Still 20 minutes left.

HUGE WIN. GO JACKETS!

Edited by verse

This is the line I've been dreaming of seeing.

Filatov-Brassard-Voracek

They don't seem to be a doing a ton yet, but I think this line could be deadly.

Brass has been silent so far (ok ok its only been three games but hell i expected something more i guess) but i was anxious to see how this line would play tonight. Either they sucked of the sharks are just THAT good. Maybe a little of both but those guys had nothing going. Mase getting pulled was a low point but honestly watching those goals against he had little to no defense so i wouldnt put that completely on his shoulders.

oh, and FUCK HEATLY!

Brass has been silent so far (ok ok its only been three games but hell i expected something more i guess) but i was anxious to see how this line would play tonight. Either they sucked of the sharks are just THAT good. Maybe a little of both but those guys had nothing going. Mase getting pulled was a low point but honestly watching those goals against he had little to no defense so i wouldnt put that completely on his shoulders.

oh, and FUCK HEATLY!

I thought the Jackets played more poorly rather then the Sharks playing that well. I think it mostly fell on defense, though. I'm glad that Garon at least got some playtime so perhaps he'll have less pressure when he makes a start.

Awesome game tonight. Garon was steady and solid, Nash didn't look so sluggish and the young guys were skating hard and smooth. Klesla lacked a little but wasn't too off.

3-1!! (...and the Jackets are theoretically 1st in Central Division) :D