Sunday Sushi ? Dec 13th, 6 p.m.

Doc1647545523

Crummy day for cars. But mebbe a good day for a CR taste-testing of Akai Hana? I'd suggest Yoshi's (my favorite), but it's closed on Sundays.

Checking out the online menu, it does look pretty reasonable, as a number of posters had stated. The address, menu, map are all here:

http://www.akaihanaohio.com/

I'm game to give it a try. I'll try to get a table for the group. Post below if you want a spot saved for you (don't text me).

It is not a sushi restaurant; it is a restaurant that has sushi on the menu. They also have things like Kal Bi, which is some of the best beef I have ever had. They have negima yaki, which is marinated beef cooked over scallions. Both are awesome.

My apologies to those who didn't find out in time. My bad.

It's definitely a great restaurant. Very nice dining room. We had excellent service, everyone was very polite and welcoming.

Lots and lots of variety in the menu. Besides a bunch of sushi, I had a Korean entre, Stone Bibim Bat, which was very tasty and was a generous portion. New things I tried tonight also included Tatsuta Age, Spicy Scallop roll (I think that's what it was called--it was baked and topped) and Edamame. Mensan made excellent recommendations.

A lot of western influences here, not that some adjustments to western tastes is necessarily a bad thing. In fact, for most of CR, it is probably a plus. The menu also has photos, which is a a good thing for me.

In my estimation, Akai Hana might be the best all around Japanese/Korean restaurant in town for the price, but I have to stick with my original statement that the best sushi is at Yoshi's. Yoshi's is a much smaller, simple restaurant, with a difficult to comprehend menu (some sections only in Japanese), and you'll likely be the only Caucasians in the room ...... but the sushi is superb! :D