What is this?

blue98ls1

My car started making a noise that sounded like a tin can being crunched, it only happened once in a while though so couldnt figure out what it was. Then anthony found this thing rattling around inside the bumper:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/random/downsize.jpg

Anyone know what this goes to? Pretty sure it is not something that was being used on the car as it seems to drive just fine, but kinda curious what it is. No part number, hose just says EPDM.

Guest Removed

well the bell housing has a big crack clear across the top..

and its seems the slave isnt disengaging the clutch..car is sitting here. brokedididid

i'll pull the trans out as soon as i find atleast the bell hosuing.

Guest Removed
Wow sounds like 30 passes each track day has taken a toll.

thats what i said..lol

ive broke t-5 housing the same way... but when they break, they shatter..lol

Guest Removed
Wow sounds like 30 passes each track day has taken a toll.

guess it would have helped if you put all the bolts back in the trans to bell housing, and the ones that where in it wasnt loose :gtfo:

guess it would have helped if you put all the bolts back in the trans to bell housing, and the ones that where in it wasnt loose :gtfo:

I guess that "ting ting ting" sound of a bolt falling off the car really was a bolt falling off the car..... Can you check the tranny mount to make sure its ok while your under there?

Guest Removed
Hey, you're the one that hired him as a "mechanic" :lol:

This car has been a fixer-upper since day 1. I'm glad no one else bought it with the "minor problems' listed in the original sale thread he listed :rolleyes:

yeah but i could fix shit before it left..lol

and it dont help any that the dowel pins that keep the trans located to the bell are missing too.

Guest Removed

we just got done...found the dowel pin that was missing from the front of the trans wedged on the clutch and pressure plate. im glad it didnt mess the clutch up.

put some new bolts in a few places, put new fluid in it, and its back up and shifting again..lol

damn that y pipe is a cock sucker :(

Hey. I explained it to Rob. I never had the tranny apart from the bell housing where the problem was. I removed the whole trans/bell housing as one piece. Evidently one of the previous owners before me had it apart there.

So I don't want to be blame for that mess up.

Guest Removed

im wondering why is has junk yard markings on top of the old bell and rearend...

but, the tin can noise you was hearing, was the dowel pin bouncing around inside the old bell.

then when the clutch wouldnt disengage, is when the pin found a home in the disc and pressure plate, locking them together.

Thats what i'm wondering. May account for the rear speed sensor. I'm guessing everything was either rebuilt or from a low mileage vehicle cause I never had any problems with it when I had it. And besides this incident I don't think they have either.

What do you mean? What about the rear speed sensor? The sensor is in there and Anthony tried replacing it.

With the ABS Inop/Brake lights. I just keep trying to recall if I saw a reluctor ring in the rear end when I changed the fluid but I can't remember for sure.

Guest Removed
What do you mean? What about the rear speed sensor? The sensor is in there and Anthony tried replacing it.

well that doesnt mean the ring is missing either, it could be a wiring issue. but if the ring is missing, then someone has changed the center carrier in it but the only way to know for sure is to pull the cover and look. more then likely needs a fluid change anyway.

Rob, Happen to see any reason why the reverse lights dont work?

not right off hand i didnt. every thing on it is plugged in.:confused: