Looks like I might be out of a job

wnaplay1647545503

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isnt about taking your employer to the bank...

And they should have insurance for this type of thing.

To the OP. I remember reading some stories from you about other people getting (almost?) seriously hurt or almost killed. NO job is unsafe, the job practices are unsafe. Any job can be safe (relatively speaking) if you have a the right training and procedures in place. You go seriously hurt and from the sounds of it I doubt they are taking it seriously. Not taking that seriously is going to kill someone. That's a shitty company that does not care about their workers or people in general more than their bottom line, not matter how you cut it. Don't feel sorry for them for expecting you to work in unsafe conditions/with unsafe procedures and not caring about you.

Oh and you cant sue your employer in ohio.

Who the fuck told you that? I'm going to guess not a lawyer (at least not a competent one and/or not one in this type of law). First, that statement is NEVER true. You can sue for anything, even if it has no legal standing. And it will go through at least some kind of hearings. Rules for civil court are a lot different than criminal court.

You probably can't sue them (end up getting money) for letting you go since Ohio is an at will employment state. Everyone here is talking about compensation for getting hurt and needing to go into a different field (retrain).

Edited by Trouble Maker

So, what's the next step for you then? What other jobs are you looking at?

I still have PT to go through then to a site who will try to simulate my job. Once there I assume they will evaluate wether or not I can do my job and I will then start looking for something else.

http://www.donaheylaw.com/PracticeAreas/PracticeAreaDescriptions2.asp

Are you sure about that, and if so, Workers Compensation?

*edit*

Workers comp is insurance for the employee. You get hurt, you get payed. Your pay I believe is 68% of you base pay.(this is temporary).

you should be recieving comp from the state at the minimum + short term disability if you job had employees and doesn't have comp insurance you can run them through a wringer

I am getting workers comp benefits but it is a fraction of what I am usually payed. They only give benefits based on your base salary. Which in my case doesnt take into consideration all my other wages, which doubles my base.

Who the fuck told you that? I'm going to guess not a lawyer (at least not a competent one and/or not one in this type of law). First, that statement is NEVER true. You can sue for anything, even if it has no legal standing. And it will go through at least some kind of hearings. Rules for civil court are a lot different than criminal court.

You probably can't sue them (end up getting money) for letting you go since Ohio is an at will employment state. Everyone here is talking about compensation for getting hurt and needing to go into a different field (retrain).

Sure I can bring them up on suit but in ohio, I believe it is called " stop gap liability", thats what the attorneys I have spoken to said. Unless there is a gross negligence, in this case, a bolt broke, there is no case. I have spoken with several attorneys. My work wont let me go necessarily but if I am unable to perform my job, there is no choice. It will fall upon WC's shoulders to help me get a new job.

sorry had to put it that in my sig at least for a little bit. I hope I was not the only one who loled a little bit reading this....

have you talked to anyone in your family about a lawyer or anything yet??

I knew someone would when I was typing it, and almost thought twice about it, but if it put a smile on just your face it was worth it.:)

In ohio we have workers comp. The only way you can sue your employer is if there is proof that they knowing put you at risk. It is very hard to prove and most attorneys will not touch it. There was a case I believe in cincinnatti where an employer told employees that the chemicals they were using were benine. Until people started getting sick. It was proven that the company knowing lied and therefore put employees in danger. I knew this all along. Thus the reason for no attorney.

I still have PT to go through then to a site who will try to simulate my job. Once there I assume they will evaluate wether or not I can do my job and I will then start looking for something else.

Workers comp is insurance for the employee. You get hurt, you get payed. Your pay I believe is 68% of you base pay.(this is temporary).

I am getting workers comp benefits but it is a fraction of what I am usually payed. They only give benefits based on your base salary. Which in my case doesnt take into consideration all my other wages, which doubles my base.

Sure I can bring them up on suit but in ohio, I believe it is called " stop gap liability", thats what the attorneys I have spoken to said. Unless there is a gross negligence, in this case, a bolt broke, there is no case. I have spoken with several attorneys. My work wont let me go necessarily but if I am unable to perform my job, there is no choice. It will fall upon WC's shoulders to help me get a new job.

I knew someone would when I was typing it, and almost thought twice about it, but if it put a smile on just your face it was worth it.:)

If you have talked to attorneys why didn't you say that up front, instead of letting us go on for 2 pages about "why havent you talked to one?"

:rolleyes:

Are you eligible for disability?

If you have talked to attorneys why didn't you say that up front, instead of letting us go on for 2 pages about "why havent you talked to one?"

:rolleyes:

Are you eligible for disability?

I didnt think that there was that many people working in Ohio that didnt know what workers comp was for or how it was used.

I am partially disabled now but I dont know how long that label will be on me. I figure at some point they will make me just disabled if I dont fully heal. I can tell everyone it is an absolute frustrating process and I dont wish it on anyone.

You need to get a lawyer ASAP!

Years ago my mom got hurt at work (plastic factory), long story short she won her case against workmans comp and got a settlement, wasn't 100's of thousands of $$$$ but it sure helped out.

You and your family comes before anyone else, (including your employer) if you think other wise, then I don't know what else to say.

You need to get a lawyer ASAP!

Years ago my mom got hurt at work (plastic factory), long story short she won her case against workmans comp and got a settlement, wasn't 100's of thousands of $$$$ but it sure helped out.

You and your family comes before anyone else, (including your employer) if you think other wise, then I don't know what else to say.

Theres noone to sue. I could sue for my benefits if it ever comes down to that but we are nowhere near that yet. And that would be with the government. I have to wait until a determination is done stating I am unable to ever work again. Which probably isnt going to happen. I cant sue the bolt manufacturer because there is no bolt to test. It was lost in the malay.

I cant sue the bolt manufacturer because there is no bolt to test. It was lost in the malay.

Hehe your not thinking like a lawyer, it wasn't lost it was removed by the evil company and that in itself is as good as any proof of their fault.

I didnt think that there was that many people working in Ohio that didnt know what workers comp was for or how it was used.

I am partially disabled now but I dont know how long that label will be on me. I figure at some point they will make me just disabled if I dont fully heal. I can tell everyone it is an absolute frustrating process and I dont wish it on anyone.

Most people dont know what it is till they have to use it, but even then, i was not aware of the inablity to be able to sue your employer for long term damages.. live and learn I guess.

Most people dont know what it is till they have to use it, but even then, i was not aware of the inablity to be able to sue your employer for long term damages.. live and learn I guess.

After rereading my response. It may have come off wrong. I thought this was a known fact. I must have just remembered it from being self employed. Kinda sucks but thats ohio.

Theres noone to sue. I could sue for my benefits if it ever comes down to that but we are nowhere near that yet. And that would be with the government. I have to wait until a determination is done stating I am unable to ever work again. Which probably isnt going to happen. I cant sue the bolt manufacturer because there is no bolt to test. It was lost in the malay.

If you can't do the job after your injury, why is that your fault?

Don't pretend to be a lawyer or know how they think, GET ONE ASAP!

I'm not trying to be an azz, until a lawyer explains your rights under workmans comp, you won't know all the facts.

If you get the right lawyer, it won't cost you anything upfront.

Bottom line, if you can't do the line of work after your injury, you will get some kind of settlement.

Wow, that really sucks... so if they judge you as unable to perform fully at what you used to do at work. You'll at least be able to claim disability of some sort right? You said the money sucks but at least its income. Maybe Tina can get a better source of income to supplement?