Trailblazer lifted 2.5" front 3.25" rear on 32's

excell

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it looks good. But I do think it is missing something.

It needs this guard.....

http://media.photobucket.com/image/trailblazer%20with%20brushguard/AlekG/offroadcal/DSC00013.jpg

and this roof rack

http://www.thedownings.us/images/tb/baja/2.jpg

Yea, James Downing is one of the top offroad Trailblazer dudes. I consulted his site and past posts many times as I was choosing components. ;)

If I actually get into offroading I'll pick up a rack, guard, and light bar - but for now it's a snow warrior.

Are you worried about wheel bearing wear with 1.5" wheel spacers? Those will put a higher load on the mounting surface...

No, not worried. Most calculations (that I didn't do) show no more than 25% greater wear to any component, which if you assume a 150,000 mile service life would reduce to 112,500 miles. Well within my acceptable risk.

The only other parts of significant consideration are the CV axles. I replaced the axles already last weekend. The greater angle on the inner CV puts stress on the factory rigid plastic boot and causes them to pop, as mine did. The solution is to replace the axles with aftermarket stock replacement Cardone units, they have a neoprene boot instead of hard plastic and they'll take the extra angle without popping. My passenger axle was already leaking and mostly greaseless anyway.

How many miles are on your TrailBlazer? Any resources you recommend for parts/info on lifting them?

106k. I also replaced shocks and struts at the same time.

http://www.trailvoy.com is the best Trailblazer site out there, but hard core offroading guys hang at http://www.offroadtb.com

I'm going to get a Saab 9-7X and rock a lift kit. ;) Big sticker that says "Redneck Swede" on the front windshield, maybe some Yosemite Sam mudflaps. :lol:

I'll check out the site, as I'm also curious if there is a difference btw lifting the 4.2L 6 and the 5.3L V8. Thanks for the info!

I'm going to get a Saab 9-7X and rock a lift kit. ;) Big sticker that says "Redneck Swede" on the front windshield, maybe some Yosemite Sam mudflaps. :lol:

I'll check out the site, as I'm also curious if there is a difference btw lifting the 4.2L 6 and the 5.3L V8. Thanks for the info!

Saab 9-7X rules. :) If you're getting one of those, lifting is a bit different in that you'll have to remove the rear air ride. ;)

No difference as far as engines are concerned, same everything.

Chris, looks awesome. I really like it, despite the fact it's still stock wheels.

Are you worried about wheel bearing wear with 1.5" wheel spacers? Those will put a higher load on the mounting surface...

its a chevy suv if you get more than 50k out of the hub bearings call the guiness book of world records

awww look at the little trailblazer how cute... dudeee u shodl of taken scott or my advice an got with the tires we suggested those tires look like they came stock on a kia sportage lol. truck looks good but dang it needs mooooreee life an more tire.( my expedition has more beef on the tires then this lol)

congrats though should be fun to commute with :lol:

Never really understood lowering a truck or SUV. Why not just buy a car? I like driving over things, it's why I have one. :)

I disagree if you have a TB especially if it's a TBSS. They look sick lowered and are LSx based (TBSS) which makes it more favorable to mod for power other than to lift and take it off roading.

awww look at the little trailblazer how cute... dudeee u shodl of taken scott or my advice an got with the tires we suggested those tires look like they came stock on a kia sportage lol. truck looks good but dang it needs mooooreee life an more tire.( my expedition has more beef on the tires then this lol)

congrats though should be fun to commute with :lol:

Dummy, I didn't want more tire. What I got is *exactly* what I wanted for the reasons I pointed out - this is my commuter and I wanted severe service rated. This size fits perfectly in the wheel well, doesn't stick out farther than the fender flares, and the tires are nearly as quiet as the HT'ish ones I took off. What is stupid as fuck is posers with Expedition's that have a ton of AT or MT tire and never go off road - or that would get walked by a Trailblazer with Goodyear's. ;)

What kind of gas mileage you get with the bigger tires on it? I heard they weren't that great on gas to start with.

I regularly got 22+ mpg, not bad in my opinion. I dunno what I'll get now, haven't driven it enough to average yet. I'm assuming it'll get down to the 18'ish range.

I disagree if you have a TB especially if it's a TBSS. They look sick lowered and are LSx based (TBSS) which makes it more favorable to mod for power other than to lift and take it off roading.

Having a TBSS is another story, it's a purpose built street performance truck. I would lower one of those before I lifted it, that is unless it came with real 4WD and not AWD. If it were 4WD... again would be another story. ;) But in the end I would probably keep it stock height, I like driving over things.

What is stupid as fuck is posers with Expedition's that have a ton of AT or MT tire and never go off road - or that would get walked by a Trailblazer with Goodyear's. ;)

things.

o rly? that truck spent every weekend (from augest to may) for the first 5 years of its life in the sand in the dezert in california... an then i moved to ohio an ive been playing with this thing in the mud an dirt as often as a can.. good try dingleberry

o rly? that truck spent every weekend (from augest to may) for the first 5 years of its life in the sand in the dezert in california... an then i moved to ohio an ive been playing with this thing in the mud an dirt as often as a can.. good try dingleberry

Only two things come from Kalifornia, communists and queers - I'll bet your thing sees the mud and dirt often.