Black Friday 2009

verse

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. my living room is about 13x22, and i had it set up to where my couch was on one end, and my 60" tv was on the far end (22' away, and it was too far. i changed the room up a couple weekends ago, and now ive got my tv and couch across from each other on the 13' wall (about 11' viewing since the TV comes out just a bit from the wall, and im sitting out a little bit with the couch pillows), and its much better now.

my buddy has a 73" (wd-73735) and his house is same layout, and he has his living room set up the same way, and it does look a little big. unfortunately his house has a fireplace on one end, so he cant set it up like i had mine previously

but back on topic...i might stay up late thursday night and try to hit up babies r us...my sister is giving me my first nephew in febuary, and i've been wanting to get her a glider...they've got on regularly $299.99 down to $149.99. i think thats worth sitting in line for.

anyone want to do something like anyone who wants deals at one store swap with someone who is going to another? exchange cash and meet up later in day to get products?

I can't do Plasma. I have windows that go 20' up in the living room - Plasma screens are way too reflective. I wouldn't be able to see a damn thing on it. The anti-reflection technology some of them boast is BS too.

If I had a darker room, I would go Plasma.

11am this morning heading to my moms and pass best buy, there was a group of people already camping out. There is not 1 single deal out this year that is worth waiting in line for to me, let alone starting at 11am the day before. Hell I have been looking at companies online that sell car parts and most places are offering dumbshit deals such as free shipping or 5% off...wtf is that?

sorry guess i didn't know you guys had monster living rooms. 40 inch in 26 by 34 living room is perfect for my eyes

WAT?!?!?! Sounds like you have small tv syndrome... You must not go to movies much either. I have a 56 and sit 8 ft away, perfect viewing distance. Go look up some viewing distance charts online.

For my TV i am 7.6 ft to 8.8ft for optimal viewing, this is to ensure no size loss and no head panning.

http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html#anchor_13194

yeah have some really good deals on 50" plasmas but I'm afraid the picture will look like crap. I know the blacks will look better but if the overall image is any worse them what our 42" was I don't want to waste my time. Was also looking at some 46" lcds but they are running 200 to 300 more then the plasma but I know they will have a good picture. Decisions decisions.

yeah have some really good deals on 50" plasmas but I'm afraid the picture will look like crap. I know the blacks will look better but if the overall image is any worse them what our 42" was I don't want to waste my time. Was also looking at some 46" lcds but they are running 200 to 300 more then the plasma but I know they will have a good picture. Decisions decisions.

You got to watch out for the 720p TV's, which that's what all the cheap Plasmas are. At 50", you WILL notice a difference between 720p and 1080p.

Anything over 40" I would pass on 720p unless it is for a seldom-watched TV, such as maybe a bedroom TV.

our lcd was a 720 and it had a great pic but is only a 42" but It would also upscale to 1080 nicely. If I can find another 720 lcd on the cheap I will pic it up. will really just need to go out and look at everything. Probably won't by anything on with the black friday sales but will be picking something up this weekend.

nothing this year, people are just insane

shopping in parkersburg with mom, got to kohl's half hour before the opened, hardly any line, got all our shit and out in about 5 minutes, went to sears, got all my shit, found a short line, out within 20 minutes, back to the house by 5:30, time for bed.

got the glider from babies r us. got there at 3 (mistake). luckily i took my laptop and watched a movie until ~4:35ish, then sat in line with 9 other people. most were going for the glider as well as me.

then spent ~10 minutes cramming it into a mazda3. fun times

now, i could have ordered online, got it for the same price, and shipped to me in like 2 weeks, but how much fun would that have been? lol.

I got to the Sawmill Target at ~4 or so. I got 2 of the 32" LCD's. Line was crazy, it was wrapped all the way around the building. I was about 100-125 or so people back. They actually had quite a bit of their door buster stuff, at least of what we were going for.

Now for the fun, 2 tv's in the bedroom FTW!

I also went to sears and got the pancake compressor with a nail gun for 60. That was really quick, about 10 minutes in and out.

HHGregg still has TONS on Blu-ray players. They still have the door buster $80 (after $20 MIR) Toshiba BR player and they have a lot of the Panasonic BRD-60k BR player for $100 (after MIR).

Bestbuy is NUTS! If you go, expect to stand in the check out line for at least an hour.

i lol at anything bigger than 50 inch screen. not enjoyable viewing at all

Not really. 50" is good for viewing up to about 14' away, but if you're further, a 65+ would be better.

However, it also depends on your room. In our main family room upstairs, I wouldn't go any bigger than our 50" as it would take away from the focal length of the room and make it look like a college dorm. In our lower leve. The 65" is perfect as the theater area is 18x26 and is more of a family room/rec room fun area.

I ended up buying online from NewEgg which is way better than going out and standing in line wanting to kill everyone around you.

Sharp 46" LCD. 1080p, 120hz, $699 plus $39 to ship....too hard to pass up. I really wanted a Toshiba, but couldn't pass that deal up.

I ran out to sears this morning and came right back

Got the $90 gear wrenches for $30.

Got a torque wrench for $40

and a bunch of other stuff. Everything I got was craftsman and was at least %50 off so I feel I did ok.