location location location proposed gun range

wnaplay1647545503

yeah....im very much for guns and shit, but thats about the dumbest place it can be.

Cheap rent, no houses nearby, large building, good parking, close to the freeway, and heavily patrolled(I've never made it from Frebis to Livingston without seeing at least three cruisers, and there's usually one sitting right next door.). Yeah, it's not a great neighborhood, but that building would be easy to make very secure, and six cameras could cover every inch of pavement and all entrances on the building.

Cheap rent, no houses nearby, large building, good parking, close to the freeway, and heavily patrolled(I've never made it from Frebis to Livingston without seeing at least three cruisers, and there's usually one sitting right next door.). Yeah, it's not a great neighborhood, but that building would be easy to make very secure, and six cameras could cover every inch of pavement and all entrances on the building.

yeah, and its in a shitty part of town where no one will want to go, which means no business. and we all know, cameras do not deter criminals. if so, there wouldnt be all those good shows on tv showing the criminals being idiots...it would be like vances, but way worse...ill be honest...i dont like to go to vances sometimes because i dont like the area its in. but i end up going. lol

yeah....im very much for guns and shit, but thats about the dumbest place it can be.

maybe they should just move it to parsons ave south of childrens. that'd be better

Okay, and let's make Vance's off Cleveland Ave... That's such a nice area of town.

Grove city would be a better choice for a new shooting range.

Right off 665 there's an abandoned Golf range that would be absolutely perfect. It's away from schools and neighborhoods, but still not too far away from the city.

Okay, and let's make Vance's off Cleveland Ave... That's such a nice area of town.

Vance's has been around longer than any of us have been alive. It used to be a grocery store with a small gun counter in the back corner. My dad used to shop there all the time when they were building their apartments on Karl road in 1970.

In other words, the ghetto came to them, not the other way around.

Vance's has been around longer than any of us have been alive. It used to be a grocery store with a small gun counter in the back corner. My dad used to shop there all the time when they were building their apartments on Karl road in 1970.

In other words, the ghetto came to them, not the other way around.

dot

Guest Removed

look at it like this....you sure wouldnt try to rob/ car jack some one coming or going there, at knife point...altho, some of them retards will try im sure. and what will be the result? cleaner streets.

i say yeah for the guns

I wouldn't be worried about the break-in attempts. The people opening the place know it's in an area that should just be bombed and paved over. They know every little hood rat is going to want what they have. I guarantee it is going to be like trying to break into Fort Knox to get a gun out of there.

For the ghetto trash that want to rob someone...well, even the dumb ones aren't real keen on robbing someone that is armed. They may be dumb, but they still don't want to be shot.

IMO it's a decent place to put it. The crooks are never going to use the place. Especially if they hire some off-duty cops, do background checks, etc. If they do it right, you should have to be a member to come in, and part of that memembership is a background / warrant check, with a cop on staff to arrest all those coming in with warrants. :)

yeah, and its in a shitty part of town where no one will want to go, which means no business. and we all know, cameras do not deter criminals. if so, there wouldnt be all those good shows on tv showing the criminals being idiots...it would be like vances, but way worse...ill be honest...i dont like to go to vances sometimes because i dont like the area its in. but i end up going. lol

I don't think being in a crappy part of town will keep business away. Gun stores and shooting ranges are destination types of businesses. People will travel to where the business is. I would imagine a very small percentage is impulse business.

Right off 665 there's an abandoned Golf range that would be absolutely perfect. It's away from schools and neighborhoods, but still not too far away from the city.

The only problem with that is the smell from the dump right there.I worked at Fed Ex for 8 months and some nights the smell almost made me call in and go home.

The only problem with that is the smell from the dump right there.I worked at Fed Ex for 8 months and some nights the smell almost made me call in and go home.

Build big reinforced building and have an indoor 300 yard rifle range. Problem solved. If I ever hit the lottery I'm building one there just so I have something to do everyday with all my loot.