Inagural CR Overeating Day

Alex L.

This Saturday (12-19-09), myself and a few other members will be going on a CR overeating day. We will be doing the following...

Lunch

Where

Delmar's Baha Mexican

6310 Gender Road

Canal Winchester, OH 43110-2052

When

12:00 noon

Why

At Delmar, a Chipotle-esque restaurant, they have a 5lb burrito to tackle. No eating challenge, but I'm sure we can make one up when we get there. ;)

Dinner

Where

Ohio Deli

3444 South High Street

Columbus, OH

When

8:00 PM

Why

Ohio Deli is home to the famous Dagwood sandwich (featured on Man vs. Food) and the Dagwood challenge.

The Challenge

One must consume the Dagwood (2.5lb sandwich), a plate of fries, and a pickle spear within a 30-minute time slot. Those who defeat the Dagwood receive a T-shirt and their name on the wall of fame.

Those who do not succeed can buy a "The Dagwood kicked my *#$#%" t-shirt. I'll be wearing mine.

So, who's game? ;)

The dagwood challenge is insane. I'd bet nobody can even come close to getting it down. I'm a fairly large guy and half the sadwich alone would fill me up. Add to that the other half of the sandwich and the "plate of fries" is a fucking full size dinner plate with a huge mound of fries, thats the real deal breaker...

I dont know what kind of meat is on the dagwood but it looks horrible. I know i could finish it if it werent for the nasty look. My record for most devoured in a sitting is 3 chipotle burritos and 3 tacos(chipotle also). Won me a $100 bet.

That's a lot of food. I've often wondered how much Chipotle I could actually eat, but I doubt that 3 burritos and 3 tacos would be it. I just don't want the aftermath that would be associated with me eating that much. One with the hot sauce gets the fire going. Can't imagine 3.

That's a lot of food. I've often wondered how much Chipotle I could actually eat, but I doubt that 3 burritos and 3 tacos would be it. I just don't want the aftermath that would be associated with me eating that much. One with the hot sauce gets the fire going. Can't imagine 3.

A dumb so epic it would have to be named like a hurricane, that is what would happen.

I dont know what kind of meat is on the dagwood but it looks horrible. I know i could finish it if it werent for the nasty look. My record for most devoured in a sitting is 3 chipotle burritos and 3 tacos(chipotle also). Won me a $100 bet.

It's actually quite good. The sandwiches are always fresh on good bread and with very good garlic-roasted mayonnaise. I'm getting hungry thinking about it.