Wanting to start looking into 600s...

Radio Flyer1647545514

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont be a dumbass on it, and you will be fine.... a 600 still has more than enough speed and power to get you in trouble, its not like youre buying an electric scooter....

You act like I haven't been riding a motorcycle at all.

I know I haven't used all the power that my sv has to offer, but I really want to get something that I know I won't be looking to upgrade again in the very near future and I think a 600 is as big of a bike as I'd ever need so why not just get it and get that out of the way.

For the R6 what years should I be looking at that will keep me around the 5k range?

Same goes for the zx6r.

Are there any years that I should stay away from in either of these bikes?

I got a decent amount of miles on my SV as well. I put 4k on it in the short amount of time that I had it.

Moving up to a 600 is inevitable so I figure I might as well start looking now and hopefully I MIGHT just stumble onto a deal when it gets a little further into winter.

Do dealerships let you take test drives on bikes? i only have my temps for my motorcycle but I'm insured.

If you're looking for a 636 go for an 05'-06'. Better ergonomics, tougher suspension parts (I believe specifically the front forks were known for going out on the 03'-04' models), and some of the best styling IMO ever on a sport bike make it the right choice. I picked mine up last summer for 5k with an exhaust and -1 front sprocket.

http://toyride.org/4images/data/media/117/636.jpg

Just look at that. Mine doesn't have a rear fender, the exhaust is flush with the body (aka it looks like it doesn't have exhaust), I've got flush turn signals, and a smoked black front screen, and no decals. But you get the idea.

Guest tbutera2112
You act like I haven't been riding a motorcycle at all.

no...you misunderstood my point

youre saying a 750 is too much bike but a 600 wont be... 600s arent electric powered scooters...if you have the sense to ride a 600, you would be fine on a bigger bike also

ill probably start looking into gsxr's or r6's in the spring so I can walk paul. ill never go hungry again with all the chipotle ill sucker out of him...

my heavy ass 600 isant scared...

Yea if Dover is ridin it... LMAO :bangbang:

ahahaha

is there a reason why you want to go froma sv650 to a r6/zx6r?

if your alreaddy bored with the power of the sv then jsut go to a 1k an be smart. to me the way your thinking woudl be a waste of money but to each there own.

r6

gsxr600

zx6 but thats just me goodluck

edit: oh an most dealers will not let you test ride .. IF they do it woudl be in the parking lot

If you buy my 08 GSXR 750 (Only 6300 not moving on that price.)

you can just put it in "B" mode, which makes it run like a 600, or "c" mode if you want it even slower.

When you are ready to move up just put it in "A" and unleash the power.

Will not find a better / as well taken care of bike for the cash.

http://i45.tinypic.com/mwqii1.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/24y8pd2.jpg

If you buy my 08 GSXR 750 (Only 6300 not moving on that price.)

you can just put it in "B" mode, which makes it run like a 600, or "c" mode if you want it even slower.

When you are ready to move up just put it in "A" and unleash the power.

Will not find a better / as well taken care of bike for the cash.

What exactly does A,B or C Mode do? Sounds interesting. I'll be looking for a starter bike here in a little while.

The Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS : The rider can chose at any moment between three modes, A, B or C. « A » for max Power and torque, « B » for power and torque more soft, and « C » for even less power and Torque).

Thank's! I'll have to look into the the gsxr's when looking for a bike.

Thank's! I'll have to look into the the gsxr's when looking for a bike.

I guess it's a neat feature if you don't trust your throttle hand.

I was uber-careful at first with the throttle on the Buell because I was afraid of overdoing it by accident. However now that I'm comfortable with the bike (after the first couple of weeks actually) I don't think I would ever have the need for such a contraption.

I guess it's a neat feature if you don't trust your throttle hand.

I was uber-careful at first with the throttle on the Buell because I was afraid of overdoing it by accident. However now that I'm comfortable with the bike (after the first couple of weeks actually) I don't think I would ever have the need for such a contraption.

the feature is nice if you haven't ridden for a while. For example beginning of spring. Other than that I just leave it in A. Plus it starts is A every time automatically.

I was uber-careful at first with the throttle on the Buell because I was afraid of overdoing it by accident. However now that I'm comfortable with the bike (after the first couple of weeks actually)

I was the same way with the Sporty.... now... I enjoy having the rear end kick out :D

KillJoy