Title Problems.... What should I do?

Guest JCroz91

Guest JCroz91
so as some of you know. A little under a month ago I bought a 07 GSXR 750. now heres the problem. i went to get the title changed today and since the guy scribbled out gift on the price and put $3000 it voided the title. The guy i bought it off of hasnt been answering my calls the last few days. He lives out in dayton but I met him near his gf's house in hilliard to get the bike. I paid him cash and he handed me the signed title. Iv called his phone a couple times over the last few days and the voice mail says "hey this is JR" but the title says timothy? maybe its a nick name? im not sure. I forgot to grab the registration off him when i picked up the bike so when i got home i asking him to mail it to me. but i never got anything from him. and thats the last i heard from him. I have an address to the guy whos name is on the title... so i guess i should drive out to dayton tomorrow and try to get him to get a new title for me? what would you do?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
haha, he flipped the title to you! get ahold of the person that is on the title, and hope that guy didnt fuck that dude around...im going thru the same shit with the title for the vert!

Guest JCroz91
haha, he flipped the title to you! get ahold of the person that is on the title, and hope that guy didnt fuck that dude around...im going thru the same shit with the title for the vert!

thats what i think. i need to call this timothy friend dude dont i, the name thats on the title?

Guest Removed
thats what i think. i need to call this timothy friend dude dont i, the name thats on the title?

yep...get in touch with the tim guy. have him get a new copy of the title , might aswell go with him, and you can get it transferred to you all at the same tim

Guest JCroz91
yep...get in touch with the tim guy. have him get a new copy of the title , might aswell go with him, and you can get it transferred to you all at the same tim

alright. hopfully this tim dude didnt do the same shit this jr kid did to me.

where can i get this tim guys #?

did you check to see if the bike was stolen before buying it?

Did you check to make sure the vin plate on the bike matched the title?

did you check the sellers' license/ID to verify who you were actually buying the bike from?

Just curious...$3k for an 07 GSXR 750 sounds a tad fishy to me....

did you check the sellers' license/ID to verify who you were actually buying the bike from?

x2... why woudl you not get all the paper work from the guy. also any time i ever buy a car or anything from someone... i usually meet them at or go to teh bmv with them before finalzing the sale so u can make sure its legit an no issues....

Guest JCroz91

no i didnt see if it was stolen. i figuared he had the title so i didnt seem fishy at the time. thats getting found out as we speak.

didnt check ID. the title was already signed.

the vin on the title matches the VIN on the bike.

Edited by JCroz91

Guest JCroz91
x2... why woudl you not get all the paper work from the guy. also any time i ever buy a car or anything from someone... i usually meet them at or go to teh bmv with them before finalzing the sale so u can make sure its legit an no issues....

cause im an idiot and i was in a hurry to get to work. i didnt check ID but the VIN is the same on the bike and title. i need to find a title place that isnt such stifflers and swap this title for me. then it would be easier

Why is it, that so many recently have been having this happen to them?

I know that I would not purchase a vehicle w/o a Title in Hand, that was signed by the person giving it to me, and notarized.

Oh well....

Good luck on getthing this squared away...

KillJoy

Guest JCroz91
title was in hand. singed and notorized. all i had to do was sign it and take it in. like it would be fine but since he scribble a part out the wont except it cause it was "altered" and the voids it.

Guest JCroz91
I had a title issue once where they used whiteout.BMV said that it was void. I told the BMV that the sellers were foreign and didn't understand. They said ok and moved on with the paperwork.

where was the BMV????

FYI The one off brice and scar is closed now... you have to go to main street. I think that is the only one that does the titles now... they are changing it all up because I jsut went to the one at town and country and they do not do titles there

Guest tbutera2112
you may have to go outside franklin county to find some shitty little place thats lax on the rules...i posted a link in your other thread, click a county and it lists all the title offices