Buying advice on 2006 Denali

RyM3rC

So a family member is dead-set on buying a 2006 yukon denali. I've been reading up a bit on them, but online reports have been all over the place in terms of reliability and quality. I know someone with an escalade with all sorts of electrical failures, should I expect the same in a Denali? What breaks the most? Their favorite candidate is a 70k miler for about $20k.

Thanks in advance

Daytime running lights will need replaced every oil change. If its anything like an escalade, its a POS.

Yeah...just buy an Audi. They are honestly built by God's stepson so they are infallible. I read about it on an Audi forum.

Audi > WORLD

-Marc

Yeah...just buy an Audi. They are honestly built by God's stepson so they are infallible. I read about it on an Audi forum.

Audi > WORLD

-Marc

Haha, we have enough Audis, and they are built by God. He just gives his stepson credit so he feels like part of the family.

Yeah, I remembered changing the DRLs all the damn time on those. The diffs are easy as hell to service though, and I'm pretty confident the 6.0l is pretty solid. I just don't trust all the electrical shit, because of your stupid 'slade!

Tranny ok? Fuel pumps like older chevy trucks? Diff or t-case failure?

Haha, we have enough Audis, and they are built by God. He just gives his stepson credit so he feels like part of the family.

Yeah, I remembered changing the DRLs all the damn time on those. The diffs are easy as hell to service though, and I'm pretty confident the 6.0l is pretty solid. I just don't trust all the electrical shit, because of your stupid 'slade!

Tranny ok? Fuel pumps like older chevy trucks? Diff or t-case failure?

We have a 2005 Sierra Denali and I absolutely love this truck. It does everything I have ever asked of it and more. Lots of power, comfort, great ride and can haul just about anything I would need it to.

No real gremlins other than the drivers side head light going out once a year. I think it's the silverstars though...?

No issue with the tranny or diff.

AUDI > WORLD!!

-Marc

Glad to hear that. We have heavier trucks for towing, but this may fill in every now and then. All the silverstars I've had crap out yearly, and they're damn expensive! Anything else? I know all the balljoints are greasable so hopefully they last awhile.

Audi > WORLD

-Marc

You're learning.

No real gremlins other than the drivers side head light going out once a year.

AUDI > WORLD!!

-Marc

Theres the light problem.

and more truth.

That's not a huge complaint. Come on.

And really...I would stab you in the aorta for an S4...

-Marc

For some people it was a big complaint. I used to replace bulbs on nearly every one of those when they came in for an oil change. I got to know one lady very well because she was there so often getting bulbs replaced, I started feeling bad for her so I would replace them for free every now and again. But thats the only bad thing I know of about them.

For some people it was a big complaint. I used to replace bulbs on nearly every one of those when they came in for an oil change. I got to know one lady very well because she was there so often getting bulbs replaced, I started feeling bad for her so I would replace them for free every now and again. But thats the only bad thing I know of about them.

You should have shown her your Audi... :eek:

-Marc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

This is what we need. German Car Brethernin united. Who cares if MarC prefers BMW. Some guys prefer guys to, it's all about personel preference. ;)

Daytime running lights will need replaced every oil change. If its anything like an escalade, its a POS.

I've bet I've had less go wrong on my Avalanche (same basic thing with a few less toys) than you have had go our on your Audi. My Avalanche is an 02 and now has 125k on it.

I did replace the DRL's @ 66k or so (which was about 4 years ago). Still going strong. Only other light to ever go out on the entire truck is one of the two license plate lights, which I need to get around to replacing. Oh what a POS.

Do get me started on the fucking dumb-ass designs Audi has done...such as the fucking oil change on the the wife's damn car. Who in the fuck uses a canister oil filter???!!! That you have to have a $60 drain tool to do the "right way." Don't forget the panel you have to remove just to get to the stupid thing. Nice.

But wait; turn signal light went out on that car @ 35k. But it's an Audi, how did that happen? You have to tear apart half the trunk to get to where the Sirius brain is located because of how stupidly they decided to mount it. For no extra cost, the design could have made it changeable in about 2 minutes. I also love how buttons are installed for features the car isn't even optioned with.

I mean, my wife likes the car, and it's alright to drive (be it a bit slow). But Audi's have their share of problems...I'll probably have my wife trade it in once the warranty is up, because it's not exactly a great idea owning out outside of the warranty period.

What the fuck does this have to do with Audi's?

We own an Escalade, it has had way more problems than my Audi. Even if my Audi has had more things go wrong, its still a POS because its suppose to be an upscale luxury truck, but the interior is made out of plastic that Honda would be ashamed to put in their cheapest car.

I'd rather have an Avalanche because its not prancing around pretending to be something its not.

Again, trickle down vs trickle up.

You know whats real sweet? When you are driving along in the escalade and all of a sudden the entire gauge cluster just switches off. Get it replaced along with a bunch of other electrical problems like the heated seats, which also somehow you can magically have it on Low and High at the same time still to this very day. Few days later, same thing happens again, but now the Air ride system decided that it would also take a shit...every latch on the inside has also broken and been replaced because its made of shit plastic.

Quality right there.

Audis certainly aren't perfect, but I know their issues. I really know older Chevy trucks pretty well, but haven't owned or really worked with anything newer than a 95' Chevy truck. I don't know how you could get 13mpg, seriously. Our 454 heavy 1-ton gets about that. Our 350s get high-teens even towing equipment, I'm not kidding at all. You do have to drive them right to manipulate the trans. Hopefulyl Chris's escalade is a lemon with all its electrical failures and ours turns out to be good. Taking an extended test drive this weekend to put it through the paces.

I've bet I've had less go wrong on my Avalanche (same basic thing with a few less toys) than you have had go our on your Audi. My Avalanche is an 02 and now has 125k on it.

I did replace the DRL's @ 66k or so (which was about 4 years ago). Still going strong. Only other light to ever go out on the entire truck is one of the two license plate lights, which I need to get around to replacing. Oh what a POS.

Do get me started on the fucking dumb-ass designs Audi has done...such as the fucking oil change on the the wife's damn car. Who in the fuck uses a canister oil filter???!!! That you have to have a $60 drain tool to do the "right way." Don't forget the panel you have to remove just to get to the stupid thing. Nice.

But wait; turn signal light went out on that car @ 35k. But it's an Audi, how did that happen? You have to tear apart half the trunk to get to where the Sirius brain is located because of how stupidly they decided to mount it. For no extra cost, the design could have made it changeable in about 2 minutes. I also love how buttons are installed for features the car isn't even optioned with.

I mean, my wife likes the car, and it's alright to drive (be it a bit slow). But Audi's have their share of problems...I'll probably have my wife trade it in once the warranty is up, because it's not exactly a great idea owning out outside of the warranty period.

Let's not go comparing a beatdick gender confused pickup with 200lbs of plastic cladding slung to it's side to any luxury sedan.

Take this fight over to the Honda Ridgeline or Honda Element forums. They share your pain.

PS: 97.68% gay wink ;)

There are 3 (soon to be 4) Tahoes/Yukons in our family. 2000, 01, 01, and 04.

All get 18+ avg mpg, and all get 20 mpg on road trips.

Is the one they are looking at a 6.0L? Then, the mileage will suffer slightly.

I guess the best review I can give is that everyone is happy with their suvs and have no plan of getting rid of them.