Food Between Columbus and Dayton

Fiji ST

Girlfriend and I are taking a day-trip to WPAFB tomorrow and she wants to stop some place for lunch. I have no idea what's between here and there, and I know you guys probably know a shitload of cool hole-in-the-wall places. Any ideas?

Clifton Mill. It's a bit of a side trip down 72 to Clifton, but it is so worth it if you hit it for breakfast. They grind their own flour, and their pancakes are the best, especially the buckwheat(just go ahead and call me a racist already). They're also bloody enormous, a foot square and an inch and a half thick. They also have the best corn-meal mush on the planet. Their lunch and dinner menu is pretty good, too, a definite cut above the usual family-restaurant fare.

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/516/clifton-mill

Alternatively, a 15 minute side trip to Yellow Springs will put you at Ha Ha Pizza, and the have some truly excellent pie. Just remember that Yellow Springs is a Liberal Arts college town and the whole downtown area is nothing but jewelery, glass, and tchotchke shops, so keep the gf on a short leash, or you'll end up carrying bags all day...

http://dayton.citysearch.com/profile/8210809/yellow_springs_oh/ha_ha_pizza.html#profileTab-maps

Oh, and if you go to Yellow Springs, you'll pass Young's Dairy, which is an unadulterated kiddy tourist trap now. The food is terrible steam-table crap they wouldn't serve in a public school, but their ice cream is worth putting up with the usual million screaming little brats for. You can get a huge variety of cones, or you can skip the lines by just buying a gallon in the gift shop. Throw a coat over it in the trunk, and it'll make it home without starting to melt.

Oh, and if you go to Yellow Springs, you'll pass Young's Dairy, which is an unadulterated kiddy tourist trap now. The food is terrible steam-table crap they wouldn't serve in a public school, but their ice cream is worth putting up with the usual million screaming little brats for. You can get a huge variety of cones, or you can skip the lines by just buying a gallon in the gift shop. Throw a coat over it in the trunk, and it'll make it home without starting to melt.

:bs: The Golden Jersey Inn is fucking win! The food there is fantastic!