Conceal Carry Process Question

konig_twinkies

I am thinking of getting my CCW soon because I am going to be spending a weekend in Tennessee in a cabin with my girlfriend. We plan on going hiking and doing some outdoor things so I would like to carry just in case we run into some trouble. Back in May I got cited for disorderly conduct which is a minor misdemeanor, I was wondering if this would have any bearing on me obtaining my permit? Thanks for the help

TN is a clear state, you should be ok to carry there. I know I am planning on getting my CCW soon too, but there is nothing in TN that would make me worried enough to get it so I could carry there.

Believe me, the black bears are not going to come get you. LOL

Pretty much ANY felony is a dis-qualifier. If it's a MISDEMEANOR charge, it'll still probably rule you out, since the charge COULD result in a sentence of over one year.

it was an m1 charge, dropped to an m4 disorderly like 7 years ago.

Edited by Ramsey

Typically how long does the process take to getting your permit

Depends on what county you go to and how busy they are. Most guys I know that had it done in Franklin County had them in just over a week. In Madison County my first one took just over a month and my renewal took about 3 weeks in Delaware County.

Tennessee has reciprocity with Ohio and I have carried there myself. We stayed in a Cabin outside of Gatlinburg earlier in the year. We had planned to spend most of our time in the woods too, but it rained pretty heavily during our stay so we spent alot of time walking around in town.

Fortunately I've never had any issues with anyone while carrying but I have had some run-ins with interesting characters in the past at tourist-trap places like that... which is why I normally try to avoid them (tourist traps that is).

There are a bunch of websites where you can check for reciprocity and CCW regulations state-by-state. You should always check each state you'll be travelling through as well as your destination so that you know what to expect.

Franklin County usually processes them within 24 hours. So I mean you could take your classes Sat-Sun and then go Monday and apply and pick it up Tuesday. You'll have to make an appointment for the application process though.

Franklin County usually processes them within 24 hours. So I mean you could take your classes Sat-Sun and then go Monday and apply and pick it up Tuesday. You'll have to make an appointment for the application process though.

Wow, that's pretty fast. We all went to Delaware county a few years back because the wait was so long in Franklin County. I'm glad to see that the wait has been shortened.

Wow, that's pretty fast. We all went to Delaware county a few years back because the wait was so long in Franklin County. I'm glad to see that the wait has been shortened.

Sometimes it can take longer, but most of the stories I hear are around 24 hours. It doesn't hurt that my brother is the deputy that runs the CCW office. lol He says the same thing though, if there's no problems with your background check then it's usually 24 hours.