Wanting to start looking into 600s...

Radio Flyer1647545514

Starting to look at 600's a little bit and I know I'm going to here the go sit on a bike and see what you like but others opinions/ experience, and personal problems with them is always good to have on top of what I like and what reviews say.

Probably be looking at spending ~5k.

Been looking at the zx6r and the R6.

Pros and Cons on these bikes?

Anything else to look at?

Figured I'd do some reading on the Hondas as well and I don't think I'll be taking much of a look at the GSXR.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my best friends bike...he needs to sell it ASAP! He doesn't have a car right now except for his Cobra with no driveline lol. This bike is mint and has never been abused or modded. He just took it on trade for his old mustang and didn't have a car lined up. You really can't go wrong with the price and mileage either.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1466219077.html

honestly they are all about the same.

its what ever one feels best underneath you, and which one is more eye pleasing.

if i was buying a newer (meaning a 06 up) bike it would be a gsxr 600.. i just like they way they look.

but like i said its all up to what you like..

reliability wise they will all outlast longer than youll keep it so that shouldnt be an issue.

they all have about the same resale, they alll will be about the same price to buy.

the R6 will have its power in the higher rpm range

the other bikes will have a little more sown low then the r6

speed wise... really youll never notice the difference between any of them.

hp wise, they are really all very close to where you wont tell

just buy what you like

I had an 04 r6 and now I have an 03 zx6r. The r6 was a lot more comfortable to ride and it had just a tad bit more power. The 636 is good but it seems like the power is a little more balanced out. My r6 got wild after 7k rpm but the 636 is not all that crazy on the power. Compfort wise I like the r6 better.

I've never sat on an 03'-04' 636, but I've heard the 05'-06' ones are way more comfortable. I absolutely love my 05'. I went with a 636 cause they're one of the best looking bikes ever made in my opinion (05'-06' anyway...the 03'-04's not so much), and they've got a little bit more power over their competition. I think the newest of the new 600's are finally catching up to what Kawi made in 03' with the cheater 600.

Guest tbutera2112
Thanks for the link to the 750 but that's way more bike than I need or want. I'm only 140 lbs 5'8".

dont be a dumbass on it, and you will be fine.... a 600 still has more than enough speed and power to get you in trouble, its not like youre buying an electric scooter....

Why no gsxr?

Like Hoblick said, they are really all just about the same. But if I were you I'd go look at nothing but R6's and gsxr 600 or even 750s. I prefer gsxr's up to 05's, and then R6's after that. Go look at them all, sit of them, ride them if you can. Choose which one is best for you.

Guest tbutera2112
i would edit your post man, you didnt pay sponsorship fees for this site, and spaceghost gets kinda pissy at people who advertise here without them...since we all thought his car mouses were as queer as his apple junk

Guest tbutera2112

but on a side note.... Ryan, i heard that yamaha of columbus may have some bikes there worth checking out

Yamahaofcolumbus.com

They have a 95 zx-r for like $2200 http://www.yamahaofcolumbus.com/pages/preownedvehicles/viewvehicledetail/29/31/1/1/25068/1999_kawasaki_zx6e.aspx

2004 yamaha r6 for $4,999 http://www.yamahaofcolumbus.com/pages/preownedvehicles/viewvehicledetail/29/31/1/1/24517/2004_yamaha_r6.aspx

2004 Honda cbr600rr for $5,500 http://www.yamahaofcolumbus.com/pages/preownedvehicles/viewvehicledetail/29/31/1/1/22213/2004_honda_cbr600rr.aspx